What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-Survivor Pearl Islands

antonius

Coach
Who watches this?
When it first started it seemed a bit lame, but ever since Rupert stole all the other tribes stuff in the first episode he's been my type of survivor, now horror of horrors the previews of next week are suggesting he's on the outer!!! Bloody Rupert IS That show, if he goes it's dead in the water, the rest of them have personalities like Besablocks!! What about osten the big Darkly coloured fellow ( Thats me trying to be politicaly correct!) What a big pansy he is, he's built like a brick shithouse, and has a heart the size of poppy seed. If Rupert goes I'm switching off.

knightsgal85

Juniors
I have always been an absolute fanatic of Survivor. I have to admit that Rupert has intrigued me the most by a massive margin than that of the other contestants. If he were to be elminated soon, it would definitely be a significant lowlight to this series, as none of the other survivors, in my opinion, have stimulated much interest as of this present moment in the game.

I had a feeling Jon was going to emerge into a similar figure as that of Rob from the previous series, but he has only emerged to be so immature, it is just laughable :lol:

Rupert is such a great competitor. He gives it his all in every single challenge, and his work level in terms of survival at camp is just commendable. I have gained so much respect for Rupert, and I hope he manages to become the ultimate winner of this series. However, I believe this will work against his favour in the long-term, unfortunately.

His physical prominence, as was clearly displayed in the most recent immunity challenge when he was a temporary addition to the Morgan tribe for 3 days, just reinforced what an important human asset he is to the Drake tribe. Drake just crumbled without his presence.

Rupert is an inspirational leader and a workaholic. He brings back that true pirate spirit :D

I also agree that Osten is a 'pansy' (even though that is not a nice thing to really say). He has not got a good attitude, and I thought he would emerge to be someone like Rupert. How he fooled me (looks can be deceiving).

I was not too keen at first of Rob from the Survivor Amazon series, but his approach to the game was fascinating. The way his brain functioned, his humour, the manipulation, his competiveness, was just admirable, despite the amount of deception.

Rupert has captivated most viewers of Survivor this series, so I hope he will at the very least reach the final four (and preferably, goes on to become the ultimate survivor of the Pearl Islands :D ).

Leasha

Juniors
I have been drawn to Rupert from the very start simply because of his striking resemblance to Hagrid from the Harry Potter movies - yes I know it is a juvenile parallel to draw, but after I watched the movie with my neice, I noticed that the resemblance was almost uncanny! Now the same neice and I watch the show and cheer for Hagrid, I mean Rupert, every week :D Regardless of this fact, I think Rupert has been strategic in his role, taking into consideration that his physical appearance could not let him be the 'quiet achiever', and has utilised his strength to his advantage... I can say no more except:
GO RUPERT!!! :lol:

Parki

Bench
I think it would suck to see Rupert kicked off, but in saying that this series doesen't really interest me knowing whats around the corner. All Star Survivor is the next series which pits all past winners and runners up against each other. That concept in itself has me going crazy with excitement because imagine how tactical and cool it will be to see everyone that won up against each other to be crowned "Ultimate Survivor".....Ill watch this series but to be honest im over it. I want survivor Eight right now damn it!!!!!!

tigermite

Juniors
Rupert is the best... I just love it the way he talks to the camera in his interview thingys... like "if this was a pirate community... he'd be dead by now" or something along those lines... and the way he delivers it. As well as his work rate and his attitude... he'd be the sort of bloke I'd want to go and see if I was a troubled teen (he is a troubled teen mentor if anyone didn't know).

Unfortunately, due to this, he won't win. The only chance he would have would be to get as far as possible, then win all the immunity challenges for himself. Nobody would take him with them to the final 2 unless they wanted him to win... but he has to get past this week first.

I have also heard that the biggest twist/shock ever is going to hit Survivor very soon (like the next couple of weeks.... not sure, it could even be this week). But from what I've read..... the CURSE is coming..... though I have no idea what it is.

This survivor looks the goods.... every week it seems something big happens... much better than the last one when it was easy to see who was going every wek for a while there. There seems to be enough people in this series who would be willing to backstab anyone to get ahead in the game. And when you have backstabbers being backstabbed who are also being backstabbed, it gets interesting. Just hope that it keeps up and doesn't become predictable again.

tigermite

Juniors
Parki said:
All Star Survivor is the next series which pits all past winners and runners up against each other. That concept in itself has me going crazy with excitement because imagine how tactical and cool it will be to see everyone that won up against each other to be crowned "Ultimate Survivor".....Ill watch this series but to be honest im over it. I want survivor Eight right now damn it!!!!!!
Yes All Star is coming up (I thought it was going to be series 9, but it could be the next one). But I'm pretty sure it won't be just the winners and runners up. Some of them won't want to come back for another series. I'm not sure what the criteria will be but don't just expect the top 2 from each series. But it will be interesting to see since they presumabely have seen how everyone else works whilst watching the other series. It could be very entertaining.

