What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastleknights .com

gnome

Juniors
Jeff said:
gnome said:
Pound for Pound we have held our own at asrl over the years. It's actually the only tipping comp that I always desperately want to do well in. I have surrendered the overall points premiership already, Sadly eigth possy on the ladder will make it hard for the defending Premier to do well in the finals playoffs too.........if I hang on for the playoffs

Thanks for that endorsement of my tipping comp Gnome ;-)

Incidentally, have you read the Malcolm Reilly biography I sent you last year?

Your margins based tipping format is the yardstick by which all should be measured.

Yes, I enjoyed Malcolm's book. He was one of my favourite players as a kid. I still rate him as perhaps the best ball distributing prop forward to play the game. I was stoked when we signed Mal to coach the knights, it is no surprise to me that the club became successful during his reign.

Jeff from ASRL signed up here ust to post on a Knights' board? What is the world coming too? What's the prize for this year's comp?

Do you reckon the members here would be up to a margins based tipping comp next year, Gnome?

gnome

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
Jeff from ASRL signed up here ust to post on a Knights' board? What is the world coming too? What's the prize for this year's comp?

Do you reckon the members here would be up to a margins based tipping comp next year, Gnome?

Must say I was also shocked to see his name pop up here.

As for tipping next year...........I would like to see these guys involved in a margins comp, but it is much more labour intensive on the running side of things as you cant just use oztips etc, but margins is the way to go. Regular tipping is a bit mundane compared to margins. I love the fact that if you have a total shite week you could lose 7 points off your accumulative total.

It's a lot more difficult than the usual "winners" tipping comp. A challenge is always good for a little fun. it would be time consuming to run, but in the off-season I'll try and write up an Excel worksheet for the year. That way I'd just need to worry about putting in everyone's tips that week.

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
It's a lot more difficult than the usual "winners" tipping comp. A challenge is always good for a little fun. it would be time consuming to run, but in the off-season I'll try and write up an Excel worksheet for the year. That way I'd just need to worry about putting in everyone's tips that week.
This year has been the worst year ever for tipping in the comps I've been in, as you well know Wedge, I can't wait to start with a clean slate next year.

Yeah, I'm not going to win any comps outright this year after winning the Rleague comp a couple of years back. Gnome and I are running 8th and 7th respectively in Jeff's Usenet comp, so we have a chance at an overall title, but even then it's down to luck. The Knights pulled through for both of us yesterday, though.

Just one more week to hold! And at the moment I'm up against Sam, aren't I, Jeff? Who will you be cheering for? LOL!

tigermite

Juniors
Hi, it's a shame that the other forum has been taken down.... it was a good place and one I enjoyed visiting for the past 3 or 4 years.

If the reason it was taken down was because the NRL don't like it, then that sounds like a weak reason as to take it down. Sounds to me someone didn't want it anymore... afterall, I haven't heard of any other clubs taking theirs down, and the Tigers one is still up and running. But I might fire off an email to the administrator of the Tigers one... see if he knows anything about what the NRL has supposedly said and if the future of it is in any doubt. I'll let yas know when he replies as to what he has to say.

El Diablo

Post Whore
tigermite said:
Hi, it's a shame that the other forum has been taken down.... it was a good place and one I enjoyed visiting for the past 3 or 4 years.

If the reason it was taken down was because the NRL don't like it, then that sounds like a weak reason as to take it down. Sounds to me someone didn't want it anymore... afterall, I haven't heard of any other clubs taking theirs down, and the Tigers one is still up and running. But I might fire off an email to the administrator of the Tigers one... see if he knows anything about what the NRL has supposedly said and if the future of it is in any doubt. I'll let yas know when he replies as to what he has to say.

The Parra board has only recently come back after being closed and now before a post is displayed it has to be approved by a moderator.

gnome

Juniors
Hey Moo,

Couldn't help but notice that Jeff's post has dissapeared. I guess that he must have been embarrassed to be seen in a Knights section of a HTML based forum and deleted it.

