What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NICKO HYNES

mickeylane

Bench
Well it aint us as we had not made a formal contact details ...... ?
im telling you - all roads leading to Milford for 5/8...Hunt/Milford combo resurrected again by Hook...theres a method to Hooks recruiting and familiarity of the player is the common ingredient...almost recruiting to avoid a future dressing room revolt!.

Gareth67

First Grade
The latest Fox’s report no longer even mentions the Dragons , so yet again it appears that it was only wishful thinking on our part .

Now where is possum ? Let’s grab the little mongrel and tar and feather him - that will teach him a lesson for telling porkys on the forum ! :chipmunk:

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
im telling you - all roads leading to Milford for 5/8...Hunt/Milford combo resurrected again by Hook...theres a method to Hooks recruiting and familiarity of the player is the common ingredient...almost recruiting to avoid a future dressing room revolt!.

I'm trying to be patient. I'm trying to trust in the process. I'm finding it difficult. The losing isn't helping admittedly.

A rising star just signed elsewhere. We already have had to deal with Norman. Milford has been dropped for the third time this season and he is, like all our other signings, connected to Griffin.

Signing Milford is bound to go wrong. I hope you are incorrect.

Illusion

Bench
If its true then Hook needs to stop living in the past. ....

mickeylane

Bench
The latest Fox’s report no longer even mentions the Dragons , so yet again it appears that it was only wishful thinking on our part .

Now where is possum ? Let’s grab the little mongrel and tar and feather him - that will teach him a lesson for telling fibs !

RL 2021: Nicho Hynes signs with Cronulla Sharks on 3-year, $1.8m contract
The most in-demand player in the NRL has made a decision on his future, signing a massive deal with the Storm’s modern rival.

Phil Rothfield
Sports Editor-at-Large

The Cronulla Sharks have signed Melbourne Storm utility star Nicho Hynes on a three-year $1.8 million contract, beating four rival clubs for his signature.

Storm, the Broncos, the Raiders and the Warriors were all desperately keen on the 24-year-old who can play in the halves or at fullback and has been in outstanding form for Melbourne.

Hynes broke the news to Storm coach Craig Bellamy and general manager of football Frank Ponissi on Tuesday night after reaching an agreement with the Sharks.

The Daily Telegraph reported 48 hours earlier that incoming Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon has met with Hynes and his father at the Kincumber Hotel on the Central Coast.

The Sharks were so keen to secure Hynes that chairman Steve Mace personally handled the negotiations with the help of club legends Paul Gallen and Luke Lewis.

Last Thursday Hynes and his partner had lunch with Mace, chief executive Dino Mezzatesta, Gallen, Lewis and front-rower Andrew Fifita at the Pines restaurant on the Cronulla beach front.

Nicho Hynes will join the Sharks next year. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty
Fifita was there because his brother is one of Hynes’ closest mates.

It is a huge coup for the Sharks, less than a week after locking down middle forward Toby Rudolf and fullback Will Kennedy on new contracts.

“This is massive for us,” Mace said, “It’s a huge vote of confidence in Fitzy, our whole football operation and the direction we are heading.

“We were always hopeful we’d be in a position to attract good playing with Fitzy on board.

“Nicho is a terrific young fella and it is a credit to Craig Bellamy and Frank Ponessi for developing not just a great footy player but a very humble young man.”

Sharks sources are suggesting Fitzgibbon has signed Hynes to play in the halves.

This means it is highly unlikely both Matt Moylan and Shaun Johnson will remain at the club with Fitzgibbon facing a difficult choice between the pair.

The signing is a huge boost for the Sharks, having recently missed out on Rabbitohs star Adam Reynolds.

It is why Mace stepped in alongside Mezzatesta to handle the negotiations.

“Having Gal and Luke Lewis obviously helps,” Mace said, “No-one tells our story better than those two. They were a really important part of the negotiations.”

mickeylane

Bench
I'm trying to be patient. I'm trying to trust in the process. I'm finding it difficult. The losing isn't helping admittedly.

A rising star just signed elsewhere. We already have had to deal with Norman. Milford has been dropped for the third time this season and he is, like all our other signings, connected to Griffin.

Signing Milford is bound to go wrong. I hope you are incorrect.
work it out, he has to sign a 5/8 unless Sullivan jumps out of the box this year...we need a 1 or else Ramsay would have started this week instead of Dufty...so the clue here is that Ramsay may not end up being the 1..Milford covers both positions as does Mbye if you are thinking this way...both are solid players at best...

redVinme

Juniors
work it out, he has to sign a 5/8 unless Sullivan jumps out of the box this year...we need a 1 or else Ramsay would have started this week instead of Dufty...so the clue here is that Ramsay may not end up being the 1..Milford covers both positions as does Mbye if you are thinking this way...both are solid players at best...

Either would be gross.. And backwards for what we are trying to build. Sloan is the one. Big frame and glides like peachy.

Latest posts