Parki

Bench
Elizabeth ( series 2) and Heidi ( series 6) in a cat fight!!!!.....mmmmmm now thats something i could get used to..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why couldn't they open it up just a little more to let Colleen Haskell back in???

x-animal24.jpg

Dang.

I am enjoying Pearl Islands, though. I couldn't even be bothered with the ones since the first series. They were all the same boring thing. At least this one has better people in it.

Razor

Coach
tigermite said:
But I'm pretty sure it won't be just the winners and runners up.

No it's not.

Burnett has said they'll bring back the most popular. He won't let them know until very late though, as when there was a rumour that there was going to be a Survivor with the past winners & runners-up after S5, the contestants started making alliances then. And he doesn't want that to happen.

Rupert is my favourite. Christa & Darrah probably my 2nd favourite.

Osten & immature Jon are my least favourites.

Great series so far.

bronnie34

Juniors
I have to say that I am an absolute addict. Rupert is definately my favourite. I like how he doesn't care about wearing a skirt around. One of my favourite parts is when he made a new skirt to wear (I thought that was funny) and right at the beginning he stole all the other tribes stuff to sell at the markets.

Like Parki I can't wait to see all star survivor, I heard that Rob will definately be in it from the last series, he was a real player and I loved watching him. Also heard that Jerry from australian survivor could also be interested and Lex from Africa. How great would it be to see all these big personalities in the one tribe, talk about clashes.
Bring it on!

astrogirl

First Grade
I'm only a recent fan of Survivor, in fact this is only the first series I have watched. Like a lot of you guys, I'm a Rupert fan. Agreed bronnie34, how good was the footage of Rupert sewing himself a skirt!!! Osten should tuck his skirt in and toughen up.

Leasha, I like your observation about Rupert and Hagrid!

bronnie34

Juniors
I can not believe that the drake tribe almost got rid of rupert, how stupid are they, i know he is a bit of a threat but they should not be getting rid of someone who is so strong and just does about everything around the place.
I nearly had a heart attack thank god sean came to his senses and voted for trish and can i just say vote of Johnny he is sure a dickhead.

Greg Smith

Juniors
Rupert is a genius, I love going spearfishing, its hard enough with all the gear let alone only a mask and spear! Anyway he won't win his is to dominate which makes him a target. And how stupid are drake for throwing that challenge its shit like that turns games

astrogirl

First Grade
As annoying as dumb arse John is, he is relatively safe from being voted off because no one would see him as a threat!

I'm developing some respect for Andrew from Morgan - he showed a lot of mental strength in the immunity challenge yesterday, as did Krista from Drake.

les norton

First Grade
andrew from morgan is now my fav

he was put on a shit house team but has flourished...he showed what type of person he is, i think he only held on b/c he was still shitty with what jon said when he raided. Thats gold for them when they merge b/c i think rupert would be headless if he knew jon blabbed about throwing the challenge. although he is obvisously no ones fav at the moment any ways

tigermite

Juniors
I'm heaps happy that Rupert stayed... Trish deserved everything she got lol. I can't stand players who want to get rid of the strong people this early in the game... it says alot about their own insecurities in the game.

About Andrew, ever since Rupert 'visited' their tribe for those few days, I've respected him. He seems genuine, a nice bloke, and a good leader. I would love to see the final 2 be him and Rupert... I know I've got pretty much no hope of seeing that, but it would be the 2 most deserving (from what we've seen so far anyway).

Razor

Coach
tigermite said:
About Andrew, ever since Rupert 'visited' their tribe for those few days, I've respected him. He seems genuine, a nice bloke, and a good leader. I would love to see the final 2 be him and Rupert... I know I've got pretty much no hope of seeing that, but it would be the 2 most deserving (from what we've seen so far anyway).

Those 2 and Christa are the most deserving.

The least deserving are Ostin & Jon.

Samwise

Bench
i can't believe people are still seeing osten as a threat, he is the biggest pansy in the world, i've seen 6 year old girls with more balls than him. like last night, he was scared to hell of a pelican thinking it might bite him and he would die. hahhahaha the media are gonna tear him apart when the show ends

astrogirl

First Grade
LOL, I wonder what Osten's workmates now think of him! I can't remember what he does at work, but I'm inclined to think that going on Survivor would have been a career-damaging move for him!

He has shown no leadership, courage or mental strength.

Latest posts