What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines

Since 73

First Grade
The 16 clubs will all vote to do away with the Allstars game tomorrow,

Instead we'll see the nines tournament next Feb.

Prize money is 2.2 mill. More than winning the comp.

Crazy - for a pre season comp.

Clubs will go all out and start planning to win this. The money demands it.

Who's the fastest and cheapest guy off contract?
Some lower grader who is lightning?

Sign him for 75K and put him on the wing.
A 2.2 M payday would mean it's a wise investment.

What's our best 9's team?

This wont be like the old sevens tries everywhere, they did nines in Super League.

Fifita will be stand out in this less players on field he will cause havoc and is quick

Special K

Coach
Depends if we put a full strength team in or do a mix of kids like we did with the sevens back in like 05 or 04 whenever it was.

At full strength with this current roster

1. Gordon 2. Gardner 3. Stapleton 4. Lewis 5. Carney 7. De Gois 8. Fifita 9. Graham. If Gards and stapo are not here next year bring in Feki and Ayshford

We would be a shoe in if we still had Kelly and that Fijian bloke. Lewis, Graham, Fifita, Gordon and Carney should tear it up.

Since 73

First Grade
It wont be a touch football throw it around like the 7's. The prize money means it must be taken seriously.

Plus 9- a-side means not as much open park...but still enough for a bloke like ben Barba to score a motza of tries.

newman

First Grade
I like the idea much more than the all stars (black kids v white kids, how did they get away with this?). It's another trophy to win, should be exciting, but our style of footy is no good for this.

jc155776

Coach
Nines will be great.

Fifi would kill it due to his size and speed. Would be an interesting first tourney seeing what teams do.

Penrose11

Juniors
Pretty sure I read over weekend thst it's been agreed no NRL worldcup players will play Nines due to needing enough of a break. Fafita would be n Aussie squad on current form n if not Tonga/Samoa etc will come knocking (unsure of background though).

We wont have Shaun Johnson, Locke Vatuvai Hurrell actually probably 3/4 of our top 13 won't be available. Will probably have to field our U20's and for $2.2 mil at that. Would be a nice payday for any team that won it.

Penrose11

Juniors
Dean Lonagan (ex raiders n kiwis) is stumping up the cash. Obviously sees a market to make a dollar. Tv rights, sponsors etc. He runs our Fight for Life ovet here in does pretty well out of it by all accounts. He does put on a good show though do would expect Nines to be top notch

shaggs

Coach
Sounds like a good concept, just hope it's aired on fta tv.

Hat won't happen. Need to make some of the investment back. Will be sold to the highest bidder and the home of rugby league ain't got much.

Lonegans company will pay for flights and accom for all players and staff too. It's a big outlay without the prize money.

Quigs

Immortal
You know something. I have never sat down and watched a 20 -20 game of cricket.

To me it is just a concept made to make a quick buck and has in my opinion spoiled the game.

If the league is serious about bringing in 9 a side preseason comp, you know something. I wont be sitting down and watching a game of that either.

Farkkkk it. If I wanted to watch touch footy I'd get interested in the Hong Kong 7's.

There is a very strong agendah to reduce the number of players in a side. Gee that would make exciting TV.

spider

Coach
nines means we have more games of footy to watch

winner.

the prize money on offer will ensure we don't see another all stars game

taipan

Referee
I like the concept.
I like the idea we are flogging it in union territory :NZ
I like the cash input.
I like the idea,the Sharks may win something.
I like the idea there will be a form of rugby league in the offseason so,we don't have to read about what Lon Shady and the midgets are doing in the golden west.

Special K

Coach
I think any playing style we have with 13 players will go out the window with 9 players on the field.

Carney, Gordon, Graham will have a lot of fun with the room and if we could still use Lewis, Gal and Fifita we could actually win it. We have a great "top 9".

snoozer

Bench
league has 13 blokes on the paddock.

anything else is not league and should be viewed with suspicion if at all.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
f**k the nines.

Bring back the Endeavour Cup and let us make the money.

Invitation to get injured.

Quigs

Immortal
Ummmm yeah the endeavour cup. What a beauty.

Who won the last endeavour cup by the way.

Latest posts