What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale re-signs with Dragons

Simo

First Grade
Having never heard the bloke speak but been impressed with his footy, I was wondering a bit on his background.

He said he wants to play for NZ, is he a real Kiwi or one of those 'I cant make it for the Aussies but I once knew a bloke in NZ so I will play for them' type Kiwis?

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
I didn't see much of Nightingale in the lower grades but i liked him since i saw his debut i think might have been against Melbourne and glad to see he re-signed.

Slackboy72

Coach
Having never heard the bloke speak but been impressed with his footy, I was wondering a bit on his background.

He said he wants to play for NZ, is he a real Kiwi or one of those 'I cant make it for the Aussies but I once knew a bloke in NZ so I will play for them' type Kiwis?

Both his parents are from NZ. He indicated a long time ago that he considered himself a NZer.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm glad to hear that tbh. Can't stand it when players play for NZ, when it's their grandmother or some crap that was 1/16th NZ.

Simo

First Grade
I'm glad to hear that tbh. Can't stand it when players play for NZ, when it's their grandmother or some crap that was 1/16th NZ.

Me too, Im equally annoyed at NZ's that play for Aus (mainly so they can play origin I guess)

Nugby

Juniors
I recall him being undecided last year; think his background is Australian Born to Kiwi parents, spent about three years in New Zealand from about age Ten and then came back. Got the impression that he'd end up a Kiwi as they'd be the first to show interest in him of the two nations but it's good to see him getting a rep jersey either way. Does this mean he's stolen Stanley's Kiwi wing spot though?

Laughed at the hothead comment, I remember the Flegg semi against Manly when he and the Manly 5/8 both ran for a Manly chip kick and he managed to knock the guy out in the collision (went to judiciary and ruled accidental). I knew with an attitude like that I'd never want him to leave.