What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No haka disrespect, just joking- Willie Mason

Balmain_Boy

Maori and Aboriginal culture would seem - from an outsider's view - more similar than British culture, if we are going to go right back.

I don't think you can classify one as hypocritical and not the other. Either they both are, or neither are. In any case, I think Maoris are better placed to judge what is disrespectful to their cultural traditions than you are.

Frailty

First Grade
Sooperdooper, I'm not trying to hide the final score (I'm Aussie, and proud of it)... But I love watching two players go at it... I have fond memories of Harrigan and Carroll

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Kiwi born Australian told the Australian born Kiwi to f**k off for doing a Kiwi war dance. And all this is before Nathan Fien makes his debut. At least Webb almost looks like he could have a bit of Maori in him, wait until Fien gets going. Hold onto Willie he might faint from the shock.

Nathan B

Juniors
KeepingTheFaith said:
The Kiwi born Australian told the Australian born Kiwi to f**k off for doing a Kiwi war dance. And all this is before Nathan Fien makes his debut. At least Webb almost looks like he could have a bit of Maori in him, wait until Fien gets going. Hold onto Willie he might faint from the shock.

Nice one :lol:

And what's all this Kidwell 1 - Mason 0 crap. Are we forgetting that Kidwell was sat on his arse when he tried to tackle Willie on his first hitup? Or is league now about knocking guys unconcious?

aids

Bench
And hunt's at the back explaining to everyone what they are saying.

this should be next years slogan( good one nathan)

League.
now about knocking guys unconcious!

dazza

Staff member
sooperdooper said:
the haka performed by the league players is weak.... compare it to the all blacks and the numerous haka's that are out there!

kidwell 1 mason 0 i agree frailty but end of the day who had the last laugh? Aus 30 NZ 18

shows how much you know pal!!!

there are only 2 hakas being performed by kiwi sports teams at the moment, & the 1 done by the kiwis, ka mate, is the same as the 1 done by the all blacks for years. they have only come out with the new 1, kapo a pango, recently.

so wher you get your, "numerous" from is a mystery to me.

cheers dazza

McLovin

Staff member
I loved the hit. I was getting pumped up just watching Kidwells reaction...

I thought they where supposed to get bashed??

seajay23

Juniors
Ricardihno said:
I'd like to see the Kangaroos do the Bus Stop or Nutbush..or maybe even the Macarena to combat the haka :)

I reckon the Hokey-Pokey would be a good response to the Haka, better than swearing in front of millions of people - Willie may or may not be dumb or a cat but he lacks class.

t-ba

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Maori and Aboriginal culture would seem - from an outsider's view - more similar than British culture, if we are going to go right back.

Oddly enough, the "Maori's" and the "British" are closer to each other culturally than the Indigenous Australians, who are one of the great enigmas of humanity.

Bazal

Post Whore
dazza said:
shows how much you know pal!!!

there are only 2 hakas being performed by kiwi sports teams at the moment, & the 1 done by the kiwis, ka mate, is the same as the 1 done by the all blacks for years. they have only come out with the new 1, kapo a pango, recently.

so wher you get your, "numerous" from is a mystery to me.

cheers dazza

Probably from the numerous other, similar war dances performed by numerous other Pacific nations...Tonga and Samoa come to mind...

SOULS 04

Juniors
i dont see why willie shouldnt disrespect them right back... the haka is great and i love it but isnt it there to intimidate the oposition? if so the aussies should be able to do whatever the hell they want to show they arent.

Actually to go further on this... when they do it in melbourne the whole crowd should start booing to show them the aussies that they are up against. or while they are doing it start singing walting matilda. intimidation tactics should be able to go both ways.

smeghead

Bench
Lets face it. At his core Mason is an idiot. Whether or not he was disrespectful or not I would say it was a touch disrespectful but not really fussed by it.

The Haka is a wonderful spectacle.

In the end what do we have to retaliate with apart from our football. Unless monkey boy Mason is willing to do a version of wake up Jeff or something of a similar ilk. We don't need a grinning idiot carrying on like a goat.

In the end it was a nothing until he cried about Kidwells tackle being a cat like act. Suck it up and pull your head in a little Willie

Perth Red

Post Whore
Waltzing Matilda intimidating??

Swearing at players during a representation of their culture (even if it is their "adopted" one) is pretty poor. He got what he deserved and to suggest it was a blindside hit (Has Mason only got one eye?) is a joke. Maybe he forgot to take his pills as he clearly was suffering from some sort of attention deficit!

Misty Bee

First Grade
smeghead said:
Lets face it. At his core Mason is an idiot. Whether or not he was disrespectful or not I would say it was a touch disrespectful but not really fussed by it.

The Haka is a wonderful spectacle.

In the end what do we have to retaliate with apart from our football. Unless monkey boy Mason is willing to do a version of wake up Jeff or something of a similar ilk. We don't need a grinning idiot carrying on like a goat.

In the end it was a nothing until he cried about Kidwells tackle being a cat like act. Suck it up and pull your head in a little Willie

:clap::clap:

Msaon is a moron - full stop. I could imagin Hindy cringing all week with this f8cktard has carried on about Kiwis, he probably roomed with cutie and had many late nights with him sipping Kava under the blankets.

As for Charlie :lol::lol: You f*ck up every time! Carrying on about Webb being Koori (he isn't) and adopting an alien creed - coming from a born and bred Sydney boy who pretends he's a Queenslander! A Bronco fan who uses the name of a former Rabbitoh! You wouldn't know friggin Roma from Marrickville you tool!!!!

nqboy

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
As for Charlie :lol::lol: You f*ck up every time! Carrying on about Webb being Koori (he isn't) !!!!
The word is murri. And a few people have made this mistake before it was clarified in the press. I was surprised. Webb looks more aboriginal than TI to me.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
As for Charlie :lol::lol: You f*ck up every time! Carrying on about Webb being Koori (he isn't) and adopting an alien creed - coming from a born and bred Sydney boy who pretends he's a Queenslander! A Bronco fan who uses the name of a former Rabbitoh! You wouldn't know friggin Roma from Marrickville you tool!!!!

You are the king of f**k ups blowfly...didnt know des hasler played halfbackin the 1987 GF. Who was it? Frankie Stokes?
Dickhead.
Said that foxtel dont dedicate enough time to live league! Yeah, 3/7 games live and sometimes 4 when the sunday NZ game is scheduled.
Dickhead.
I know you perhaps cant afford foxtel and you live off your 1986 BETA version of the GF, but perhaps join us in 2006 when you get the chance.

I dont pretend anything maggot shyte. Do you have to live in the vacinity of the team you support? You live in the far nth coast...far far away from Parramatta!
Go and post in the EEls forum. Smith has left and you have the wooden spoon coach of 2005.
Looking forward to this "ban" you implement when he decides Luke Burt is the best option at halfback.

Kiwi

First Grade
If he was aiming it at Webb, considering Mason was born in New Zealand maybe he still should have shut is big mouth.

MC84 said:
I loved the hit. I was getting pumped up just watching Kidwells reaction...

I thought they where supposed to get bashed??

not if you listen to the aussie coach, maybe we only allowed to play touch!

Latest posts