What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
The rivalry continues tonight as the Red Wings and Avs meet for the first time this year! They've had a long history of bad blood between them for years, though according to some players on both sides some feel that long standing hatred has diminished, it's still always a brilliant and exciting game when these tow old foes meet! Should be a great game tonight

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Rafs is out for a while due to surgery on his knee, coach babcock is going tobe around for a few more years yet!
Drapes is on IR and Malts is now retired :( and they've got a grand rapid's call up to play tonight because Rafs won't be there against Avs

franklin2323

Immortal
Well, I like the look of Vancouver in the west, the flyers back to back in the east.

Of course I want my Blackhawks to go back to back, but the head says above.

All 3 of those teams should make the playoff's infact it looks very close this year only injury will make difference imo. The NY derby was great damn Islanders won 6-4 Damn them

franklin2323

Immortal
I remember those days! What a time I've got a dvd with a game from that infamous Fight night at the Joe. Haven't watched it but boy it was a great time!

I have that DVD. Federov is still my all time fav although Grosby is fast catching him. As a rangers fan Asiminov is the best player on their roster prob faster then Crosby on the ice but Crosby's puck handling kills him.

Sadly the cap makes it so we can't watch the all star teams like those days although the trade off is all except Kings and Panthers can prob win the Stanley Cup

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
haha, playing NHL09 as keeper, (f**king hard, new apprieciation for their work) anyways...."Asiminov" keeps scoring when I play the Crunch. I am an Ice Hog. (first season)

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I have that DVD. Federov is still my all time fav although Grosby is fast catching him. As a rangers fan Asiminov is the best player on their roster prob faster then Crosby on the ice but Crosby's puck handling kills him.

Sadly the cap makes it so we can't watch the all star teams like those days although the trade off is all except Kings and Panthers can prob win the Stanley Cup

Yeah Federov was pretty damn good back in the day hasn't been the same since then which is a shame, I did miss him for a while but got over that eventually.

I'm such a Sid fan, but not as long as most people, skill set and everything is fantastic, him and Malkin are two I love watching at the Penguins

Anyway, Wings lost out in shootout to Avs 4-5 :( the Kings won' today over Thrasher 3-1

Also the Kings won their game against the Thrashers today 3-1

Games on tomorrow to keep an eye on, Devils play on the road against the Sabres, and the Penguins are going to face the Leafs back at the Consol Energy Centre.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
haha, playing NHL09 as keeper, (f**king hard, new apprieciation for their work) anyways...."Asiminov" keeps scoring when I play the Crunch. I am an Ice Hog. (first season)

I finally received my NHL 11 last Friday and I've been playing it and let me tell you it is such a great game, has stepped up a level with its graphics compared to NHL 10 (and 10 was a big step up to NHL 09), there's been a few additions since, and in game play particular is face offs, it's much harder to win one and they've added some new techniques into it. the Hockey Ultimate league is really good but I haven't explored that section just yet. I love the Be A Pro section. You can also perform some awesome deks in this game if you can get it right, the broken stick feature when it happens. Definitely the better of the three I have, though, song choices for the game are pretty good though I wish I could incorporate the songs from the previous two games into NHL 11 as well.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Oh and just on the Be A Pro section on NHL 09 I've played for the Grand Rapid Griffiths (red wings ahl team), the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins (penguins ahl team). On NHL 10 I've played with the River Rats (hurricanes ahl team) and the Norfol Admirals (lightning ahl team)

franklin2323

Immortal
Hartford not the crunch

Yeah I got all the under 20's from Hartford and put in the Rangers in NHL 2009. He has a made Slapshot which suits my style. I love 1 timers. I bought Crosby and he is a machine at feeding the puck and leaving the 1 timer open

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Yesterday's round up results are:
Devils 1-0 over Sabres
Caps 2-1 over Islanders
Lightning 4-3 over Canadians
Maple Leafs 4-3 over Penguins
Predatprs 3-2 over Blackhawks
Ducks 4-3 over Canucks