What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale re-signs with Dragons

Syren

Juniors
Bloody good signing, and yes he is in the Kiwi's squad, born over here in NZ I think or is his mum a Kiwi??

Good move too, NSW selectors like the flashy type of players like Hayne, so Nightingale has a tough competition to crack the Origin team. NZ is smart enough to jump on him.

Top stuff with Nightingale on board. Easily our best and most consistant this year.

Should keep kicking to him cos he has got some serious hops with good, safe hands that his not worried about getting dirty.

God bless him and his antique boots. When he climbs over those less-committed wingers and full-backs, trampling all over them with his shiny black Bata Scouts, well, it's kept me watching this year.

It begins...

Slackboy72

Coach
I would say 90% wanted all three a couple of years ago.
Do we know anything else about Jeremy Hickman?

W.Smith

Juniors
Great signing by the Drags and fully deserved has been xcellently consistent since his debut

watatank

Coach
I would say 90% wanted all three a couple of years ago.
Do we know anything else about Jeremy Hickman?

I don't know about that tbh, I never heard too much talk about Nightingale before his debut. It was all about the Morris twins and no one seemed to know/care that Nightingale re-signed a one year contract towards the end of last year. Now he's our first choice winger and fans love him.

Syren

Juniors
I don't know about that tbh, I never heard too much talk about Nightingale before his debut. It was all about the Morris twins and no one seemed to know/care that Nightingale re-signed a one year contract towards the end of last year. Now he's our first choice winger and fans love him.

We all love Florence.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't know about that tbh, I never heard too much talk about Nightingale before his debut.
I took notice of him in the olden days when we had all our lower grades. He played a lot of fullback and was definitely a standout.

The only concern, I recall, was that he got a bit heated once or twice when things didn't go his way. I bit of misdirected passion, we hoped. But since coming into first grade he has definitely matured in every sense of the word.

Godz Illa

Coach
But since coming into first grade he has definitely matured in every sense of the word.
One of the coolest customers I've seen on a footy field. Even when he scores his only celebration is a knowing smile. The dead-ball kickoff on Anzac Day was another example... positioned himself, leaned way down, took it comfortably, and casually jogged back to the 20m restart with no fanfare. A classy player.

God-King Dean

Immortal
One of the coolest customers I've seen on a footy field. Even when he scores his only celebration is a knowing smile. The dead-ball kickoff on Anzac Day was another example... positioned himself, leaned way down, took it comfortably, and casually jogged back to the 20m restart with no fanfare. A classy player.

50m penalty :cool:

God-King Dean

Immortal
His strength has to be commended. Always gets down low, & I don't remember him being dominated in a tackle.

Fav moment was last year against Parra. Couple of minutes to go & Parra were on the comeback. Their winger charged at him & he got him with a text book tackle (so good it turned into a dangerous tackle). They got the penalty, but it really stopped the momentum they were building.

Glad we kept him based on performance, rather then letting him go for potentially good players in the Morris'.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Good resigning. Is he a Kiwi or is that just a rumour?

Sydney born with Kiwi parents, as well as spending a fair bit of his childhood over here on holidays with family and suchlike. I can't wait to see him in the black and white - I'm a huge fan of his, and have been since his debut.

The Preacher

First Grade
Sydney born with Kiwi parents, as well as spending a fair bit of his childhood over here on holidays with family and suchlike. I can't wait to see him in the black and white - I'm a huge fan of his, and have been since his debut.

You said he was a good signing, now you want him to go to the Magpies!!!

What gives _psa??? ;-)

The Preacher

First Grade
I don't know, though they'd probably beat the Kiwi's by as many as Western Suburbs would anyway!!! ;-)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
To show how good he is he had a huge task in keeping the Both Morris's out of the side for which he achieved. Everyone assumed they would be the wingers when they came up to 1st Grade. That was until Florence waved his magic.

He has by far been our best player in 2008 and I am sure he will continue to be.