What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - The energy thread

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I do Body Balance three times a week at the gym and try and get there another 2 for my weights/cardio program but I have to do that at like 6am which is tricky when you have 2 littlies that get u up at all hours.
I too enjoy the food to much and really need to discipline myself so I can lose the 10-15kgs I want.

Charley9

Bench
i go for runs all then time, 'cause i have a dog and i'm only little and he's the size of a shetland pony, so i just put a lead on him and he takes me for runs.

However, i slept unti 11am this morning, which is spinning me out. I've never done that before, and i didn't even have that late a night...wierd.

RABK

Referee
Charley9 said:
i go for runs all then time, 'cause i have a dog and i'm only little and he's the size of a shetland pony, so i just put a lead on him and he takes me for runs.

Might put money on you for the melbourne cup.

Charley9

Bench
ha ha...my dog's a massive wuss, the only reason he'd come first is because he thinks he's running for his life from those horses.:D

Charley9

Bench
I had Veggies and noodles for lunch mmmm

I seriously have to start eating salads, but ihate salads! I mean i love veggies, and i love lettuce but i hate salad....i need a recipe book to try something interesting.

les norton

First Grade
I just had a gourmet lettuce, parmesean and balsamic, mustard, lemon juice honey home made dressing thingy for lunch....soooooooooo good.

(the chocolate dessert was better though...:D)

Charley9

Bench
les norton said:
I just had a gourmet lettuce, parmesean and balsamic, mustard, lemon juice honey home made dressing thingy for lunch....soooooooooo good.

hmmm see now that sounds good!

astrogirl

First Grade
Since I have been eating healthier foods (and smaller servings) again I found an awesome minestrone recipe - it is sooo yum! :D

Charley9

Bench
astrogirl said:
Since I have been eating healthier foods (and smaller servings) again I found an awesome minestrone recipe - it is sooo yum! :D

i have a really great chicken soup recipe! wanna trade??

astrogirl

First Grade
astrogirl said:
Charley9 said:
i have a really great chicken soup recipe! wanna trade??
I forgot to bring my recipe!

But the ingredients are basically:

1T olive oil
2 rashers of bacon, diced
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
some celery, diced
1 potato, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tin tomatoes
3T tomato paste
2-3 cups of beef stock
1 tin borlotti beans
some small pasta

1. Put olive oil in a saucepan. Add the bacon and fry till a bit crispy.

2. Throw in the onion, carrot, celery, potato and garlic. Fry with bacon for a couple of minutes.

3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock and borlotti beans. Bring to the boil. Put a lid on the saucepan and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 40 minutes. Important - don't add salt at this stage as it will make the beans tough.

4. Add some pasta. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and blackpepper if needed.

Then serve :D

I'm pretty sure that's right :D

Charley9

Bench
you beaut! Sounds great i'm gonna make it this weekend after i get paid.

Chicken soup is damn easy!

1 Pair chicken breasts trimmed of any yuck bits.
1 onion
1-2 sticks of cassir cinnammon (not the usual cinnammon, it has to be this one, and it's very important to the recipe)
5 black pepper corn
5 white peppercorns
1 large potato
Handful of rice
Handful of spaghetti
3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
Salt to your taste (i like alot)

boil chicken, salt, onion cinnammon and perppercorns together for about 1hr.
pull out the chicken and break up into tiny pieces return to stock with tomato paste and boil for another half hour, then add cubed potato, rice and spaghetti and cook for another half hour.
take out the cinnammon, and pepper and serve!
this is more of a winter recipe but it's so good, i'll eat it any day of the week and twice on sundays.

astrogirl

First Grade
That sounds so yum! I might struggle with the special cinnamon though, but will try to find it :D

northey

First Grade
i am so sore !!!

lol

i went to the gym again last night... i did a class called THT... bascially it is a mixture of hard core aerobics, which burns fat fast, tones your butt, thighs, tummy and hips. it goes for 1hr, and kills!!! you do squats with weights on your shoulders, then you do another squat, but you only come half way up, then you have to stay at that level, which makes your thighs burn like crazy, then you walk across the room, still in the squat position... everyone looked so funny, but it is so worth it! you also do heaps more like that but with out the weights..

after that class i did 30mins of cardio workout... it wasn't that bad, but when you put the special cardio bike onto level 8 you get so much resistance! it hurts after doing the THT class.

so after the THT class my lower half of my body hurts, and doing the massive weights session on monday my top half of my body hurts... so today is my no gym day..

back at the gym tomorrow to do combat class... my friend is coming with me so we can be partners together lol.... lucky the trainier that does THT is the same one who does combat.. he is so funny... so that is great

oh and i am changing my personal trainer. cause i know more than he does lol.... so i am changing

astrogirl

First Grade
Wow northey, you are doing some serious gym work!

I went to the gym last night but didn't do anything like what you did. I spent 20 min on the elliptical trainer, and 20 min on a treadmill. The machines tell me I burned over 400 cal - yay!

astrogirl

First Grade
It was pretty yukky at mine too!

Tonight is boot camp - hopefully it is not too muggy. Last week was yuk! Muggy and lots of flies. Ew.

Latest posts