What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Stabbing in Wallsend

IanG

Coach
We've all hear about it by now. The scary thing is Dury Street isn't far from my joint. Scary thought huh.

astrogirl

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
:-s

Is this a big thing in Newcastle? There is 30 a night in Sydney.
*covers her ears*

30?!? No way!

Seriously though, bad stuff happens. There was a shooting in my street the other week. Actually the guy was shot in my apartment building, then he stumbled into the street and hailed a cab to the hospital.

Crazy thing is my street appears to be very safe. Well lit and we even have security guards around, who are employed by the apartment complexes.

I guess this sort of stuff can happen anywhere.

RABK

Referee
astrogirl said:
*covers her ears*

30?!? No way!

Seriously though, bad stuff happens. There was a shooting in my street the other week. Actually the guy was shot in my apartment building, then he stumbled into the street and hailed a cab to the hospital.

Crazy thing is my street appears to be very safe. Well lit and we even have security guards around, who are employed by the apartment complexes.

I guess this sort of stuff can happen anywhere.

No joke. Most are drunken fights though.

Just heard it on the radio, seems the whole family have been stabbed.

The mother and grandmother are dead, two other fighting for life in hopsital and a 14 year old girl is safe.

Father is the suspect.

RABK

Referee
Seriously though, bad stuff happens. There was a shooting in my street the other week.

What about the week i had in my street here two weeks ago. On the Sunday night soemone got his brains blown out by a shotgun on the corner, two nights later a 17 year old was stabbed to death about 40 metres down the road. Another two nights later and a jewelery shop owner was stabbed and robbed.

macavity

Referee
The mother and grandmother are dead, two other fighting for life in hopsital and a 14 year old girl is safe.

Father is the suspect.

eh? the 50-something dad and 30-something daughter are dead, the daughter's estranged ex is the suspect.

drove past the site this morn, millions of cops - they were also combing newcastle road, looking for the murder weapon?

~bedsy~

First Grade
I heard about this morning.... didn't hear it was in wallsend, just that it was in Newcastle.
Very sad news.

IanG

Coach
~bedsy~ said:
Well I thought it was more like Jesmond.

Yeah it is cuz Dury Street runs down to the street that's behind Stockland Mall. It near my dentist's clinic.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yeah a freind of mine at TAFE lives near there and his in Jesmond.... that's how I found out where abouts it was.

fosie

Juniors
I heard that one of the kids saw the whole thing happen.....how traumatised would they be?

RABK

Referee
I went to school with a guy who witnessed the murder of his family at the hands of a shotgun wielding maniac.

He went from a perfectly normal guy to basically a brain dead guy. He was scared of everything and was constantly shaking. Kids to torment him would yell "bang" in his ear.

Doctor

Bench
The street, as you've pointed out, is closer to Jesmond than the area generally considered to be Wallsend.... it's a section of the suburb on its own that you wouldn't consider Wallsend unless you lived there and knew that you technically lived in Wallsend.

That's pretty irrelevant though. The real problem here is the way people deal with their frustrations. We cannot pretend to know all the circumstances, but a a man has been charged with killing his ex-wife, his ex-father-in-law, and wounding a number of others..... all in front of at least one child, if not more. What is more disturbing is that the man would injure his daughter -- if this is the case (I'm not sure what the facts are).

It is important to see this as a domestic issue though. It takes nothing away from the seriousness of the events that took place. This is never "just" a domestic incident, but I suppose it is relieving, if it's appropriate to use the word, to know that this isn't a lunatic running around with a knife, killing strangers.

It's a completely inappropriate way to deal with ones feelings..... but some people have issues that most of us cannot begin to fathom. It's a very sad fact of life.

IanG

Coach
Speaking of stabbings there was another one last night. This time near Hamilton Railway station. It was between two women one in her 40s the other in her 30s and once again it's believe they knew each other. An argumnet that turned to murder.

Hell Bitch

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
What about the week i had in my street here two weeks ago. On the Sunday night soemone got his brains blown out by a shotgun on the corner, two nights later a 17 year old was stabbed to death about 40 metres down the road. Another two nights later and a jewelery shop owner was stabbed and robbed.

Mate, you really should move house.

Latest posts