What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-Survivor Pearl Islands

mrford61

Juniors
antonius said:
Well Rupert got shafted, so who'll win it now? Burton has to be the favourite for the Million, What about that Lilo Lill, I have never seen a more miserable looking human being than her, if she smiled her face would fall in two. She Haunts houses at midnight that woman. Wouldn't you just love to wipe that smirk off of Jons face? I must admit I'm pretty p!ssed at Rupert going, he was too trusting as he said. he should've got rid of Jon when he had the chance. To late now. Wonder what they'll be eating for the rest of the show? Sting rays?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Too true about Lil. The epitome of the type of person I have no time for. The whole scouts bullshit, image projecting, holier than thou self centred weakling. Also ate that good food with all the decorum of a warthog.

Jons an idiot but hey, he outsmarted Rupe.

Rupert was just dumb brought on by being too self assured

astrogirl

First Grade
My thoughts are that Rupert wasn't really self assured - at the end of last night's show he was talking about his quest for acceptance, which stemmed from the teasing he got when he was at school. I am not sure that he was as strong on the inside as his exterior led me to be believe.

And this really irks me but I think Jon may be smarter and more devious than I gave him credit for.

Can't wait to see how all this jury stuff unfolds - it's all new to me!

Razor

Coach
The 3 discovered that Jon & Burton were planning to get them off. As soon as they heard that they should have approached T & D to get them with them, and kick off Jon. T & D hate Jon, they'd love for him to go.

You never know the jury + Andrew could get another chance to re-enter the game like the early people voted off.

When it gets to the final 3, there'll be 8 jury members, plus Andrew = 9 people voted off.

Those 9 are split into random groups of 3.

The 4 teams compete. If the 3 still in the game win, nothing changes. If they don't win, then they vote someone off and the outcast team which wins votes someone on from the 3 in their team.

antonius

Coach
mrford61 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Too true about Lil. The epitome of the type of person I have no time for. The whole scouts bullsh*t, image projecting, holier than thou self centred weakling. Also ate that good food with all the decorum of a warthog.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeh you'd invite her round for dinner wouldn't you? : not!! I keep waiting for her false teeth to fall out, I laughed when her and Burton won the challenge and she kissed him full on the lips, I thought he was going to shrivell up like a prune!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I shudder just thinking about it. I think maybe Astrogirl might be right, Rupert mightn't have been as tough on the inside, he was going on about never being accepted etc. I still have to say though he was the reason his original tribe were so far in front of the other mob, right from day 1 when he pinched all the other teams gear in the village, up until the day he got booted, he was the hunter and gatherer. If it were based on that he'd have won hands down.

astrogirl

First Grade
I guess there's a fair bit of risk in being perceived to be the strong as others would be likely to see you as being a threat.

And yeah, Lil is a scary looking woman!

antonius

Coach
Razor said:
The 3 discovered that Jon & Burton were planning to get them off. As soon as they heard that they should have approached T & D to get them with them, and kick off Jon. T & D hate Jon, they'd love for him to go.

You never know the jury + Andrew could get another chance to re-enter the game like the early people voted off.

When it gets to the final 3, there'll be 8 jury members, plus Andrew = 9 people voted off.

Those 9 are split into random groups of 3.

The 4 teams compete. If the 3 still in the game win, nothing changes. If they don't win, then they vote someone off and the outcast team which wins votes someone on from the 3 in their team.

I heard a bit of a story that Jon wins an immunity challenge but gets caught cheating and gets it taken off him. Don't know if they'd bring back the others again, times running out for the show I think, unless they whack another double episode in.

Razor

Coach
antonius said:
I heard a bit of a story that Jon wins an immunity challenge but gets caught cheating and gets it taken off him. Don't know if they'd bring back the others again, times running out for the show I think, unless they whack another double episode in.

The episode airs in the US tomorrow morning our time. Someone gets immunity taken off them. The rumour is Jon because he is such a knob. Also the 'big lie' is also rumoured to be Jon telling his fellow tribemates his mother/father/sister/friend/brother/girlfriend/etc died (telling his tribe, that his visitor told him that)

socksie

Juniors
i havent been following the series religiously but the few episodes i've tuned in to, i have made some judgements about ppl:

jon is the biggest knob on this planet and should go and live with elephants
i loved savage and was upset to see him go last week
lil is a useless piece of meat
rupert was a legend. i'm intrigued to see how the team will survive without him to feed them

I started to turn off rupert lately. I agree, burton looks the goods. Lil is pissing me off, but i still hate that jon loser..

NC

Juniors
Rupert's gone! What a shame. Rupert was my fave and I wanted him to win, but honestly, he started to get on my nerves. I realised in lastnite's episode that he is such a sook!! When he wasn't given that reward challenge, he came back to camp and was sooking and that really annoyed me.

Razor

Coach
NC said:
Rupert's gone! What a shame. Rupert was my fave and I wanted him to win, but honestly, he started to get on my nerves. I realised in lastnite's episode that he is such a sook!! When he wasn't given that reward challenge, he came back to camp and was sooking and that really annoyed me.

