What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightclub allegations - Bulldogs & Raiders

Digga Hole

Juniors
News ltd would be trying to cover this up if they were AFL players
:tinfoilhatface:

News limited do this to all sports and to people in most walks of life.

There is a thread on this forum, in which you yourself have 717 posts, of similar stories about AFL players that proves News will do it to anyone.

Disgrace to journalism all over the country.

Mr Saab

Referee
Todd Carney....what the f**k is wrong with you. All the talent in the world and you are going to piss it all away (pun intended)

bulldog

Bench
:tinfoilhatface:

News limited do this to all sports and to people in most walks of life.

Take a look at the tone of those articles, the headlines and the aftermath.

Show me a headline that tars the entire AFL with the actions of a few.

There is an undercurrent of viciousness when it comes to the reporting of RL related incidents that is noticably absent in similar stories from the criminal code.

Special K

Coach
Is Carney one of if not the worst behaved player in the NRL?

If he played for a sydney club he would be at julian o'neil status if not worse. The bloke is a total dunce..

That said I would have him at my club.

Bigfella

Coach
The bar's licensee, Pasquali Traino, said there had been a push-and-shove and the players were asked to leave the premises. He said no punches were thrown.

"These guys [making the allegations] are talking up a low tide," Traino said. "I've got no idea what happened outside but the blokes never gave me a problem. It was just an argument between some chick and one of them. We said it was time to go, and there was a push-and-shove, then they left. People are blowing this way out of proportion.

"They came in, ordered pizzas and they were fine. It was just something to do with some broad.

He couldn't have referred to her differently, knowing he was talking to a newspaper?

Tom Ace

Bench
Strumpet always remind me of that classic line from Dumb & Dumber "she'll invite us right in for tea and strumpets"

adamkungl

Immortal
pretty disgraceful reporting on the dogs 'incident'...ffs, a "push and shove" making the paper. But Carney, what a wanker. And he played so freakin awesome against us that day.

sass

Juniors
The difference between the Fairfax and News Limited coverage of this is astounding.

really? astounding?

I could not be less surprised.

also I could not be less surprised at carney. I always knew he was a douchebag.

I'm pretty much a dickhead-whisperer.

_Johnsy

Referee
Canberra dont have the balls to sack him. How long before Carney is playing again, I'd say a month tops.