What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - The Troy and Mel baby naming thread

John_Travolta

Juniors
LMAO@ 2 posts above also..... :lol: Espoecially loved the part from you mOjO
we've got some ferals renting a house across the road from us. They've got about 127 kids (OK, I think it's more like 4 or 5 with at least one more on the way).
:clap: GOLD

John_Travolta

Juniors
I have a couple names I like I wrote a few down last night off the top of my head:

Boys: Xavier, Bobby, Edward
Girls: Jarnah, Ashleigh, Amy, Victoria

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
John_Travolta said:
I have a couple names I like I wrote a few down last night off the top of my head:

Boys: Xavier, Bobby, Edward
Girls: Jarnah, Ashleigh, Amy, Victoria
Great choice Troy! :lol: (People will probably diss it now! In that case they have ME to answer to!)

I like Xavier the best out of your choices so far. Ashleigh is also a nice name. I wonder if you will need to choose two names. :shock: When will you know for sure if it is twins or not? Can they determine that by a certain time period or what's the go?

Here are my favourite names ... I don't think many people will like the majority of them but oh well ...

Boys - Matt, Seth, Xander, Daniel, Ty, Jake.
Girls - Leisha, Charlize, Valerie, Chloe, Selina, Breanna, Shantara, Rebecca.

Someone once told me that being a school teacher will make you constantly revise your list of potential names for your own children, because some of the names will just remind you of a certain child in your class (if that's their name). I totally understand that now! There are just some names I would not call my kids now.

stevo

Juniors
yeah one of my teachers had that problem, didn't want a name that reminded her of a student or a name the kid could get teased for.

Hey Ames my friend's sons middle name is xander, it means protector of god or something religious like that

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
stevo! I'm glad you have finally got the Net back! :D

I'm not too keen on the religious meaning of Xander, but it is still a cool name. I like names that start with X for some reason.

Johns-All-Day said:
John_Travolta said:
Someone once told me that being a school teacher will make you constantly revise your list of potential names for your own children, because some of the names will just remind you of a certain child in your class (if that's their name). I totally understand that now! There are just some names I would not call my kids now.

Amen to that! As most of you would already know, I am a teacher and there are already a few names that I would never call a kid. Riley is one... I have taught about 6 Rileys (both girls and boys) and without fail every one of them has been a pain in the butt.

Teaching is also a good profession for coming into contact with some 'creatively' named kids. I taught a boy the other day whose name was Waylon Smith... poor bugger. He didn't think much of it when I called him Waylon Smithers either. I have also taught kids named Michael Jackson and Harley Davidson... no joking!

John_Travolta

Juniors
Yeah thats alright if your not an Aussie lebanese-Playa.......... so the answer would be a HUGE NO.....

Yeah Amy lol I thought you`d like those names hahaha especially yours :p but nah we both really like the names "each of us" have come up with but can`t seem to agree on any except for 2.... Jarnah and Xavier.. hehe, i`m sure we will shortly come up with a few more. In fact i`m certain we will.

As for The whole "twins factor"? well.... we only saw one single (viable intra uterine gestation or Bubba :D )....BUT, I`ve read and heard that when viewing during the first Ultrasound (I shouldn`t really be saying this coz Mel is gunna tear me a new A-HOLE for mentioning The T word LOL.....) that it can be hidden behind the one being viewed on the screen during the ultrasound, but unlikely... so yeah.

Troy

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
The_Joey_Show said:
Amen to that! As most of you would already know, I am a teacher and there are already a few names that I would never call a kid. Riley is one... I have taught about 6 Rileys (both girls and boys) and without fail every one of them has been a pain in the butt.

Teaching is also a good profession for coming into contact with some 'creatively' named kids. I taught a boy the other day whose name was Waylon Smith... poor bugger. He didn't think much of it when I called him Waylon Smithers either. I have also taught kids named Michael Jackson and Harley Davidson... no joking!
:lol: Hahaha that's classic! What were their parents thinking?! Or more to the point, why weren't their parents thinking!?

I haven't come into contact with any names of that standard yet. One boy's surname was Lockyer though, and you can guess what my first question was. And yep, Darren Lockyer turned out to be his cousin.

John_Travolta

Juniors
I was told last night that two of mynames I like Mel also likes....

They are officially accepted by her HAHAHAHAHAHA, Jarnah and Xavier :clap: I wonder how long it`ll take to pick an name after we find out the sex of our bubba :D I`m excited :D

Latest posts