What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Hayne.......then what???

Suitman

Post Whore
I mentioned to a couple of people last night that it's almost scary what sort of team we would be WITHOUT Hayne on the field.

It was at its most obvious last night that when he gets involved, we are as dangerous in attack as any team in the comp.
But for 20 minutes before half time, and ten minutes after, when he took himself out of the game, we looked a lot less potent. I know there are other factors involved, but it was as clear as any time this season, the effect Hayne has on a game.

Do we rely too much on him?
How would we cope, if he (god forbid, touch wood etc....) came down with an injury?

I have my reservations that we would currently be as clinically efficient without him.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
I though Burt did OK when Jarryd swapped to the wing for a breather. Some good kick returns. And our side was solid across the park with everyone contributing their own efforts. It was far from a one man Jarryd show for 80 mins, although he obviously has the talent and touches when he does get involved.

And when DA gave Jarryd a breather toward the end of the match, our shape also looked ok with Burt at the back, and Reddy and Inu combining well on well on the left hand side.

Smart move by the coach to give the team a go without Jarryd to see what they come up with. I think we went alright, and honestly would be more worried if we had to do without Moimoi (through injury or suspension) than if Jarryd is missing.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Not meaning to be rude here - but we've got the leading line-breaker in the NRL playing fullback - also the guy who leads our team in try-assists, and commonly regarded as the form player in the world right now

and you're saying that perhaps the team isn't quite as good without him there?!?!?

:p

I agree with ya Suity - we're screwed without Hayne!

lewiscook

Juniors
I though Burt did OK when Jarryd swapped to the wing for a breather. Some good kick returns. And our side was solid across the park with everyone contributing their own efforts. It was far from a one man Jarryd show for 80 mins, although he obviously has the talent and touches when he does get involved.

And when DA gave Jarryd a breather toward the end of the match, our shape also looked ok with Burt at the back, and Reddy and Inu combining well on well on the left hand side.

Smart move by the coach to give the team a go without Jarryd to see what they come up with. I think we went alright, and honestly would be more worried if we had to do without Moimoi (through injury or suspension) than if Jarryd is missing.

Losing Hayne is a worrying thought, although i don't think we would fold...
with regards to ffmm we will be alot better off when Poore and Shack are here next year, it will take alot of the load off ffmm and poore will add alot more grunt and fiery nature to our go forward.

J.hardiplank

Juniors
Hayne is God, but I hate how some media are starting to think we are a one man team. Hayne's on another planet right now so he must get the ball whenever we can get it to him. But if he went down, undoubtedly another player would step up in his abscence. Look at what Todd Lowrie has been doing, even with all the ball Jarryd is getting. If Hayne was out, Todd would be hitting it up like he has, dummying left and right, chipping chasing and re-gathering to score under the posts numerous times ;-).

bradeel

Juniors
Do you think the Knights stressed about how they would play without Andrew Johns when they were winning their premierships?! The Broncos and Darren Lockyer? The Tigers and Benji Marshall? That's life when you have a genuine star in your ranks and I think we may overcomplicate matters by worrying about hypotheticals.

On the plus side, at least our star is a fullback and not a playmaker. At least the structure and systems of the team don't breakdown if our star player isn't there.

Absolutely he is.

I was gonna say what a load of crap this thread is. Our momentum died when Fui left the field and only picked up towards halfway of the second half.

strider

Post Whore
1. yes - hayne is a massive part of our success ... and i think we'd struggle without him (at least be far less effective)

2. yes - i agree that our fall off for a period last night was probably more to do with Fui being off than hayne ... Fui actually setup 2 tries by putting guys into gaps last night (hayne and burt) - he was on fire!

I also think we missed Caylo last night .... we didn't seem to have anywhere near as much 2nd phase play as other games recently and Caylo is a big part of that

Our second phase is totally reliant upon Cayless. Just go back and look at the change in the way we played this year. It all started with Cayless. Only after he started offloading and playing at the line do we see the likes of Hindy, Fui and Todd following suit.

Swiftstylez

Bench
We are definitely so much better off with Hayne, however, he does not defend multiple sets of six on our own goal line. We are playing as the an entire team and I dislike it when people say that we would be nothing without Hayne. Sure Hayne is our most potent game breaker, but like all other game breakers, they must have some people around them to lay their platform.

Hayne is God, but I hate how some media are starting to think we are a one man team. Hayne's on another planet right now so he must get the ball whenever we can get it to him. But if he went down, undoubtedly another player would step up in his abscence. Look at what Todd Lowrie has been doing, even with all the ball Jarryd is getting. If Hayne was out, Todd would be hitting it up like he has, dummying left and right, chipping chasing and re-gathering to score under the posts numerous times ;-).
i love it when the media says we are a one man team hopefully it makes the opposition concentrate on hayne and forget about marking up on joel reddy :whistle

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Well fui has been making yards all year and we were sh*t with Burt at FB - once Hayne was moved there we starting wining...anyone that suggests that Fui Fui Moi Moi is a better player then Hayne needsto be shot asap, probably the most pathetic thing i've ever heard. Actually i'll tell you how pathetic it is - go and create a thread in the NRL section right now with a poll attached.

IFR33K

Coach
well fui has been making yards all year and we were sh*t with burt at fb - once hayne was moved there we starting wining...anyone that suggests that fui fui moi moi is a better player then hayne needsto be shot asap, probably the most pathetic thing i've ever heard. Actually i'll tell you how pathetic it is - go and create a thread in the nrl section right now with a poll attached.

x2

Dean

Juniors
As good as Hayne is, I think that the game changed when Moi Moi and Mannah went off. All of a sudden the Warriors were making good metres which allowed for Jones' bombs for Vatuvai at the end of their sets. In contrast Parra were making bugger all metres and having to kick long at the end of their sets. The sooner Cayless gets back the better.

strider

Post Whore
Well fui has been making yards all year and we were sh*t with Burt at FB - once Hayne was moved there we starting wining...anyone that suggests that Fui Fui Moi Moi is a better player then Hayne needsto be shot asap, probably the most pathetic thing i've ever heard. Actually i'll tell you how pathetic it is - go and create a thread in the NRL section right now with a poll attached.
settle down ron - put it back in your pants .... we all know hayne is the man - and HJ is just a stirrer

but actually - we didn't start winning as soon as hayne went to fullback ... LDLWLBWLLWWWWW

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly we would be screwed if we lost either of them, Fui or Hayne. Just glad they play for Parra.

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
Last year this forum had the same Q regarding Mateo, make up ur minds!

We are screwed with Burt at fullback though. Why he played there for 2.5 seasons only Michael Hagan can tell u. "ah derrrr".

Obviously the main attacking player on any team is a massive loss, should they be ruled out. Goes without saying. Take Kimmorley outta the Dogs, Soward out of Saints, C.Smith out of Storm, Farah out of Wests, Hayne out of Parra...they'd all be screwd!

Latest posts