What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine stands down Phil Gould

griff

Bench
I'm usually a Gould fan but all he did the other night was act like a c**k.

I'm glad he isn't on to be honest. We need to ask Gallop some hard hitting questions, but we can do it in a civil way. Maybe Vossy can do it?

Shorty

Staff member
Hmm..should I listen to this?
Is nine doing the right thing here? Surely they could have just had a word to Gould?

Once Dead

Bench
Told you it wasn't the way for Gould to go about it...........still, a pretty lame way to escape the scrutiny of true league minds though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't know who is more gutless, ch 9 or that Weed Gallop. No wonder RL is dying, cretins are running our game.

alexc

Absolutely ridiculous. Gould gave it to him hard out and they were valid points. Sick of gallop... whenever someone questions what we are doing with league, where is it going this is what he says

"bla bla bla gold coast expansion bla bla under 20s bla bla controlled expansion bla bla monday night football"

Standing Gould down is one of the more sensible decisions Channel 9 have made of late.

He spoke to David Gallop like he was a piece of sh*t.

If Gould wants respect as a media interviewer he has to learn to give the person he is interviewing respect no matter how much he disagrees with or dislikes the person he is interviewing.

Criminals get interrogated and harrassed not the CEO of the NRL.

Personally I'm surprised Gallop let the interview proceed to it's conclusion.

We may now get some decent debate and discussion on Thursday night instead of an agenda based Gould hijacking the debate for his selfish reasons and trying to be the star of the night.

I hope this is the catalyst for the end of Gould's media career.

His use by date was 10 years ago.

Last edited:

Raging Rabbit

juniors
I fail to see what's different.

Gould's a merkin, the NRL are merkins and Channel 9 are merkins.

Business as usual.

Monk

Referee
lol, i saw this coming ever since gus stopped coming on TSR.
dont really care about it, i just want RL to survive.

bartman

Immortal
I believe Gallop is going to be more willing to answer questions if he's actually allowed to discuss issues and give proper answers, as opposed to just going on there and being critcized. And let's face it, that's what was going to happen if Gus went on there and talked down to him.
I agree. Gould has gone and acted like an idiot, so his main employers have just decided to treat him like the class clown he is, and stand him in the corner. It would have just been all Gould raving and not letting anyone get a word in edgeways.

It's just a matter of someone else having the guts to ask him some tough questions. I'm not sure who's going to be on the show on Thursday, but Sterlo can quite easily have his say and get some answers, as could one of the CEOs if there are any on there.
Sterlo would be an excellent choice to front that section of the show. He's been absent from the usual footy show stuff for a while, and can come in clean and be credible asking the hard questions. He would also give Gallop a chance to answer, which is what (most) people want to hear, if they tune in.

Gould should be giving himself upper cuts.

Eels Dude

Coach
Standing Gould down is one of the more sensible decisions Channel 9 have made of late.

He spoke to David Gallop like he was a piece of sh*t.

If Gould wants respect as a media interviewer he has to learn to give the person he is interviewing respect no matter how much he disagrees with or dislikes the person he is interviewing.

Criminals get interrogated and harrassed not the CEO of the NRL.

Personally I'm surprised Gallop let the interview proceed to it's conclusion.

We may now get some decent debate and discussion on Thursday night instead of an agenda based Gould hijacking the debate for his selfish reasons and trying to be the star of the night.

I hope this is the catalyst for the end of Gould's media career.

Very well thought out post. I don't necessarily agree it should be the end of his media career, but he has to learn how to talk to and talk about people sometimes. I think we've a better chance of seeing some answers from Gallop if he's spoken too correctly and given the right to discuss his points and issues properly. As opposed to Gould just ambushing and bullying him.

This isn't talkback radio, where someone wants to have their say, but is dismissed without being able to express their point.

[/QUOTE]

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
lol, i saw this coming ever since gus stopped coming on TSR.
dont really care about it, i just want RL to survive.

The likes of Phil Gould need to be heard if the game is to survive.

Who is going to ask the tough questions? Paul Harrigon, Raging Rabbit?