What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Benji next year

SBD82 it is good to see you keeping the pressure up to get an answer but alas it seems inevitable you will only get further quips from OV.

This probably means he has no knowledge of other people or systems within opposition clubs or he thinks that all alternatives are equally as hopeless or more hopeless than the people and systems he derides at St GI.

In life there are those that are builders, those that are demolishers and of course in the middle sit the do nothing / offer nothing knockers.

So don't expect any substantial foundation to a response from OV to your question.

The alternatives I can offer are not realistic options under our current management and coach. Cronk, Luke, RTS and Roberts are cases in point. Signings like Lafai are tinkering around the edges.

I'm happy to provide peripheral solutions but to what benefit exactly?

Strait Shooter

V

Vasilevsky

I cannot believe some ppl here, Benji is the real deal for 2016 and 17 safe bet, finding gold in the rough are for dreamers.

Denver Broncos had an old man leading them to glory, show some faith Mary!

There are lots of agendas and several outright idiots here. Some supporters never warm to certain players for one reason or another. "Old Timer" thinks Widdop is a deity and can do no wrong. He would rather the team be a rabble but Widdop be one of the best, than have the team be playing well with Benji getting the accolades, as was the case last year.

"coast dragons" has the sense and personality of a sloth. Nick.... well I'm not sure about Nick. His doesn't abandon all reason to denounce Benji but suggesting a Souffs journeyman 5/8 set to play in the NSW Cup this season should replace him is something I have come to expect from "Old Timer". BrissyRedV is basically the opposite of me. He thinks Widdop is great and Benji ok. I think Benji is great and Widdop ok. I can disagree with him but can't fault his reasoning. "Country Dragons" is just a ******* (you decide but make it something bad) whose opinion is of no importance and "JubileeBoy"... well FFS, with a username like one can barely imagine what is going through his sick mind....

V

Vasilevsky

The alternatives I can offer are not realistic options under our current management and coach. Cronk, Luke, RTS and Roberts are cases in point. Signings like Lafai are tinkering around the edges.

Strait Shooter

Recruitment this season was a disaster. Hiku is a good player, Hopoate is a good player, Roberts is a good player, Copley is a good player. From what I have seen Lafai is a NSW Cup centre but I hope he proves me wrong.

Having said that, from my understanding Mary did the right thing. At least Hiku and Roberts thought that given the mess supercoach Price left the club in, they could get paid overs.

I think paying overs is fraught with danger. See Parramatta over the last several years. Mary was better off sticking with local juniors coming through. Still, when one looks at the quality of players other clubs have recruited, even clubs not known for cheating the salary cap like (Roosters, Broncos and Grubs), one can only imagine the club is either paying a lot to keep promising local juniors or saving up for a big signing. Like Jarryd Hayne for example.

TruSaint

Referee
Vas, one can be a supporter of Benji and believe he still offers a great deal, and also feel the same way we Gaz Widdop.

Their contributions to the team are critical, but they are both class acts.

As to our recruitment, I will wait until a few weeks of NRL has passed to make a judgement.

Sad re Masa, but Packer, Lafai, KFFL, Milne, Lui, Havaili etc have given us depth we lacked.

Half glass full ? Maybe.. lets see.

V

Vasilevsky

Vas, one can be a supporter of Benji and believe he still offers a great deal, and also feel the same way we Gaz Widdop.

Their contributions to the team are critical, but they are both class acts.

As to our recruitment, I will wait until a few weeks of NRL has passed to make a judgement.

Sad re Masa, but Packer, Lafai, KFFL, Milne, Lui, Havaili etc have given us depth we lacked.

Half glass full ? Maybe.. lets see.

As I said about Widdop and my position being the opposite of BrissyRedV. I think he is a good player.

I should have been more specific. Forwards recruitment was excellent IMO. Backs recruitment was terrible. Milne may turn out good but from what i have seen, KFFL and Lafai are NSW Cup players.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however bashing on people like Jubilee because of a user name is hardly appropriate. For example, your username could be considered ridiculous by some, but has meaning to you Vas, so how about that cheap shot be put in the kit bag

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however bashing on people like Jubilee because of a user name is hardly appropriate. For example, your username could be considered ridiculous by some, but has meaning to you Vas, so how about that cheap shot be put in the kit bag

My username is descriptive, yours is delusion.

Straight Shooter

SBD82

Coach

Strait Shooter

To what benefit do any of us offer solutions on this forum?

Let me get you started...

"I don't believe that Mary and Doust have done well with recruitment. I think that if we had a good recruitment team in place they would..."

You see? Nothing to be scared of. Now your turn.

TruSaint

Referee

Yes, well said Mills

Slippery Morris

First Grade
NRL kicked off. Lets worry about the squad they have now rather than next season. Enjoy the run and hopefully we will get plenty of good memories out of this season.

If they start the way they finished where they played with heart then we are in for a good season.

Cagey Mac

Bench

Had a laugh on 702 today
Junior Roqica was interviewed and asked if he planned to go back to Fiji for a visit
He said "As soon as we get knocked out, I'll straight over to visit with family and friends"
Have the Sharks forgotten to tell players that their supposed to win?

Bongdragon

Juniors
You know you could always switch to supporting the Brinco's. But maybe that's not a good idea, what would you complain about? The jersey isn't red and white perhaps?

I don't think he supports anyone. Not one of his posts demonstrate support for our team. I think he is just a troll and he is trying to make everybody object to his view. It's obviously working.

V

Vasilevsky

I don't think he supports anyone. Not one of his posts demonstrate support for our team. I think he is just a troll and he is trying to make everybody object to his view. It's obviously working.

Excellent username:cool:

Had a laugh on 702 today
Junior Roqica was interviewed and asked if he planned to go back to Fiji for a visit
He said "As soon as we get knocked out, I'll straight over to visit with family and friends"
Have the Sharks forgotten to tell players that their supposed to win?

Haha junior isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed