What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale: Beale Is The Real Deal

Elias1983

Coach
Nightingale: Beale Is The Real Deal

Thursday 1 November 2012 3:01 PM

00050828-leadimage.jpg

St George Illawarra Dragons winger Jason Nightingale is excited to link-up with new teammate Gerard Beale when full-time first-grade pre-season training commences next week.
Beale, 22, is one of five new signings joining the Red-and-Whites ahead of the new campaign and will remain at the Club until at least the end of 2015.

Cutters Duo Join Dragons For 2013

The Logan Brothers junior is predominantly a fullback and recently made his fifth international appearance for New Zealand against Australia last month.
Nightingale, 26, was unavailable for the fixture due to post-season knee surgery but has vouched for his fellow Kiwi teammate.
“Gerard is a great bloke and powerful kind of player who I’ve had the opportunity to tour with a couple of times now,” said Nightingale.
“He is quiet but someone who commits himself on the field and I’m looking forward to getting to train with him when he joins the Club.
“Gerard has played some good football previously with his last Club so he already has the experience and talent under his belt.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Nightingale-Beale-Is-The-Real-Deal/65577

TDK14U

Juniors
I'm married with 2 kids and i certainly like the ladies, however, for some reason Mr Nightingale has a lot of appeal for me. I mean, look at that photo.

is there something wrong with me?

woodley_11

Juniors
Still not sold on Beale. I'm looking forward to see how he goes at fullback, linking up with the other outside backs, under the high ball, his support play etc.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Rate him well, he played really well in the last test against Australia's best and will no doubt be a future asset to the team

Fire

First Grade
Nighty, Morris, Beale will be a cracking back 3. All they need is good ball.

f**ken oath. An international back three again. He's also only a pup at 22. I've got a good feeling about this kid

Prometheus

Juniors
I'm married with 2 kids and i certainly like the ladies, however, for some reason Mr Nightingale has a lot of appeal for me. I mean, look at that photo.

Yes there is.

Cooper and Morris are far more attractive.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
5 new signings?

I count beale, drinkwater and fritzel..

Who else is there?

Godz Illa

Coach

Not at all. Welcome to the club - we have many (erect) members.

Perfect time to play my youtube love letter to Jason

[youtube]89rJgIF7uEw[/youtube]

Kuro

Juniors
Beale will do fine. Some minor work under the high ball but he is a solid fullback solution. Not expecting miracles but at least he's not afraid to run at the line.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If he goes well at fullback what happens to Cummins? I hear alot of great things about this kid same with Quinlan. Quinlan was very impressive last season when Cummins got injured. Saints will have a team of fullbacks.