Nice to know he lurks though.......He's a shite stirring bugger, but when it all boils down to it I think he's probably a good bloke. Next time he is out here.......or is he here permanently now........might try to organise an ale or two with him.

Innconu

Juniors
Man I go on holidays for 3 days and the forum falls apart...Can't I trust anyone to look after things while I have a rest :lol:

Hey all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rourkster

Juniors
El Duque said:
tigermite said:

The Parra board has only recently come back after being closed and now before a post is displayed it has to be approved by a moderator.
I've heard that Melbourne's is down at the moment as well.

Doctor

Bench
Well I can tell you that in the space of just a few short days this forum is alive and kicking.

When I arrived there were only a handful of old Forum posters around - things have changed.

CH: Your points about losing posts - I thought about this too, but by my logic the numbers mean very little in the end. Take Gnome for example: He's been on the Knights Forum since Caesar played fullback for Rome, yet his post tally probably wasn't too high. However many regard him highly because of his legendary status on the forum. Really anyone can clock up post tallies - I was going fairly quickly when I first arrived, then worked out that better discussion and better dealings between forum members are had by making longer and more detailed responses. Those were the days - thankfully it is the people that make a forum, not the post-tallies.

Gnome: Great to see you here, and with your old username I see. Did you get the email I sent, or did Gnome, short legs and all, hobble into this forum by other means? Good to see familiar faces anyway. :)

I must say I find this site slower. All the little images next to people's names, and the extras that come with this forum tend to make it slower.

I'm also struggling a bit to read what others write after each visit - you used to be able to read the last 15 replies in the old forum. Now you have to work out which page number you were at last time.

Anyway, small problems - great to see people here, hopefully getting some nice and long discussions going.

kingkerry

Juniors
:D Its good to be hear original_chook.I concur about how many post you make. Its more about the quality and good humour ,wit etc. I like the site layout i dont like sharing it with other supporters of other clubs however. I suppose well have to get used to it if the old forum doesnt come back on line 8)

gnome said:
Hey Moo,

Couldn't help but notice that Jeff's post has dissapeared. I guess that he must have been embarrassed to be seen in a Knights section of a HTML based forum and deleted it.

Nice to know he lurks though.......He's a shite stirring bugger, but when it all boils down to it I think he's probably a good bloke. Next time he is out here.......or is he here permanently now........might try to organise an ale or two with him.

It's still there, mate. 3rd page. Still with the solitary 1 next to his total. :)

stevo

Juniors
stupid ray hadley. I didn't like watching the footy show when he was on. He disgusted me. Now his gone, i get all excited the night of the show. It is so much better now.

I can't believe our forum could have been shut down because of something htis wanker said.

Anonymous

Juniors
its not so much the post tally that i am angry about, it is the fact that it took me 2 years to do it, 1,000 posts or 5,000 if it took me 2 years to achieve and to then have it blow up in my face than i am naturally peed off

Doctor

Bench
I think you'll find that most of the forum regulars will recognise you as a poster of worth - it's reputation and not post-tallies that give you a certain amount of respect.

I personally have taken it quite well - after more than four years at the forum I thought I might have been more disappointed than this - but I realise that it is just numbers, and indeed it is just a forum.

People make forums, and thankfully there are people coming in here that are building this forum up.

Just like every negative event in the world, there are positive outcomes. I'm not suggesting the removal of the forum is even remotely close to the terrible events during and following the attacks on the 11th of September, but even in heartbreak there are positive outcomes - New York banded together, it stimulated the economy (as every war does).

In this case, the destruction of the Knights Forum has benefited League Unlimited - they have a whole lot of new people here - they're happy, although many here, including me, probably aren't quite as excited.

Nevertheless it is a decent site, albeit a bit slow, but I'll get used to it if need be.

Latest posts