What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well just over half way of the season.

Canucks and Flyers looking strong, Sid clearly has lost the "the Kid" tag, he is "the Man".

Was right about them, but gee I was wrong about the oilers and devils, holding up the table they are.

BRF, the red wings look good, and my hawks always look good in third.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
All stars have been picked.

Geez the theam running third overall - the Red Wings only got one player in - seems a bit wrong

87SIDNEY CROSBY
CENTER - PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
19JONATHAN TOEWS
CENTER - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
71EVGENI MALKIN
CENTER - PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
42DAVID BACKES
RIGHT WING - ST. LOUIS BLUES
9MATT DUCHENE
CENTER - COLORADO AVALANCHE
26PATRIK ELIAS
LEFT WING - NEW JERSEY DEVILS
21LOUI ERIKSSON
LEFT WING - DALLAS STARS
28CLAUDE GIROUX
RIGHT WING - PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
83ALES HEMSKY
RIGHT WING - EDMONTON OILERS
12JAROME IGINLA
RIGHT WING - CALGARY FLAMES
88PATRICK KANE
RIGHT WING - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
17RYAN KESLER
CENTER - VANCOUVER CANUCKS
81PHIL KESSEL
RIGHT WING - TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
11ANZE KOPITAR
CENTER - LOS ANGELES KINGS
61RICK NASH
RIGHT WING - COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
8ALEXANDER OVECHKIN
LEFT WING - WASHINGTON CAPITALS
10COREY PERRY
RIGHT WING - ANAHEIM DUCKS
91BRAD RICHARDS
CENTER - DALLAS STARS
22DANIEL SEDIN
LEFT WING - VANCOUVER CANUCKS
33HENRIK SEDIN
CENTER - VANCOUVER CANUCKS
10PATRICK SHARP
LEFT WING - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
26MARTIN ST. LOUIS
RIGHT WING - TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
12ERIC STAAL (C)
CENTER - CAROLINA HURRICANES
91STEVEN STAMKOS
CENTER - TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

DEFENSEMEN
58 KRIS LETANG
DEFENSE - PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
2 DUNCAN KEITH
DEFENSE - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
22DAN BOYLE
DEFENSE - SAN JOSE SHARKS
8BRENT BURNS
DEFENSE - MINNESOTA WILD
33DUSTIN BYFUGLIEN
DEFENSE - ATLANTA THRASHERS
33ZDENO CHARA
DEFENSE - BOSTON BRUINS
39TOBIAS ENSTROM
DEFENSE - ATLANTA THRASHERS
52MIKE GREEN
DEFENSE - WASHINGTON CAPITALS
65ERIK KARLSSON
DEFENSE - OTTAWA SENATORS
5NICKLAS LIDSTROM (C)
DEFENSE - DETROIT RED WINGS
18MARC STAAL
DEFENSE - NEW YORK RANGERS
6SHEA WEBER
DEFENSE - NASHVILLE PREDATORS
GOALKEEPERS
29 MARC-ANDRE FLEURY
GOALIE - PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
1JONAS HILLER
GOALIE - ANAHEIM DUCKS
30HENRIK LUNDQVIST
GOALIE - NEW YORK RANGERS
31CAREY PRICE
GOALIE - MONTREAL CANADIENS
30TIM THOMAS
GOALIE - BOSTON BRUINS
30CAM WARD
GOALIE - CAROLINA HURRICANES

ROOKIES (will only participate in Honda NHL SuperSkills)
39LOGAN COUTURE
CENTER - SAN JOSE SHARKS
63EVGENY DADONOV
RIGHT WING - FLORIDA PANTHERS
14JORDAN EBERLE
RIGHT WING - EDMONTON OILERS
23OLIVER EKMAN-LARSSON
DEFENSE - PHOENIX COYOTES
63TYLER ENNIS
LEFT WING - BUFFALO SABRES
4CAM FOWLER
DEFENSE - ANAHEIM DUCKS
40MICHAEL GRABNER
RIGHT WING - NEW YORK ISLANDERS
4TAYLOR HALL
LEFT WING - EDMONTON OILERS
19TYLER SEGUIN
CENTER - BOSTON BRUINS
8KEVIN SHATTENKIRK
DEFENSE - COLORADO AVALANCHE
53JEFF SKINNER
CENTER - CAROLINA HURRICANES
21DEREK STEPAN
CENTER - NEW YORK RANGERS

