What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Atmosphere

Goldielocks

Juniors
Does anyone feel the Grand Final lacks any atmosphere? It barely feels like a regular season game let alone the season decider. Just wish a better team had made it instead of the pretenders.

munge

Juniors
alot of that happens to be because melbourne are in it who dont bring any fans. when 75k of 82 fans are going for parra and there getting whipped obviosuly that atmosphere is going to be ordinary

Munky Funky

Juniors
gotta go back to the SFS

in 10 years of grand finals at ANZ theres not one that stands out. SFS was the best

Munky Funky

Juniors
gotta go back to the SFS

in 10 years of grand finals at ANZ theres not one that stands out. SFS was the best

Downie

Guest Moderator
alot of that happens to be because melbourne are in it who dont bring any fans. when 75k of 82 fans are going for parra and there getting whipped obviosuly that atmosphere is going to be ordinary

Last year the guys covering the game on the radio said it was the best atmosphere they'd ever heard at a Grand Final and that was with Melbourne as well.

munge

Juniors
Last year the guys covering the game on the radio said it was the best atmosphere they'd ever heard at a Grand Final and that was with Melbourne as well.

diffrent though cause u had once again probs 75k manly fans and cause they were winning it was 75k manly fans going mental

ideally ud get two sydney clubs with 40k fans going at each other and then ud get a really good atmosphere. if u had any of tigers, parra, souths, dragons, bulldogs playing each other ud get the ultimate

innsaneink

Referee
You need two Sydney teams, and not Manly or the Roosters, any of the others against each other would blow the top offa the joint

Imagine Wests - Bulldogs. Souths - Saints. Parra Penrith. Wests Saints, Dogs Parra...mad

Garts

Bench
Was a good atmosphere today I thought, was not there in 08 so not sure how it compares but definately better than 2007. Although I was pretty tanked when I got into the ground in 07 so my memory is hazy.

fish eel

Immortal
i thought the atmosphere was pretty good. Not as good as the bulldogs/eels match which was better than any homebush GF.

Patsy

Juniors
didnt feel like a grand final - probably cause some teams did not stand up in the finals who are arguably better than the storm & eels

Latest posts