What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Big Signings? I don't think we need them.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Parramatta last night proved that we have great depth at our great club, We have always had a great Jr Base and after all these years we are finally using it.

Jarroyd Hayne is a superstar in the making no doubt, Tim Smith is back in form, Ben Smith is back, Josh Corboda played his best ever game, We have Kris INU, really did we need Jamie Lyon at all? I wanted Jamie Lyon back at the club but i wouldn't pay $500k a season for him, Alot of people hate Fitzy, But we would of been bloody mad to pay that money, When we already have INU, Tahu and Ben Smith.

We need to build a team, It would be nice to get Scott Hill for the sake of Tim Smith and Blake Green, But i wouldn't be slashing my wists if we didn't get him, We need to think long term, We have all these great young players itching to prove themselves in First Grade, Something our beloved Ex-Coach couldn't see, As soon as JT took over he got rid of the Smith Favorites, (IE Replacing Petersen with Hayne)

We have the best winger in the world in Eric Grothe Jr, We have the best backrower in the world in Nathan Hindmarsh, Tahu is killing it in the centers, PJ Marsh's value from the bench is priceless, Our Kiwi frontrow in Moi Moi and Cayless are as tough as nails and always go forward, Plus we have Riddell who can play hooker or 2nd row, Daniel Wagon cops alot of sh*t on here but his defense is awesome, He totally shutdown Matt Gidley last night ,I didn't even sight the guy, Again he is someone we can use off the bench or in the centers or at lock, Im telling you with those players we can build a side around them with a few more up and coming Jr's and some fringe players from the transfer market, like Mark Minichello.

Anyway this is my side for next year without any signings we "might" be making....

1.Jarrod Hayne
2.Luke Burt
3.Ben Smith
4.Tahu
5.Eric Grothe Jr
6.Blake Green
7.Tim Smith
13.Daniel Wagon
12.Josh Corboda
11.Nathan Hindmarsh
10.Fui Fui Moi Moi
9.Mark Riddell
8.Nathan Cayless

14.PJ Marsh
15.Todd Lowrie
16.Aaron Cannings
17.Micheal Vella

newmanj

Juniors
Good Post. Great Attitude. We are definitely NOT getting Scott Hill. He is going to ESL. We have proved we CAN do it next season. We have the talent at the club. The only thing stopping us will be the coaching. I really believe Michael Hagan is the man to lead us next year, although i cant fault JT.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Chad Robinson wouldn't be in your team for next year :?

I think we literally need some 'big' signings - that is, some big props (who can actually play the game too...)

Sadly there isn't a lot going round in the available prop department...

Agent Mulder

Bench
newmanj said:
Good Post. Great Attitude. We are definitely NOT getting Scott Hill. He is going to ESL. We have proved we CAN do it next season. We have the talent at the club. The only thing stopping us will be the coaching. I really believe Michael Hagan is the man to lead us next year, although i cant fault JT.

Spot on mate, I believe in Hagan too, He played and learned under one of the greatest coaches of all time, Warren Ryan.

I'd like to make a few signings from the market, Players like Mark Minichello and Trent Cutler are a step in the right direction.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Iam adamant that we need at least two or three "name player" signings in key positions to be up there next year. But i am 100% sure that its the coach that makes the difference not the two or three signings to add to a squad. We have taken a big gamble by bringing in Hagan when we have someone like Taylor on board. We have a lot to lose. Taylor is the man who has worked with these youngsters. Who knows how they will respond to Hagan.
Its the coaching dept. that will make us or break us. Im not certain how that will go.:?

parra pete

Referee
The Premier League team is reigning Premier and currently alone on top of the ladder in 2006. Those kids need to be progressed into first grade. They have earned the right.
Big money contracts doesn't necessarily mean good player.Look at Anasta, Harrison....
Cannings will be good for us in 2007..Wait and see...

Parraren

Bench
Morrison, Widders, Morris...amongst our best last night and we don't have any replacements for them yet.

KevinArnold

Juniors
Finally, someone sees the light.

All this talk about Nate Myles "a prority signing" is BS. We don't need another impact player, we have one wasting in Premier League (Cannings). I'll take a develpoing Cordoba over Myles. I know who I'd get my moneys worth from.

Cordoba made metres at will lastnight :crazy:

Kornstar

Coach
Parraren said:
Morrison, Widders, Morris...amongst our best last night and we don't have any replacements for them yet.

Taia, Hauraki, M.Keating, Inu, Williams, Green, Reddy, Cordoba, Oake!

Have faith in these kids , they are all very young and if Hindmarsh, Cayless and Vella take the forwards under their wings and the likes of Guru, Tahu and Burt take the backs under their wings, we could potentially do a Tigers of 05..........pure enthusiasm is under rated and Tim Sheens proved that last year!!!!!!

Gronk

Staff member
I still think we need a prop or two. Vella is not the answer IMHO.

We have Cayless, Fui, Cordoba, Tsoulos, Cannings and quality in Oak and Paulo comming through. Is that really enough ?

Hurriflatch

Referee
I still think we need one very good prop, tho

Cordoba is really just a kid as are Taia and Hauraki

If he gets 1 one suspension Fui will be gone for life or close enough to it

and over the past 2-3 years Caylo has been very hot and cold

I'd like to see a strong expeirenced prop signed someone who knows how to and always does perform week in and week out.

Parraren

Bench
Kornstar said:
Taia, Hauraki, M.Keating, Inu, Williams, Green, Reddy, Cordoba, Oake!

Have faith in these kids , they are all very young and if Hindmarsh, Cayless and Vella take the forwards under their wings and the likes of Guru, Tahu and Burt take the backs under their wings, we could potentially do a Tigers of 05..........pure enthusiasm is under rated and Tim Sheens proved that last year!!!!!!

I do have faith in these guys and I think in time they will do well in First Grade, but they won't all be a success.

We can't expect these guys to do what Hayne is doing. Hayne is a freak.

I would have liked us to have picked up at least one experienced player like a Simpson or Scott Hill to guide these talented juniors through and replace the experience we are losing with Morris/Morrison/Widders/McKinnon

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
I still think we need one very good prop, tho

Cordoba is really just a kid as are Taia and Hauraki

If he gets 1 one suspension Fui will be gone for life or close enough to it

and over the past 2-3 years Caylo has been very hot and cold

I'd like to see a strong expeirenced prop signed someone who knows how to and always does perform week in and week out.

Is Craig Smith off contract? (i know, i know, yet another Smith :crazy:)

hehehe... just discovered that crazy looks funny inside brackets :)crazy: )

spiderdan

Bench
eloquentEEL said:
Is Craig Smith off contract? (i know, i know, yet another Smith :crazy:)

hehehe... just discovered that crazy looks funny inside brackets :)crazy: )
i thought i read somewhere that he was following hagan down to assist in some sort of coaching capacity.

could be wrong.

Latest posts