What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No.1 Rock Band

Number 1 Rock Band

• Ozzy Osbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Floyd

• Guns N Roses

• The Rolling Stones

• Metallica

• Nirvana

• Silverchair

• Total voters

Quint

Juniors
El Garbo said:
Further to the greatness of Led Zep... how many bands can boast a CD so perfect as Led Zeppelin IV? Every song on that CD is an absolute rock masterpiece.

Metallica - Master Of Puppets......Need I say more?????

Moffo

Referee
Peral Jam definitely

People who like heavy, heavy metal and don't appreciate rock are dickheads in my opinion. As in reality, heavy metal is an extension of rock, and many people in heavy metal bands grew up listening to rock, and as a consquence, being influenced by them

Cheers,
Moffo

Anonymous

Juniors
Metallica - Master Of Puppets......Need I say more?????

Fair call. Maybe not as many instant classics as IV, but certainly an album up there with the best. Battery followed by Master of Puppets... can't think of a better way to begin a CD.

And anyway, I said Metallica were second best.. go easy! :D

Jedda

Juniors
DaleyIsGod said:
Def Leppard is my all time fav rock band.

Out of that list GnR & Zeppelin followed by Pink Floyd.

I'm with you on Def Leppard, how come they didn't make the list :cry:

I voted GnR although I do like Metallica, Pink Floyd and Nirvana. Not overly fussed on Pearl Jam anymore although I do have Ten lost in the midst of my CD collection.

Moffo said:
Peral Jam definitely

People who like heavy, heavy metal and don't appreciate rock are dickheads in my opinion. As in reality, heavy metal is an extension of rock, and many people in heavy metal bands grew up listening to rock, and as a consquence, being influenced by them

Cheers,
Moffo

Yes. Well said. They need to train their ear's to listen to something with more than 3 chords.

Jedda said:
I'm with you on Def Leppard, how come they didn't make the list

Awesome champ. A truly f**kin great band. Probably the most underrated of all time. People tend to concentrate on their hairstyles rather than their perfect music.

keeney

First Grade
out of those led zeppelin, but its too hard to decide upon the best rock band, dave matthews band kick ass though

Godz Illa

Coach
Not exactly a definitive, comprehensive poll (to achieve that you would need a list a mile long). But I dare say, no matter how long the list, my vote yould still go Led Zeppelin's way.
Personal fave Zep song: Achilles Last Stand.

Forum Idiot

Bench
this poll is so flawed that im not even going to vote.
oh hang on i voted for led zep but that isnt the issue at hand.

the rolling stones should be evicted from this poll because they sold out and tried to make a disco record. a big no no.
silverchair should be evicted because of whatever it is they do these days..? love ballads???
youve got ozzy but no sabbath? whats doing?
no ac/dc.... what the...?

parramatt should have done a littlke research before he posted this poll. as much as i appreciate a poll like this - too many bands have been shafted here and we should make a proper extensive poll.

alive103

Juniors
Pearl Jam shit all over that list.

The best contemporary rock band by a mile. 7 brilliant studio albums, a heap of awesome b-sides, the best concert you will ever see and the depth in quality is second to none. You don't sell out 73 concerts in a year around the world otherwise like they did this year.

The poll is flawed though. A fairer poll would be by decade or define those still playing and not playing.

Anonymous

Juniors
Maybe it should be done again, the poll that is, but this time hold nominations first.

By the way Nirvana is still leading :D

alive103

Juniors
half-man said:
pearl jam is so rotten

i would rather listen to my grandma orgasming

And you probably do. I want to know who evens conjures the thought of that, let alone post it.