What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastleknights .com

rourkster

Juniors
Well, I've made it across. Spent the last cuppla days basically in denial. The first thing I do when I go online is check the Knights forum and I've been a little lost without it. Great to see everyone moving across here.
If it's true about the NRL not wanting official club sites to have forums then I have to say that I can understand that. Given the recent controversy involving rl.com and Ray Hadley's comments I can see that the NRL wouldn't want a club's official site to be linked to any possible slander issues or be seen as promoting violence between club's fans. Much better to move the forums off site to an independant body so there is no comeback. Doesn't mean I'm not as disappointed as the rest of you, but I'm sure we can make this place just as good. The only problem I can see is that with the index page showing forums for all clubs I can see that there will be a lot of cross-posting between fans and it will be a lot simpler for opposing fans to visit each other's forums for the obligatory abuse sessions. Hopefully it won't degenerate too much.
Anyway, enough waffling. Great to be aboard - and what a great win today against the Dragons!

*knights_Lady*

Juniors
Welcome welcome to the latest arrivals,
Yes Rourkster, what a magnificent win today was indeed!
Bulldogs Losing to Raiders
Chooks losing to Warriors...
Does my weekend get any better? Nah I guess not! :lol:
Man I am one lucky girl...

Anyway, this is quite nerve racking not having much else to read but say 4 or so threads... No community section to discuss all sorts of intresting stuff... Damn I miss our forum! :cry:

Jeff

Juniors
gnome said:
Pound for Pound we have held our own at asrl over the years. It's actually the only tipping comp that I always desperately want to do well in. I have surrendered the overall points premiership already, Sadly eigth possy on the ladder will make it hard for the defending Premier to do well in the finals playoffs too.........if I hang on for the playoffs

Thanks for that endorsement of my tipping comp Gnome ;-)

Incidentally, have you read the Malcolm Reilly biography I sent you last year?

Anonymous

Juniors
kingkerry said:
I cant tell you how disapointing it is whats the diffrence between this forum and any other ?
feel like a little bit of me has died. I know I have not been around on the Knights Forum as much as usual but I was checking in occasionally. What happenned. Is it all this damn litigation mess that happenned to WORL that is to blame.
Well i was nearly going to SIGN onto the Knights membership rewards club AS 1 OF THERE MERCHANTS My sales staff could have distrubeted approx 100 cards /new customers a week.The only real benefiet to me having same space on there web page. I can convincingly say that i will not be proceding in any further discusions . AS who the hell is going to visit the site without the forum :(
[/quote]
Well King Kerry MAKE Sure you tell the Knights about your decision not to become a Cash 4 Biz Merchant..

100 cards a week - Maybe you hve both hands on it.. But nice try

Anonymous

Juniors
antonius said:
He has also given the addy to some members who have contacted him, some of us have written to the Knights admin, and I've sent a mail to Ken Conway expressing our disapointment at the treatment handed out to the members there, so now it's a matter of wait and see. Hopefully sanity will prevail and the old site will be back.

Dont hold your breath Antonio.... With that arrogant pig Conway, you will be lucky if he even acknowledges your letter, letter alone respionds.. and GOD Forbid to reverse a decision himor Hill have made.. well there is buckleys of that.. THEY Never admi they are wrong - even when they are - which is a lot of the time.. Just another EXAMPLE of how they misrun their club and ignore what their memebrs and fans want - the way they just shut the site down was an absolute disgrace :cry:

Anonymous

Juniors
Original_Chook said:
One thing is for certain - the old Knights P.R machine isn't kicking into 2nd gear yet. There is something to be said about organisations that don't respond to their audience/customers.

I hope this isn't against Forum rules, but I advise people to visit the Not Good Enough site: www.notgoodenough.org and post your complaints.

You are damned right about that PR thing - How damaging was their treatment of Forum Members to their already PORR CREDIBILITY!

As for Marketing - The Knighst market themselves by the town and the team.. Dont know why they have 9 staff in Memberships and Marketing departments costing $600k a year...... No wonder our club is going broke!

Anonymous

Juniors
terminator007 said:
I'll put mine right here, Wayne, what you and whoever else at the NRL did to our forum was despicable.
You usually see the plug get pulled when a site is not going anywhere, but the Knights forum was alive and kicking.
You didn't even have the manners or sense to email regular posters such as myself and others, some of whom had been on their for years, getting information, swapping views and even making friends, about what was happening.
The NRL has found a new way to screw up yet again, well at least they are consistent.

