What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastleknights .com

Doctor

Bench
Yeah I noticed that Tony - I eventually conceeded that things weren't going to be resolved quickly, so I joined anyway.

Do you like my name? I thought it sounded very, dare I say, Original. :roll:

Risa

Bench
Hey all!

It's a shame about the Knights forum huh? I kept trying to get in there for two days and wondered what the hell was going on till I received an email saying that it might be gone for good.

I admit that I hadn't posted there as much as I had in the past. It's probably to do with the fact that I felt like most of the good posts weren't replied to and the ones that were pretty stupid were. Anyways, thanks for the opportunity to be part of this forum, hopefully it will be a place I'll post in more often!!

*knights_Lady*

Juniors
Ahhh! Familiar faces.. at last!
Well they've taken our forum away, but we're still strong, we will prevail as long as we still have Parki's stories and articles some form of normality will conitnue to exist.

I agree I thinks it's pretty harsh not to inform us all on the decision or pending decision.. oh well what can we do...

Good to see you all here, thanks again Mark for the info, Happy posting people! :)

Alex28

Coach
hey guys. kinda in the same boat as you guys - had no idea what happened and kinda didnt have much to do on the inernet with no knights forum...lol.

I emailed Wayne as well and looks like i got the standard response. If there is a thing aganst official club messageboards, has there been any others closed down? I think it is probably more the people the club didnt want on the forum and how they were going to get rid of them.

But any way, at least there is some spot to discuss the club. Thanks for letting me know :)

Sandy

Juniors
Hi all........ I've been a lurker and sometime member (Bennys Babe) on the Knights Forum for years (even before Antonius, who is BTW, my brother-in-law)....... I love to read what people have to say and occasionally like to contribute myself. As much as I loved the Knights forum, I like the look of this one, it's a bit like a breath of fresh air......... keep up the good work guys.

Sandy

antonius

Coach
It's really great to see some of the old sigs arriving here, if we keep the interesting and funny threads coming there's no reason we can't set up shop here. I'm sure after todays game there will be plenty to talk about. I don't know if this section of the site is restricted to just Knights talk, but I would think we can discuss other clubs/topics on here, I'm sure they will let us know if we are doing the wrong thing. I don't know if letting on who you are Sandy will do you any favours LOL, not everyone luvs antonius
:( HaHa. Still welcome, and make sure you post some of your great ideas,get some of that passion you feel for the knights in them LOL.

Alex28

Coach
i had a thought Antonius - perhaps if the knights forum goes we could ask Wayne to email say the top 20 or 30 active members from the old forum to tell them to come here instead? That way it isnt being advertised on the Knights website and we get the old members back.

Just a thought...

antonius

Coach
Alex28 said:
i had a thought Antonius - perhaps if the knights forum goes we could ask Wayne to email say the top 20 or 30 active members from the old forum to tell them to come here instead? That way it isnt being advertised on the Knights website and we get the old members back.

Just a thought...
I have asked Wayne to do that, and he has put League unlimited on the links page of the web site. He has also given the addy to some members who have contacted him, some of us have written to the Knights admin, and I've sent a mail to Ken Conway expressing our disapointment at the treatment handed out to the members there, so now it's a matter of wait and see. Hopefully sanity will prevail and the old site will be back.

Jedda

Juniors
Welcome Guys!

It's nice to see some familiar faces round here. It's a pity it had to come at the Knights Forums expense.

While I'm not a regular poster here or on the Knights Board I do like to chat and on occasion offer my opinions.

Hope you all hang-around for a while and drag a few more of the "oldies" from the Knights Forum with you.

By the way; please leave BIHK behind, his Rudder posts drive me Nuts!!! LOL!

aka KiwiKnightsFan :)

Doctor

Bench
One thing is for certain - the old Knights P.R machine isn't kicking into 2nd gear yet. There is something to be said about organisations that don't respond to their audience/customers.

I hope this isn't against Forum rules, but I advise people to visit the Not Good Enough site: www.notgoodenough.org and post your complaints.

Terminator

First Grade
I'll put mine right here, Wayne, what you and whoever else at the NRL did to our forum was despicable.
You usually see the plug get pulled when a site is not going anywhere, but the Knights forum was alive and kicking.
You didn't even have the manners or sense to email regular posters such as myself and others, some of whom had been on their for years, getting information, swapping views and even making friends, about what was happening.
The NRL has found a new way to screw up yet again, well at least they are consistent.

gjg

Juniors
I have added to your post over there chook. I may not have been as regular on the board as I used to be, but it is still the home of the Knights Supporters and we expect to be shown a bit of respect when it comes down to being told about changes to the board we have been on for (in my case) many years.

Doctor

Bench
Point of opinion/fact: The late Knights Forum (may it rest in peace, bless its cotton socks) was one of the better NRL Forums thanks to a number of regulars who, despite their opinions, managed to keep it civil for most of the time.

You can't expect perfection, but what we had at the site is a little community of Knights fans (and indeed other fans from other clubs), and many will agree it was generally welcoming of other fans with other views. It changed a fair bit, but remained a quality forum - albeit waning a bit on serious discussion (as Risa has mentioned somewhere on here already).

It is quite inappropriate how the members have been ignored on the issue - no correspondance as yet, despite regular attendance there for several years.

astrogirl

First Grade
Alex28 said:
hey guys. kinda in the same boat as you guys - had no idea what happened and kinda didnt have much to do on the inernet with no knights forum...lol.
LOL, my first thought was "Maybe I'll get more work done now that the forum is gone..." I think I was averaging about 1-2 posts a day when the forum site went down.

Alex28 said:
I emailed Wayne as well and looks like i got the standard response. If there is a thing aganst official club messageboards, has there been any others closed down? I think it is probably more the people the club didnt want on the forum and how they were going to get rid of them.
What's the standard response? I decided against emailing Wayne cos I figured he'd be inundated with questions

Anonymous

Juniors
This is f**king gay, i have been on that forum since jan 2001 and worked up 5,000 posts, they cant just f**ken take it away, it is the first thing i do when i log on to the net and i usually keep it open for the whole duration. If it goes i dont want to f**ken start all over again here, its just not the same, it dosnt feel the same, i dont think i can fit in :( :(

antonius

Coach
Chicken_Hunter said:
This is f**king gay, i have been on that forum since jan 2001 and worked up 5,000 posts, they cant just f**ken take it away, it is the first thing i do when i log on to the net and i usually keep it open for the whole duration. If it goes i dont want to f**ken start all over again here, its just not the same, it dosnt feel the same, i dont think i can fit in :( :(
You fit in CH, a few of us are still trying to get the old forum back mate, all is not lost yet. So for the time being this is it.

astrogirl

First Grade
Hi CH, I see you have got rid of the haphazard use of caps and little letters in your user name!

Terminator

First Grade
Don't go CH, I lost over 2,000 posts as well, I agree this forum is dick compared to our old one, but its better than nothing, hang in there buddy!
Your going home.