What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick Emmett signing

Godz Illa

Coach
Emmett article by MC in the Leader today. Nice headline.

In Bennett we trust for life

BY MICHAEL CARAYANNIS
9/01/2009 4:00:00 AM

NEW Dragons coach Wayne Bennett surrounds himself with people he trusts.

Part of Bennett's entourage at the Dragons includes high performance manager Jeremy Hickmans who spent three years with Bennett at the Broncos, and former Bronco players Neville Costigan, Darius Boyd, Luke Priddis and Wendell Sailor.

While Nick Emmett may not be among the big name recruits for the Dragons, the faith showed by the former Bronco mentor to bring Emmett with him from Brisbane shows he can rely on Emmett, who played 15 NRL games in Brisbane.

``When I had the opportunity to follow Wayne, I jumped at it,'' Emmett, 26, said.

``The best thing going for me is that I have a bit of versatility and wherever there is an opportunity I will be there. Wherever that may be in the centres, wing or even the backrow.''

World Cup commitments saw Bennett at the Dragons after the bulk of players had resumed pre-season training.

Emmett's new teammates saw this as an opportunity to ask him what they should expect from their new mentor.

``The first couple of days training everyone was on their toes but everyone is quite excited about it,'' Emmett said.

``[Bennett] seems very relaxed and happy with what he is doing. That's what I've noticed the most.
``It is a very exciting backline. There is some good young talent and some good young kids coming through.''

http://stgeorge.yourguide.com.au/ne...gue/in-bennett-we-trust-for-life/1402655.aspx