What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine stands down Phil Gould

gregstar

Referee
its fine for gould to ask difficult questions but if he carries on like a prat (which he ahs the propensity to do) then i can udnerstand gallop not wanting to appear and not having to cop sh*t from gould.

if you rememebr back in 95 (96?) with john ribot on the footy show trying to expalin superleague and hadley just didnt shut up th whole time and turned it into a farce.

i dont want to ehar the same sh*t prattling out of either gallops or goulds mouth and a slanging match would not be productive. Andrew Voss and Peter Sterlinga re just as sharp and i'd be happy to see them on instead of gould cos at elast they'll let gellop talk
if the lawyer is concerned about gould's behavior, surely he need only grow a pair & use the language skills all lawyers supposedly possess?

surely, a simple.."sorry phil. i don't respond to rudeness or provocative, emotive grandstanding, when simple clear-headed decision making is required." would pass muster?

gallop & the nrl are more concerned with news ltd & media outlets.

smeghead

Bench
I hope that from this Michael Searle or someone of a similar intellect and forthright attitude is given the Gallop interview. After Gus's self serving rant I did not intend to watch it if he was on.

If Gould had half a brain in his head he would have actually just used MMM last night to feel Gallop out and guage his willingness on certain issues before actually asking the tough questions. But instead he went on a self serving tyrade and has done himself, 9 and the game in general a great disservice

bartman

Immortal
I'm not a big Gould fan, I think half of his ideas are half-baked, especially his insistence that raising the salary cap is for the good of the game. I heartily disagree.

If thursday night was going to just be a repeat of Gould speaking over the top of Gallop, trying to look like he's the smartest because just he's got the loudest voice, then I'm glad he's been hooked.

It's good to have a range of views on rugby league represented on the shows, but if someone acts like a sanctimonious dickhead (like Gould has apparently done on radio), then I won't be upset he's not there.

MattJ

Juniors
Geez, thats so infuriating.
Im not a Gould fan, but respect his honesty and love for the game.
The one person who would have taken a hard-line approach and pro-actively argued against Gallop is removed to make it a pleasent chat style interview.
Cant wait to hear Cheif ask Gallop about how any of the happenings in the last few weeks will affect Newcastle?

bartman

Immortal
If Gould had half a brain in his head he would have actually just used MMM last night to feel Gallop out and guage his willingness on certain issues before actually asking the tough questions. But instead he went on a self serving tyrade and has done himself, 9 and the game in general a great disservice
Good point. He's not too smart Gus. He could have come out of this looking even better after Thursday night, and feeling even more self important, if only he hadn't gone off half-cocked too early... :crazy:

Tom Ace

Bench
Well thanks just f**ked the footy show on Thursday night.

Look forward to weak as piss questions and mutual c*#k sucking all around I guess.

Channel 9 have just lost a good portion of their ratings with that decision.

On another note. How cowardly must Gallop be to essentially whinge to channel 9 that he won't appear if the big bad bully Gould is going to be there because he can't handle the heat being put on.

What a pitiful excuse for a man.

smeghead

Bench
Good point. He's not too smart Gus. He could have come out of this looking even better after Thursday night, and feeling even more self important, if only he hadn't gone off half-cocked too early... :crazy:
And in the process drastically reduced the exposure of anything he had to say by blowing it on a relativley low rating radio show

The Tank

Bench
Whether you're a fan of Gould or not, a boycott of Nine should be on the cards for Thursday night by all and sundry. If great lengths are being taken to silence the voices that represent the greater good of the game, then we should all vote with the remote and switch them off.

People are doing that anyway

brooksy19

Bench
We may as well be living in China or North Korea.

This stinks to high heaven.

Cannot wait for Phil to unload in Sunday's paper, let it all out Phil. Give it to nine, gallop, telecrap and the NRL

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
What a joke channel nine are a pack of pansies and Gallop should wear a dress as he is a girl with no balls and is doing his best to destroy the greatest game of all. Phill Gould should be running the comp over a goose like Gallop.

I'll bet the girl Gallop rang channel nine and said if that big brute Phil Gould is going head to head with me on Thursday night on the Footy Show im not coming on the show. I'll stay at home doing my knitting.:crazy:

SHAME CHANNEL NINE SHAME

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm not a big Gould fan, I think half of his ideas are half-baked, especially his insistence that raising the salary cap is for the good of the game. I heartily disagree.

If thursday night was going to just be a repeat of Gould speaking over the top of Gallop, trying to look like he's the smartest because just he's got the loudest voice, then I'm glad he's been hooked.

It's good to have a range of views on rugby league represented on the shows, but if someone acts like a sanctimonious dickhead (like Gould has apparently done on radio), then I won't be upset he's not there.

I agree to a fair extent. Gould can tend to hijack a show like this and it just ends up a bullying rant. Gallop needs to be asked some tough questions, but i'm sure there's someone else on the panel who can fill this role without being over the top like Gus can be.

I believe Gallop is going to be more willing to answer questions if he's actually allowed to discuss issues and give proper answers, as opposed to just going on there and being critcized. And let's face it, that's what was going to happen if Gus went on there and talked down to him.

It's just a matter of someone else having the guts to ask him some tough questions. I'm not sure who's going to be on the show on Thursday, but Sterlo can quite easily have his say and get some answers, as could one of the CEOs if there are any on there.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Gould is upset by the lifetime ban to sonny bill. Probably as he was hoping Sonny would be at Bondi in 2 years.

Latest posts