Its NOT the NRL - Its the Newcastle Knights Admin... The NRL doesnt control the Knights site.. and IF the NRL COntrol sites - Why is this one still kicking.. Its Conay and Hill - So lets start up a new club - hte WE HATE CONWAY and HILL Club?

Any interested members?

Anonymous

Juniors
antonius said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
This is f**king gay, i have been on that forum since jan 2001 and worked up 5,000 posts, they cant just f***en take it away, it is the first thing i do when i log on to the net and i usually keep it open for the whole duration. If it goes i dont want to f***en start all over again here, its just not the same, it dosnt feel the same, i dont think i can fit in :( :(
You fit in CH, a few of us are still trying to get the old forum back mate, all is not lost yet. So for the time being this is it.

Yeah THIS FORUM is heaps better - Its not controlled (Like the Knights) by one man - Michael Hill... So you can say what you want without threads being deleted - Democracy and Freedom of Speech - Insead of WIN t all costs even if it means cheating like csome Company's Slogans!

:)

antonius

Coach
Big Tim2 said:
Although we have been hard done by, I must thank Wayne.

I got on here and automatically went to nk.com/forum and I see the nice gesture of "we are not running anymore etc etc please visit leagueunlimited.com"

At least we can get this forum to be as good as the old.

R.I.P. newcastleknights.com
Wayne was pursuaded to put that link on by a couple of the old forum members.

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
Hey, Tony, any chance of you exercising those newly instituted powers of mercy banning?
LOL, I get your drift Wedge (Moo Cow) but he's harmless at the moment.
:roll:

kingkerry

Juniors
Well King Kerry MAKE Sure you tell the Knights about your decision not to become a Cash 4 Biz Merchant..

100 cards a week - Maybe you have both hands on it.. But nice try
Theres no trying about it.

Samwise

Bench
What up dudes, so this is where you have all been hiding, gone into stealth mode for a surprise attack on the finals eh?

seriously this forum business sucks a huge one, goddam red tape merchants! ah well, guess we will have to make do until wayne can find his red tape scissors.

Oh in case u didnt figure it out, i'm sammyw83 from the forum.

viva de forum

legallyblonde

Juniors
phew I found you guys :)
Out of habbit I turn on the computer go to the knights page and down to the forum section and there was no forum...I was shocked! But I guess its not so bad...I just hope all the familiar faces from newcastleknights.com come to this one!
Johns all Day and Stevo? you here girls?

Terminator

First Grade
Hello Sammy, good to see you finally washed up here too, I was toying with changing my tag to Indiana007, but I thought if lost and stressed out forum members saw my familiar tag they would come on here.
I'm now trying to get a decent avatar.

Green Eye

Juniors
Hello and welcome Knights fans.

May I start off with congratulating the Knights on a very impressive win on the weekend.

I am one of the admins here at League Unlimited and given the recent goings on with forums I would like to express my thanks for joining League Unlimited.

I am usually in here checking that things go smoothly and if you need anything then please email us at website@leagueunlimited.com. Not all requests can be answered immediately but we will try our hardest to respond quickly.

I know we can not replace the forum that you guys built over the past 5 years but we will endeavour to make it as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you again,

The League Unlimited team.

Sandy

Juniors
Vigilante, Yeah it was a hard decision as to whether to disclose my family ties with Antonius but at least as you say, I am not actually blood related (phew)........ and I hope he doesn't read this, but he is a great BIL and fantastic to go to the footy with. If you hear a suntanned Pom yelling out "Get him off"....... or "bloody O'Davis, or "bloody MacDougall" or "bloody Mander", it's probably Tony........ going to the footy without him just isn't the same........ and yes, he is as handsome as he says he is (that should get me an extra Chrissy present this year).........

Sandy

antonius

Coach
Sandy said:
Vigilante, Yeah it was a hard decision as to whether to disclose my family ties with Antonius but at least as you say, I am not actually blood related (phew)........ and I hope he doesn't read this, but he is a great BIL and fantastic to go to the footy with. If you hear a suntanned Pom yelling out "Get him off"....... or "bloody O'Davis, or "bloody MacDougall" or "bloody Mander", it's probably Tony........ going to the footy without him just isn't the same........ and yes, he is as handsome as he says he is (that should get me an extra Chrissy present this year).........

Sandy

Gee Sandy your making me go all :oops: :oops: :oops: Going to the footy without you guys wouldn't be the same either, watching you chew your nails, or hide your eyes.