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
The 2011 NHL ALl Star teams have been picked today!! Been a good time of fun and games for many players in the draft. All but one Blackhawks is on one side...lol. The Sedins twins have been separated, Penguins due split up too, but all around good stuff!!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Hello all!!!

Seems like we have all disappeared or something! lol. Anyway believe it or not the of late the Devils are making some serious moves over in the East. There is still a question mark on them making the playoffs but they have definitely turned the corner and are winning games at pretty much the right time.

In the West my gut feeling is that the Sharks are going to be making a lot of noise as they did last year to. I'd say they are the team to beat from there.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Today's games saw the Sabres beat Thrashers 4-1, Sens take out Panthers 5-1, Sharks get it in OT over Pens 3-2, Lightning cool off Yotes 8-3, Kings defeat Ducks 3-2, Oilers rock Avs 5-1

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Tomorrow's games see: (home team listed second)

Islanders v Flyers
Stars v Red Wings
Maple Leafs v Canadiens
Blackhakws v Predators
Blues v Canucks
Wild v Kings

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The devils had made quite a run...The oilers, not so good.

Getting tight as always.

But as we all thought Vancouver and The Flyers very strong.

Should be some great finals match ups.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Kovalev dealt to Penguins for conditional pick

www.nhl.com

Ray Shero continued to remodel the forward corps of the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday by adding Alex Kovalev from the Ottawa Senators for a 2011 conditional draft pick. It will be Pittsburgh's seventh-round pick in the 2011 Entry Draft but it can become a sixth-round choice if the Penguins win a playoff series and Kovalev plays in at least 50 percent of the games.

"I'm definitely pretty excited because I've been there before and had some good years," Kovalev said. "It's too bad that I couldn't prove myself as a good player in Ottawa, but I still had a great time here being surrounded by a good organization and a great group of guys on the team. I just feel bad that, like I said, we couldn't do a better job. But at the same time, I'm excited to go to Pittsburgh and play in the playoffs again."

Injuries have decimated the Penguins up front, but earlier this week Shero added power forward James Neal in a deal that sent defenseman Alex Goligoski to Dallas and has now acquired the talented but mercurial Kovalev from the Ottawa Senators.

Kovalev has 14 goals and 27 points in 54 games this season. Six of those goals have come in the past 10 games, and Shero is banking on a move to a contender helping the production of one of the most skilled players in the League.

"Kovalev is a guy, with our team where it is right now with the injuries we've talked about we need to add some skill to our lineup," Shero said. "For the cost in terms of assets we thought it was worth the risk. We're hoping he'll get back to playing some of his better hockey here.

"We're hoping in the short-term here he'll be energized to play here and play for [coach] Dan [Bylsma] and certainly for this city. When I talked to him this afternoon, he was very, very excited about coming back to Pittsburgh."

The right wing, who turns 38 years old today, spent parts of five seasons with the Penguins, and had his most productive season (44 goals, 95 points in 2000-01) with the organization. He had to waive a no-trade clause for the deal to happen, according to reports.

"That's where I had the opportunity really to explore my talent and show what I'm capable of and really become the player that I want to be," Kovalev said. "So that's one the things I'm excited about -- going to Pittsburgh I have the opportunity to be the same player and help the team succeed."

Ottawa moved Kovalev at about the same time it picked up forward Marek Svatos, who was waived Wednesday by Nashville.

The Penguins will be without Evgeni Malkin for the rest of the season because of a knee injury, but could have captain Sidney Crosby back from a concussion. Arron Asham, Nick Johnson and Eric Tangradi are also missing because of concussions.