He was because he know Burton had planned something else.

If Rupert went with Lil, Lil could have easily spilled the beans. When Burton didn't after he promised Rupert he would, that's when Rupert suspected something. Then it was confirmed. But they didn't know that Lil had turned.

At least we'll see Rupert again in All Star Survivor next year.

NC

Juniors
Razor said:
NC said:

He was because he know Burton had planned something else.

If Rupert went with Lil, Lil could have easily spilled the beans. When Burton didn't after he promised Rupert he would, that's when Rupert suspected something. Then it was confirmed. But they didn't know that Lil had turned.

All Star Survivor?? What's that??

knightsgal85

Juniors
Razor said:

I possessed exactly the same perspective as yourself. I was surprised that after Sandra discovered Burton's and Jon's scheming behind the bush that herself, Christa and Rupert did not undertake more 'investigation' into the alliances that were clearly forming and prevalent. Furthermore, Rupert realised something peculiar was going on after Burton passed on his reward to Jon. The bottomline is that it does not matter which tribe you were originally from, if you adopt the correct mindset, you have to play the game on the basis of probability, and then select the direction you maintain will get you the furthest, and hopefully to the final 2. Rupert should have realised that you can never fully trust anyone in the game, even Lillian, despite the fact that she felt so awful about deceit. You would naturally feel that either Christa or Sandra will be the next to exit the game, which one exactly depending upon whether or not one of them claim immunity.

I was a little disappointed that Rupert left, but obviously we all knew it was just a matter of time, and once the opportunity arised (i.e. he did not win the immunity idol), he was gone like that. From the remaining contestants in the game, I would like to see Burton win overall, but again he 'sort of' falls within the same category as Rupert. He will be perceived as virtually the sole 'strong force' in the game, and I would not be overwhelmed if for some reason he were not to claim immunity in the next few immunity challenges, that new alliances will form, and he will be backstabbed. I cannot see either two of the 'outcasts' in Burton or Lillian breaking their bond. Darrah and Tijuana are another pair that you would not expect would deceive each other, and then there is Christa and Sandra, leaving the 'outcast', Jon.

Well, the next episode will be extremely interesting if Jon does in fact cheat to claim immunity - he must have been desperate. I would not have really expected that he would have been a prime target as yet, as I would have imagined that Christa and Sandra would be the two automatic selections at the next couple of tribal councils. Perhaps they have approached Darrah and Tijuana, to form a new alliance making it 4 against 3, to eliminate Jon, who knows? If that particular alliance did eventuate, and Burton did not win immunity, you would have expected he would have been a prime target ahead of Jon, purely on the basis of physical endurance.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jon leave next. It will be rather interesting to see what will eventuate next week.

Razor

Coach
Christa is screwed if she gets to the final 2. She has pissed everyone off by being two honest at TC. Bad-mouthing everyone except Rupert & Sandra.

She is the least likely to win. She probably won't even beat Jon.

Razor

Coach
knightsgal85 said:
Razor said:

Razor, who else will feature in All Star Survivor? Has all the contestants been finalised as yet?

It hasn't been officially announced who will be on it, but here is who is believed to be on it.

From S1 - Richard Hatch, Susan Hawk, Rudy Boesch, Jenna Lewis
From S2 - Tina Wesson, Jerri Manthey, Colby Donaldson, Amber Brkich,, Alicia Calaway
From S3 - Tom Buchanan, Ethan Zohn, Lex Van den Berghe
From S4 - Kathy O'Brien, Rob Mariano (which we didn't see here)
From S5 - Shi Ann Huang
From S6 - Jenna Morasca, Rob Cesternino
From S7 - Rupert Boneham

Eilsabeth(S2) and Brian(S5) were both asked but declined.

Razor

Coach
NC said:
All Star Survivor?? What's that??

The people's favourites (in Mark Burnetts opinion) Survivors are returning. 18 Surivors, instead of 16. But there were 2 he wanted Elisabeth and Brian who didn't want to come back. Burnett didn't mention who the 2 were, but both of them on their TV shows have said they were the ones.

knightsgal85

Juniors
I cannot view the US preview, as some sort of error is preventing me from accessing it, but it is definitely some techincal difficulty from my side (my computer has been having a bad day today). Do you have to have a particular program installed to view the film? Perhaps that is why nothing displays when I click on the "Play" button.

All I can recall from last night's preview for next week's episode was that Christa sabotages the camp (or something along those lines) and Jon hears some devastating news.

Razor

Coach
knightsgal85 said:
I cannot view the US preview, as some sort of error is preventing me from accessing it, but it is definitely some techincal difficulty from my side (my computer has been having a bad day today). Do you have to have a particular program installed to view the film? Perhaps that is why nothing displays when I click on the "Play" button.

It's a RealMedia file, so you'll need Real Player on your computer.