What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale re-signs with Dragons

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/nightingale-resigns-with-dragons/20080430-29jz.html

St George Illawarra winger Jason Nightingale has agreed to terms with the NRL club for a further three years, until the end of the 2011 season.
The local junior was part of the Dragons' premiership-winning Jersey Flegg team in 2005 and scored a try in his NRL debut against Penrith in round eight last year.
Nightingale, 21, is the club's leading try scorer in 2008 with five tries and is a contender for a Kiwi Test debut for the Centenary clash next Friday.
"I'm very excited to know that I will be staying at the Dragons," said Nightingale.
"As a local junior I grew up watching and admiring the Dragons and have been very happy throughout my time here to date.
"Being off contract at the end of this year wasn't something I was really worried about, I have just been concentrating on playing consistent footy each week, but in saying this, it is nice to know that my immediate future is sorted."
The Dragons also advised of another three-year appointment from 2009, Jeremy Hickman the current performance director at Brisbane will follow Wayne Bennett down to Wollongong and head up the sport science team from next season.
Hickman, a former Hull KR player currently in his third season with the Broncos, was lured by the opportunity to create a new sports science program at the Dragons.
"The opportunity at the Dragons allows for me to control and develop a new program and build upon what is already in place at the club," said Hickman.
"This is a professional opportunity about which I am very excited."

I think this is great news for the Dragons - if Nightingale was an Aussie, he'd have his first rep jersey this Friday night for sure. Well done Jason and the Dragons.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Good. Goooood.

star_wideweb__430x280.jpg

petetheileet

First Grade
too right, great signing....

is it just me or does it seem things are slowly starting to turn in our favour???

Syren

Juniors
Best a bit of news I have heard since Bennett committed to us. Now c'mon Baz, dont be a greedy bastard, hop on board, we all love u!

shredda84

Juniors
well done to nightingale for earning his contract,hes been one of the most consistant performers for us all yeah and appears to have alot of passion for the club.

Godz Illa

Coach
Awesome news. Has followed up an outstanding debut season by being our most consistent player this year by far. He's a keeper no doubt. Good stuff Saints.

Will probably get some well-deserved icing on the cake by being named in the Kiwi Test team too.

Jeff1691

Juniors
excellent news. great performance so far this year. i am glad he is on board for a few more years.

_Johnsy

Referee
Source, red V email newsletter, I'm sure it would be on the drags website. Excellent news for the drags.

St George Illawarra winger and local junior Jason Nightingale has today agreed to terms with the Club for a further three years, until the end of the 2011 season.
The Renown United junior was part of the Dragons Premiership winning Jersey Flegg team in 2005 and scored a try in his NRL debut against the Panthers in round eight of last year at OKI Jubilee Stadium.
Nightingale, 21, is the Club's leading try scorer in 2008 (5) and has played a total of 23 NRL games to date, scored 12 tries and is very pleased to be staying at the Dragons.
“I'm very excited to know that I will be staying at the Dragons,” said Nightingale. “As a local junior I grew up watching and admiring the Dragons and have been very happy throughout my time here to date.
“Being off contract at the end of this year wasn't something I was really worried about, I have just been concentrating on playing consistent footy each week, but in saying this, it is nice to know that my immediate future is sorted”.
“I have learned so much in my short time in the top grade and am very grateful to Steve Price and Nathan Brown for giving me the opportunity,” added Nightingale. “I'm also looking forward to playing under Wayne Bennett from next season but 2008 is my priority at this point”.
Dragons Chief Executive Officer Peter Doust praised the efforts of Nightingale and said he was pleased that the arrangements with the Club have been finalised.
“As we've said before we have had many talented junior's come through the ranks and Jason is another,” Doust said. “After making his debut last year he has been a consistent performer in the NRL and we are looking forward to seeing his career develop further with the Dragons.”
The Dragons today also advised of another three year appointment from 2009, Jeremy Hickman the current Performance Director at the Brisbane Broncos will head Wayne Bennett's sport science team from next season.
Hickman, a former Hull KR player currently in his third season with the Broncos was lured by the opportunity to create a new sports science program at the Dragons.
“The opportunity at the Dragons allows for me to control and develop a new program and build upon what is already in place at the Club,” said Hickman. “This is a professional opportunity about which I am very excited,” said Hickman.

_Johnsy

Referee
great news, now we need baz do the right thing, or will he show himself to be a money hungry bastard and lurk in the swampy inbred infested shire?

Fantastic news for a bullcrap type of day..

:crazy:

That's a key signing for our future..

We he replace Hornby when he retires ?

He is smart and can jump....

Dragooner

Bench
Also named in the Kiwi test side. I stuck with him all the way through. 90% of Dragons supporters wanted him out and wanted J and B Moz to be the wingers but I have not once said that they were better than him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
90% of Dragons supporters wanted him out and wanted J and B Moz to be the wingers but I have not once said that they were better than him.
What? lol. Don't you mean 90% wanted him in?

Nightingale has been hugely popular for some time now.