Other guys currently out include third-leading scorer Chris Kunitz (lower body), and centers Mark Letestu and Dustin Jeffrey (both with knee injuries) -- though Kunitz could be close to returning.

Just as the Penguins might be getting closer to having some of the injured forwards back, the defense corps has taken a big hit. Already missing Paul Martin because of an upper-body injury, Brooks Orpik reportedly will miss significant time after injuring his hand during a 3-2 overtime loss to the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday.

Orpik used his hand to block a shot by Sharks forward Patrick Marleau at Consol Energy Center. Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said he expects Orpik to be back before the end of the regular season, according to reports coming out of Pittsburgh on Thursday.

Orpik is a stay-at-home defenseman with 1 goal and 11 assists in 56 games. He hasn't played less than 70 games in a season since 2006-07.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The playoffs are here

Vancouver V Chicago
San Jose V LA
Detroit V Pheonix
Anaheim V Nashville

Was V NYR
Philly V Buffalo
Boston V Montreal
Pittsburgh V Tampa

Some great match ups there.

jack coburn

Juniors
I want to get a bet on but am in 2 minds who to back.Hit the pens a couple of yrs ago at 33/1 all up into the lakers @3.5,good times.
I truly cant see why vancouver are favs,i dont think they can win it.For some reason i liked boston all yr and the way they played last yr.I also like a couple off roughies so i might pick 4 teams and put them all up into,LA,Miami and SA in the NBA.
I like Boston,Philly,Pitts,Nash,phoenix,All good odds.
[ ]
Anaheim Ducks
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Boston Bruins
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Buffalo Sabres
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chicago Blackhawks
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Detroit Red Wings
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Los Angeles Kings
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Montreal Canadiens
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Nashville Predators
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
New York Rangers
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Philadelphia Flyers
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Phoenix Coyotes
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Pittsburgh Penguins
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
San Jose Sharks
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Tampa Bay Lightning
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Vancouver Canucks
$ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Washington Capitals
$ [ ]
[ ]

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Fox Sports is covering some games thankfully.

The series that is interesting the most is probalby the Blackhawks and Canucks, with the Hawks not really playing to the best of their potential this season and the Canucks looking like the team to beat right now (whoever predicted them to be serious contenders, here, good on you! lol). Also be interesting to see how the Yotes go against my Red Wings this year, considering last year it went to a 7th game and the Wings just got over them (then fell apart against San Jose). The Flyers will definitely want a second bite at the cherry if they make it, Caps have a lot of expectations again.
Penguins could make a move despite not having Sid and Geno. I think, if they can the Pens will try and keep Sid off the rosters depending on how far they go. (much noise will be made aobut it from critics I'd say), but they've been great since losing both players, I'd like to see him feature at some point.

Bruins could also be a bit of a threat.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Just on the Oilers, I read somewhere on the NHl site, fans are reckoning, that while they have a really good group of rookies especially offensively, they need to get better defensively and they are lacking in this department.

What's people opinions on this??

I also find the Islanders are still failing to do much, too much promise but deliver very little.

There was also an interesting article on nhl.com, how an panel reckons the west Conf have the better edge then the East. Food for thought. Though i always favour the West more than the East. Haha

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Canucks take game 1 against Hawks 2-0, Red Wings ease past Yotes 4-2, Caps win 2-1 in OT, Preds get over Ducks 4-1 and Penguins impress in first playoff game at Consol Energy Centre 3-0 on Tampa

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Sharks claimed game 1 over the Kings i OT with a 3-2 victory

Later today will see the Penguins/Lightning face-0ff for game 2, see if the Pens can keep their momentum, or if the Lightning can get over their 1st game jitters and strike back

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Lightning silence Penguins beating them 5-1 to tie the series 1-1, Caps run away with a 2-0 lead after beating Rangers also 2-0, and right now the Blackhawks are trailing 0-1 in their game and DUcks are up 2-0 on Preds

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
The Canucks win it 4-3 and now have a 2-0 series lead as the next two games move to Chicago. Not god Hawks, not good!!! Effectively they have to win at least three games to get in front of the 'Nucks have more of the advantage