What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No home games until April

Kaz

junior
Danish Moo Cow said:
I wonder if the new surface laid prior to the Union World Cup at Lang Park had anything to do with the lack of complaints.

http://oneworldcup.nzoom.com/story/224617.html

Now, Kaz, why did they have to replace that surface?

Seeing as you are the search & find king of forums, you can find the link of the QLD Government & Lang Park Trust, where the turf was going to be replaced for the World Cup.

The Government set aside about 1 million to replace it.

The grass was already being grown for the World Cup.

Happy Seaching. :D

We don't want to hear from you until you have found this link. :?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Kaz said:
Danish Moo Cow said:
I wonder if the new surface laid prior to the Union World Cup at Lang Park had anything to do with the lack of complaints.

http://oneworldcup.nzoom.com/story/224617.html

Now, Kaz, why did they have to replace that surface?

Seeing as you are the search & find king of forums, you can find the link of the QLD Government & Lang Park Trust, where the turf was going to be replaced for the World Cup.

The Government set aside about 1 million to replace it.

The grass was already being grown for the World Cup.

Happy Seaching. :D

We don't want to hear from you until you have found this link. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's all you could come up with, Karen? What's your point? The surface had to replaced because it was shit. If it wasn't shit in the first place, it wouldn't have needed fixing, would it? Would it?

I already found you a link that it was replaced, what more do you want? We all knew it had to be replaced and here you are trying to pass off the new surface as being good enough for the Ruggers when it was a completely different surface to the piece of shit beach your club forced teams to play on this year.

northey

First Grade
it is bad that there is no home games until april i am going to england in april next year!!!!! so i won't get to go to any home games for ages!!!!

Razor

Coach
Encurly said:
itially they did - the crowd figures go like this:
(Source: stats.rleague.com)

1991 St George v Balmain - 28,884
1992 St George v Brisbane - 18,892
1993 St George v Canberra - 20,246
1994 St George v Wests - 12,874
1995 St George v Newcastle - 8,987

by 1995 it looks like the novelty had worn off, or that Wests and Newcastle weren't the drawcards that the earlier teams were. St George is more likely to attract a decent crowd because of their history, too.

It's possible that an Adelaide game (or elsewhere) would draw a crowd - but it's a risk.

That was every year then. There's been 5 years now (Adelaide Rams) with not 1 game played.

IanG

Coach
Thing about the idea of taking home games away is why can't they play some of their home games at Gosford? I've heard from a reliable source that the Knights have quite a following there. Central Coasters may want their own team but I've heard that most ppl there either are old Bears supporters or they support the Knights.

With this in mind they'd get a fair crowd in Gosford and the die hard Knights fans will travel down I'm sure.

Innconu

Juniors
Before you go an hold games else where or suggest t what about the Season ticket holders that have already paid money.

I have had my ticket for over 10 years and I have never seen the Knights lower the price despite the fact we get 1 less game a year now already. They must not price themselves out of loyal gate paying customers.

My season ticket is worth $25+ per home game and it is paid upfront every year and this is not the most expensive ticket on sale (the upper GS is more). Now if they get $20 for General Admission like most NRL grounds, and $25 for a premium bay then you must make sure you cover all your lost Season ticket holders first before you consider your GA attendance at EAS.

They need to get bigger crowds then they get at EAS to make the same money. For Sydney teams that is easy for Newcastle not quite as easy.

Innconu said:
Before you go an hold games else where or suggest t what about the Season ticket holders that have already paid money.

I have had my ticket for over 10 years and I have never seen the Knights lower the price despite the fact we get 1 less game a year now already. They must not price themselves out of loyal gate paying customers.

My season ticket is worth $25+ per home game and it is paid upfront every year and this is not the most expensive ticket on sale (the upper GS is more). Now if they get $20 for General Admission like most NRL grounds, and $25 for a premium bay then you must make sure you cover all your lost Season ticket holders first before you consider your GA attendance at EAS.

They need to get bigger crowds then they get at EAS to make the same money. For Sydney teams that is easy for Newcastle not quite as easy.

It'll be easy next year for Newcastle.

While advertising and ticket holders are a "problem", its not anything the club would lose since you'd pick them up from the one-off host. The only sticky point is that locally we get one less match. If they held it in Gosford you could be given a free ticket to that in exchange or given a reduction in the proce of a home semi-final if we finished in the top four.

If that doesn't happen you could get a reduction for next year or a free entry pass if you decide not to extend the season ticket again. There are options available.

Latest posts