What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NICKO HYNES

getsmarty

Immortal
I agree with you, as much as I hate to say so.

Here's the difference.

You may have paid "overs" for those players, but you got your targets.

Before Mary turned Dugan into the Michelin Man, he was an out and out winner. Played a dozen times for Australia. Moylan and Johnson are gifted players. Shite doesn't work out all the time, and maybe those players NOW seem expensive. At least you were in the battle.

Every time we go to market, the excuse is the same. " We really did not bid for him", or the old "Too expensive". It's a great excuse, but it's wearing thin.

The fact that Hynes, whether a superstar or not, didn't consider us tells you what you need to know.

The fact that we let Cam McInnes leave to secure McCullough is damning.

It was drip fed to us that Dufty was allowed to test the market as we have our sights on someone else. What's the bet its another disgruntled, late 20's / early 30's journeyman.

People can believe what they wish, and dismiss Hynes and co. now, but we are not an attractive destination at the minute as a result of negligence by the board for over a decade.

I usually agree with you @TruSaint ...BUT...Sharks signed McInnes as a Lock...time will tell how that works out...As for letting him go...has been discussed ad nausem in J.A by posters with good intel...McInnes was unlikely to stay...we pulled the pin....100% correct decision....

Mccullough was only bought in after McInnes was injured....so that is a strawman argument....

Add to this,we were never after Hynes (wants to play 6 and we have others earmarked for the position )....Good luck to the sharks for getting him...wasn't on our radar....just the usual wishful thinking/speculation that as has been correctly pointed out by others happens on here 90% of the time....

If we lose tonight , this place will be in meltdown tomorrow....might just return in a few weeks time...

:p:eek::oops:

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
I usually agree with you @TruSaint ...BUT...Sharks signed McInnes as a Lock...time will tell how that works out...As for letting him go...has been discussed ad nausem in J.A by posters with good intel...McInnes was unlikely to stay...we pulled the pin....100% correct decision....

Mccullough was only bought in after McInnes was injured....so that is a strawman argument....

Add to this,we were never after Hynes (wants to play 6 and we have others earmarked for the position )....Good luck to the sharks for getting him...wasn't on our radar....just the usual wishful thinking/speculation that as has been correctly pointed out by others happens on here 90% of the time....

If we lose tonight , this place will be in meltdown tomorrow....might just return in a few weeks time...

Meltdown tomorrow ha ha ha. Try by 930pm!!

TruSaint

Referee

Not worried about tonight mate.
Not worried about a meltdown either.

Just calling it the way I see it.

Gareth67

First Grade
But what is relevant is who is linking us to those players. I do not belive any of them will be at the Dragons however, I think that Burgess would be a good run on prop with Vaughan.

Who - possum old chum , have you been chewing on those bluudy eucalyptus leaves again ? It was you , you were spreading the story that Hynes would be signing with the Dragons .

Next thing you will be saying is that Griffin has signed Mary to take over Duffy’s fullback position .

Perhaps I should not had said that ? 😳

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
Who - possum old chum , have you been chewing on those bluudy eucalyptus leaves again ? It was you , you were spreading the story that Hynes would be signing with the Dragons .

Next thing you will be saying is that Griffin has signed Mary to take over Duffy’s fullback position .

Perhaps I should not had said that ? 😳
Haha poor old Pos is chasing his own tail again!

slippery5

Juniors
When Harry Grant was talked up as the next big thing to Cameron Smith before either of them had played NRL, he & Hynes were the reason why the Sunshine Coast Falcons were minor premiers in Qld Cup. Trust me this Kid looks good not just because he is in the Storm system.
I hope you can trust me now.
I told Nicho his price had gone up $200k after playing stand out performances in those 1st games replacing the injured Paps. He said "I hope so"
What will the highest scoring Dally M player finishing second on the NRL ladder command next contract??$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
PS.
Was fun reading some of the positives & negatives about him outside "Storm" system !!!!!!!!

slippery5

Juniors
1. I'm told he is more likely to stay at Storm.
2. Anyone who had watched Nicho play for the Falcons long before he debuted for the Storm could see he was something special. I'll go as far as saying, while playing in the halves, he was the most multi talented ball player I've seen.
3. I wonder if anyone would choose Hughes/ Paps over what could be the next Lockyer. Time will tell, but I don't recall the same hype over Lockyer after the same amount of starting games.
Ok so I got point 1. wwwwwwwwrong