What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No.1 Punk Band

Number 1 Punk Band

• Blink 182

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Offspring

• Greenday

• Good Charlotte

• Total voters

weasel

First Grade
Of the four it's Greenday then a long gap. And then a toss of the coin between Offspring and Blink 182. Good Charlotte? :lol:

Paullyboy

Coach
None of those bands are even punk, they are simply pop bands who pretend to be punk.

Suicidal Tendencies and Toe to Toe are my picks for best punk band.

ParraMatt

Bench
Mate, Dont have the big "they are not punk, there pop punk teenybopper shit" cos mate, Ill argue with you all day.

Those bands class themselves as punk therefor they are punk bands. Punk doesnt need a classification to be entered. Its simply what they consider themselves. Pop is bloody britney spears and holly valance. Trust me those 4 bands arent. Especially Offspring and Greenday. They are 2 of the most respected Punk Bands ever, And same with Blink too. Good Charlotte are a bit Teenybopper but are still New School Punk.

weasel

First Grade
And also Paullyboy remember there was no pop punk before those bands became big (excluding Good Charlotte) infact it was bands such as them and others becoming mainstream, after humble punk inspired beginnings, that lead to their style of music being classified 'pop'. Good Charlotte I won't defend but if the other three started out playing punk then they're punk bands.

ParraMatt

Bench
weasel said:
And also Paullyboy remember there was no pop punk before those bands became big (excluding Good Charlotte) infact it was bands such as them and others becoming mainstream, after humble punk inspired beginnings, that lead to their style of music being classified 'pop'. Good Charlotte I won't defend but if the other three started out playing punk then they're punk bands.

Too Right, Also Sex Pistols, Get Up Kids, The Clash and so forth, All Old School punk with the likes of Offspring, Blink and greenday

legallyblonde

Juniors
out of those four i would say blink.

by the way, does anyone know the females voice at the end of 'violence' ? Not sure if its anyone famous, kind of sounds famlilar.

not sure if theres any mxpx fans on here...anyone going to see them?

roofromoz

First Grade
Can't split between The Offspring and Greenday. Both great bands... I like the new Offspring song (Hit It) - very funkay!

ParraMatt

Bench
legallyblonde said:
out of those four i would say blink.

by the way, does anyone know the females voice at the end of 'violence' ? Not sure if its anyone famous, kind of sounds famlilar.

not sure if theres any mxpx fans on here...anyone going to see them?

Im going to MXPX. Sydney one, Might see u there

Anonymous

Juniors
The Offspring for sure, of these modern day punk-rockers. Nothing beats their pre-Americana releases... Smash is one of the great all time CDs IMO.

The Clash were awesome too, but they ain't on the list.

half

Coach
geez dude lay off the eye rolls

they're like tampons - only intended for use by moody girls

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I reckon the best punk band is the Corrs. :lol:

Jono Russell

Bench
all 4 of those band are bloody awsome, have seen them all live gc only once and the other 3 i have seen 3 times each.

the best live would be greenday they just go off live.

but the best overall i would choose blink 182 ovcourse.

offspring are also awsome band cant say i really liked conspiricy of one album lets hope there new one is great but i loved ixnay on the hombre it is the best album same with there first self titled album.

Latest posts