What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Recreate Forum

knightsgal85

Juniors
Northey, I'm sure most will now find there way on here, as Wayne has put a message up directing us here. However, if you do happen to speak to Ken Bennedy, just mention it to him. I've got his e-mail, but just send him an e-mail (as I'm sure you have got it).

Anyway, I don't think I'll be ever going back to the official Newcastle Knights homepage again (maybe occasionally), unless the forum gets running again. The forum was the main reason I went to that particular website.

Terminator

First Grade
It was the only reason for me, unless I read Boozies storys or updates.
Um that Avatar you have Knights _Gal 85, is a touch hyptnotic.

knightsgal85

Juniors
terminator007 said:
No don't its good, I like looking at it!

Oh okay. I thought you were indicating that it was too repetitive & made you dizzy or something. I only selected it because it has the 2 best colours in the world & it caught my eye :lol:

Go the Red & Blue :D

By the way, where is your avatar?

Terminator

First Grade
All this site needs Vegemite/God is a community at the bottom of it in our own part of this League parking lot, and a drool section beneath it.

Anonymous

Juniors
The only reason that I would suggest that they removed it like that was because there must have been a recent precedent or legislation passed that held web sites accountable for the views expressed on it. Notice that this forum address is outside of Australia......no lawsuits ;-)

I have to admit; I was surprised when I first came to the Forum that the Club would allow such a "liberal" debate to take place. I actually loved that style. This place seems similar.

For the guy that mentioned getting the forum back as it was external from the Knights. I would doubt if they would allow that to happen. If any information was to be either given to, or purchased by one of us that turned out to be liable, then we could be sued, and we could in turn sue the Knights. So I doubt they will be keen on letting their intellectual property go.

In any case the Policy & Procedure police will make sure that if it goes back it will be started without any history and will have disclaimers hanging from it from arsehole to breakfast time.

-GS.

Terminator

First Grade
knightsgal85 said:
terminator007 said:
No don't its good, I like looking at it!

Oh okay. I thought you were indicating that it was too repetitive & made you dizzy or something. I only selected it because it has the 2 best colours in the world & it caught my eye :lol:

Go the Red & Blue :D

By the way, where is your avatar?
Here!

kingkerry

Juniors
Pando
The only reason that I would suggest that they removed it like that was because there must have been a recent precedent or legislation passed that held web sites accountable for the views expressed on it.
]I havent heard anything mate, but rourkster i think mentioned something about someone making comments about david oldfield on a web site that has started this hysteria.{ dont quote me verbatem on above statement }
Notice that this forum address is outside of Australia......no lawsuits
I didnt i was looking at the header though and it looked identical to a telstra site i was on. I reckon all the solicitors in this country should be in charge of the insurance industry that way when someone gets sued the lawyers are suing themselves
:twisted:

Doctor

Bench
The problem is that in recent times internet defamation has become a big issue.

I need only refer to the Joseph Gutnick case where Dow Jones' internet publication were alleged to have defamed him, or misrepresented some aspect of his business dealings - despite the fact they were based overseas, he managed to have them judged under Australian law because he was able to access the information in Australia.

Now if cases like this can affect people under different juristictions then surely the current climate, especially with regards to amateur writers/joes off the street, things will be tougher - they're more likely to say things out of speculation and not fact.

It is all very blurry at the moment, and that is clearly why there is a climate of anxiety about legal action being taken against what people are saying. The actions by an individual that shall go unnamed have just been the ignition, it seems, for an issue that is clearly on the agenda.

It is a corporate-panic if you like, and I can understand the concern. You've got criminals getting money for the "negligence" of others prior to a crime being committed - passing the blame elsewhere. Given lawsuits are everywhere these days, I don't blame the Knights for removing the forum - I still believe though that it was a very rushed and unprofessional transition with no general email or announcement made.

Only in the last few days has a message come up - too little, too late. :(

kingkerry

Juniors
Çouldnt they insert a disclaimer in there sum were o_chook. I know litagation is rife throughout society its just ridiculous. I just cant fathom the idea that someone else can be responsable for my comments :roll:

Razor

Coach
kingkerry said:
Çouldnt they insert a disclaimer in there sum were o_chook. I know litagation is rife throughout society its just ridiculous. I just cant fathom the idea that someone else can be responsable for my comments :roll:

A legal disclaimer in that instance will have no standing in court.

Nut

Juniors
If wayne hasn't deleted the database yet, all old information from the forum (users, posts etc.) will still be stored. All you need to do is install snitz forum on a server and link it to the database.

If wayne will give someone access to the database dump then the whole forum can be re-created exactly like it was.

Terminator

First Grade
Nut said:
If wayne hasn't deleted the database yet, all old information from the forum (users, posts etc.) will still be stored. All you need to do is install snitz forum on a server and link it to the database.

If wayne will give someone access to the database dump then the whole forum can be re-created exactly like it was.

Antonius!!!!

misty

Juniors
:lol: Mmmmmm, me thinks Antonius would make a good forum masterblaster, but then agin....all that power....... :-k