What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Guy Sebastian

Megalomaniac

Juniors
I know this should be in another section, but I thought at least some of you may be interested in this topic...hopefully!

Yes, I went to Martin Place today to meet Guy Sebastian, and he is deadset one of the nicest people you would ever meet. The conditions today were terrible, and many, like MANY fans turned up to meet their Australian Idol, including me. But rather being a snob and snub half the group of fans by only signing a few copies of his new album, "Just As I Am", he stated that he was going to sign everyone's copy. And trust me, everyone appreciated it!

Many people said he is a really nice guy even in real life and it wasn't an act for the cameras, and my impression of him has been emphasised after today. I believe that Australia has made the correct choice, no doubt about it.

BTW, did anyone else go?? And also, check out his album, in stores tomorrow. It's great!!

~bedsy~

First Grade
It's half obvious by looking at his face that his a nice guy.
It hasn't turned up in Port Macquarie yet... but I have pre ordered it.

The_Ben

Juniors
Dunno what they've done to his hair. Before it was like pubes, now it is all tizzed out and straight.

He's already sold 400,000 albums once you take into account the pre-orders, so in effect he has repaid the million dollars that BMG lent him to record and produce his first cd.

*melliez*

Juniors
sorru I found playing touch footy, drinking beer and getting sunburnt more exciting than seeing some bloke who looks like he came off second best when he tried to fight the powerpoint!

Sweeper

Juniors
If you bought his 8 day compilation (losely referred to as an album)...

Someone played you like a second-hand Russian fiddle...

All you idol boppers are morons. Cant you see its just a fad, you wont even know who guy is in 2 months, hell, all the limelight is even off him now.. Its just like big brother, the winner is famous for a week then he turns back to normal. You morons are pathetic.

Samwise

Bench
haha CH, let her have it.

seriously why would anyone want to go see some knob that has been handed a multi million dollar record deal on a silver platter. the guy sings but he's no artist, thats for sure.

i wanna see the bands or artists that write their own songs, do the hard yards in touring for years on end for squat all money, get their own record deal through persistance and hard work, dont have to rely on a cheesy tv show or huge marketing budget to sell albums and make music that means something. thats what music is about, not some flavour of the month hack that will be in rehab or promoting pocket socks in a few months time.

sad....so very sad

Samwise said:

seriously why would anyone want to go see some knob that has been handed a multi million dollar record deal on a silver platter. the guy sings but he's no artist, thats for sure.

i wanna see the bands or artists that write their own songs, do the hard yards in touring for years on end for squat all money, get their own record deal through persistance and hard work, dont have to rely on a cheesy tv show or huge marketing budget to sell albums and make music that means something. thats what music is about, not some flavour of the month hack that will be in rehab or promoting pocket socks in a few months time.

sad....so very sad

Couldnt of said that better myself. Totally agree there.

Anyone could get a top 20 hit today, you just have to have big tits a nice arse long legs and blonde hair, then repeat 2 lines over and over to a annoying repetitive beat.

astrogirl

First Grade
Samwise said:
To each their own! Are you guys this intolerant of everyone who has interests that are different to your own? :shock:

Samwise said:

sad....so very sad
Samwise, fair enough if "that's what music is about" for you. I may not be Guy's biggest fan but there's no doubt in my mind that what he does is make music. It just doesn't suit your particular descriptors, needs, wants or whatever!

SydneySwan, my advice to you (if you want it :) ) is to stay true to your own interests

But the thing is... These people dont like these singers.. Well they do for about a month until they sell out and are to never be heard of again..

How can people like music that is just the same words repeated for 3 minutes? I just dont understand.

astrogirl

First Grade
Chicken_Hunter said:
But the thing is... These people dont like these singers.. Well they do for about a month until they sell out and are to never be heard of again..

How can people like music that is just the same words repeated for 3 minutes? I just dont understand.
Maybe so, but does that matter? If it transpires that Guy S is a one hit wonder, well he won't be the first!

Whether or not interest will wane remains to be seen. Regardless, a lot of people have derived entertainment from the Australian Idol process - I know I have! I watched the show from the time they reached the final 10.

legallyblonde

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
Samwise said:

sad....so very sad

Couldnt of said that better myself. Totally agree there.

Anyone could get a top 20 hit today, you just have to have big tits a nice arse long legs and blonde hair, then repeat 2 lines over and over to a annoying repetitive beat.

right on guys!!

Samwise

Bench
astrogirl said:
Samwise said:
To each their own! Are you guys this intolerant of everyone who has interests that are different to your own? :shock:

Samwise said:

sad....so very sad
Samwise, fair enough if "that's what music is about" for you. I may not be Guy's biggest fan but there's no doubt in my mind that what he does is make music. It just doesn't suit your particular descriptors, needs, wants or whatever!

SydneySwan, my advice to you (if you want it :) ) is to stay true to your own interests

not that intolerant to everyone, just people that claim these people are sooo talented when they do about 5% of the work. guy sebastion does not make music, other people make the music and he just sings it, the guy is a record labels lackey who has to contractually do what he is told. do you honestly think if guy sebastion had gotten a record contract on his own he would have sold as many albums without some crap reality tv show to back it? of course not, there is no way this album would have been a success without the series or the millions of dollars marketing the thing, look i'm not saying the guy can't sing, he can, i'm saying he is not a musical artist. i put guy sebastion in the same league as bardot, spice girls, scandalus, and scott cain, ie manufactured crap. guy does it because he is star struck and blinded by fame, the record company does it for money, i will of course retract this and admit guy sebastion is a musical artist if he is consistantly touring and selling records (that he wrote himself) in 5 years time. but lets be serious? what are the chances of him having another album? as soon as the next idol series begins everyone will have forgotten about him.

astrogirl

First Grade
samwise, I understand your point of view. I just read "haha CH, let her have it" to mean "let's bag SS for her interest in Guy Sebastian", which I have to say I'm not terribly comfortable with.

Hence my "to each their own" comment.

I like Justin Timberlake. Want to bag me about that?!? ;-)

Who was the person that kept starting the Scott Cain threads on the old board?

Just asking cause I tihnk that's what killed the old place.