What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines

nrlnrl

First Grade
Yes it's just a Nines tournament, but a lot of the players didn't seem to have their heart in it. They looked the slowest team in the comp, too much jersey grabbing in defence & clueless in attack. Apart from all that, we have a lot to look forward to.

As others have mentioned, what have they been doing in the off season ? - they looked so unfit.

Dylan Farrell should not be picked in the centres. I had doubts about his defence, but Charly Runciman is a much better all round player. I hope Beale can make a successful comeback from his knee injury, because we badly need some players who can take on the defence & beat them. Throw in Widdop & of course Josh Dugan, because Sam Williams didn't seem keen to run himself.

I hope re-signing players like DeBelin & Ah Mau doesn't mean they'll play like they did today & show no mongrel because they have a comfy contract. Someone had to mention the m word...

saint.nick

Coach
Preseason, where have u been, these been countless crap on dragons tv, etc about "toughest pre season ever".

Wonder how memberships will go after this....

Who the f*** watches dragons tv anyway? They invented something called premier league to entertain us in the off-season.

Twenty10

Juniors
I agree that Farrell is unimpressive. I think charlie will probably get the nod over him.

Ahhhh anyway, we should be used to this by now.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
This has reinforced the issue we will face this year.. We lack speed and and we have absolutely no strike in the centres. Our forwards still seem to be clones of each other with very lite flair and skill being displayed. Most worrying majority of the players just looked unfit.

AGREED! Comes down to coaching and recruitment... Price has been riding the excuse of injuries and it's not his squad... He now has NO excuse has his so called team and we still look boring and limited, doubt he make round 10!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I agree that Farrell is unimpressive. I think charlie will probably get the nod over him.

Ahhhh anyway, we should be used to this by now.

You'd think so...but stupid me keeps buying a season ticket expecting something better each year

God-King Dean

Immortal
Saintsified, please stop making new threads on the subject.

This is the 3rd one I've moved here. We only need one.

matPORTS

Juniors
So what have we learnt today?

Success in Nines footy is all about coming out of the blocks fast and not giving your opposition a chance to go with you. We certainly didn't go with our opposition in either game today. However, I have some serious concerns about our level of fitness at the moment. Merrin looks like he's packed on some extra beef, as do a couple of the other forwards.

"Dragons Footy" is still heavily in existence. Zero cohesion in attack. Even with the extra space afforded, our main attacking play on the last is still a kick on a five cent piece out to the winger (good to see that both Witt and Williams are capable of doing this however). Constantly on the back foot in defense as well.

Suggest we all pray every night between now and the Charity Shield/start of the regular season that the addition of Gareth Widdop is going to show some much needed direction and structure to our attacking play. At the moment we look totally rudder-less.

We can spin which ever way we want, but the fact remains now that we're likely to walk away with nothing from this tournament. We've seen the 15 teams have a run today as well, and we're in the spotlight already due to our poor form. This puts the coaching staff and back office under huge pressure already. Not what we need barely weeks out from the season proper, and on the back of a poor last two years.

It's only early days, but certainly a worry at this point in time. Like others have mentioned in a weeks time we will get a real indication.

inside_pass

Bench
Will be a great membership peak the day they give Price the ass!
I know so many Dragons supporters that haven't renewed their memberships until he is gone.
The muppet has no idea at all!!!!

Collateral

Coach
$10 at sportsbet, it'll be $5 before I have a chance to put down any cash, lol

Might go put a lazy $20 on it. However, when price goes around round 6, we will obviously get a new coach so it becomes a bit murky. Teams typically respond well to change over the short term.

watatank

Coach
Might go put a lazy $20 on it. However, when price goes around round 6, we will obviously get a new coach so it becomes a bit murky. Teams typically respond well to change over the short term.

They won't "respond" until about two rounds to go, by the time that happens we will already be 6 premiership points behind