What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No live coverage of storm/dragons ??!!

SRB_SEA_EAGLE

Juniors
From a report i heard on sydney radio this morning , there will be no live coverage of the game on ANY form of tv. My understanding was circumstances in Melboring , a sponsor of a telethon , channel 7 owning etihad AND the storn requesting it not be shown live !! = WTF

On Nine that day in Sydney we will be subjected to - " Magical Tales "
...as per their own description - " After a magic spell goes horribly wrong, William decides to give up wizardry. With the help of a reflective wishing well, Sparkles helps William imagine what life could be like if they had different jobs." and another kids program at 3pm. Before anyone says avoid finding out the score , it's only 2 hours etc.....the fact that it was going to be beamed LIVE into Melbourne originally and not Sydney , is a farce to start with. The game will now be shown at 11pm in Melbourne , and delayed in Sydney. The match was set for 4 pm originally AND live from what i understand into Sydney.

Why doesnt Nine show it live in Sydney FFS !!
Especially considering its an interstate game and a public holiday ?

Where do the storm get off , requesting/dictating to anyone about the kick off time ? Yet other clubs cant get free to air games , while others are now copping 4 monday games in the first ten weeks .

Are Anzac day games , test matches , etc going to be playing second fiddle to kids programs ?

Ill be listening to it , and if it aint live , will refuse to watch a delayed telecast. I have fox as well. If neither of them, nine or Fox , cant resolve this so a game with 2 stand out teams cant be beamed live into Sydney , then they can both get stuffed.

taxidriver

Coach
but don't you know victorians love league and we need melbourne for the tv rights

ffs, we can't even get the game of the season (so far) shown live

tards :oops::oops:

Mr Saab

Referee
There is the saying "Only in America"....where this is a "Only in Australia". Could never imagine a Colts vs Patriots game (in their prime) never being broadcast live in America....if it ever happened the fans would burn the country down. Its 2010 and we have pay tv, plus free to air digitial TV yet we cant broadcast a blockbuster game to anyone in the country....Its a farce in the extreme and another reason why channel nine should be told to get f**kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkked

SRB_SEA_EAGLE

Juniors
Paullyboy , what would a raiders fan know about " match of the round" ??....you should be used to watching delayed "match of the round" games involving other teams.

SRB_SEA_EAGLE

Juniors
Lets see , 2 pm Friday , Public Holiday…no live footy , so lets do the usual Sunday match of the day scenario for a couple of hours hours…....Ok - Cant be out in public , cause chances are someone , somewhere always blurts the score , pubs , clubs , servos , mates via mobiles etc = all out….So lets stay inside , turn all media off , or better still , watch nine cause that way you’ll never know the score until 4….Ok , im bored watching “ magical tales”….But wait it gets better , at 2 on 7 we have - ” Rediscovered” = Aspiring child stars from the '80s are given another shot at fame in adulthood. Hosted by Donnie and Marie Osmond. The F-in Osmonds !! or, and its looking more and more this way , the winner on channel 10 - “ Ready Steady Cook “ – will be getting my viewing time - I’ll bite the bullet and say capsicums to win with the red team having half a tomato start. Shame Nine . At 4 we have equally stiff opposition in “ Kid Detectives” , “Hueys Kitchen” ,and more 10 minute cartoons on ABC similar to 2 oclock…..So it isn’t the storm being pricks about showing it live , it isn’t about etihad being owned by channel 7 , it isn’t about a telethon in melboring and what some sponsor there wants , its about rating yeah ?? Then its all F-in FAT Huey’s fault…I mean , the NRL has to match the fat heap and take him, and his loyal army of paunch staunch hard nut viewers on don’t they ?? What a ratings challenge !!

Evenflow

Bench
From a report i heard on sydney radio this morning , there will be no live coverage of the game on ANY form of tv. My understanding was circumstances in Melboring , a sponsor of a telethon , channel 7 owning etihad AND the storn requesting it not be shown live !! = WTF

The Storm only requested it not to be shown live in Melbourne you f**ktard and only because they didn't want it clashing on tv with the Royal Childrens hospital Good Friday appeal which has been going for over 50 years. What the hell have the Storm got to do with scheduling in Sydney and why would they give a f**k if it was shown live there when it doesn't interfere with the telephon given they don't televise it in Sydney? Blame channel 9 numpty, they're the only ones responsible for the coverage.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Woohoo!

The game will be shown in Melbourne at 11pm.

This will be the first not rep, non-finals match televised in Melbourne prior to midnight.

Oh glorious day!

[/sarcasm]

Springs

First Grade
Well that is ridiculous. When I heard Storm didn't want it live i though that Nine would just show it at 4 in melbourne. On a day with no AFL and they put it on at 11?! I mean everyone needs to watch magical tales because William is in a real predicament but 11.00? Geez get someone else to show it, Nine are hypocrites not allowing Fox to show it as Nine broadcasts Ten's AFL games and F1 out here.

SRB_SEA_EAGLE

Juniors
EvenFlow , your sacred telethon starts at 9.30am - only stops for home and away , news , today tonight and ends at 11pm ...who the f**k are the storm to request a reschedule for a telethon that goes all day and night ? Why not ask melboring people to donate and come to the game , or even better , collect money from their own fans at the game , IF the telethon was the issue..what a load .

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Woo up lads. The telethon is a good cause & THE highlight of the Melbourne Autunm social calander. Who doesn't want to sit around all day seeing who is making donations?

As I said, good cause, but the Victorians find watching 13 and a half hours of people answering telephones intersting and compelling viewing. Explains how they can get into AFL.

I'll forever be dirty on my old mand for living in Victoriania and having to sit through several years of that telethon.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well that is ridiculous. When I heard Storm didn't want it live i though that Nine would just show it at 4 in melbourne. On a day with no AFL and they put it on at 11?! I mean everyone needs to watch magical tales because William is in a real predicament but 11.00? Geez get someone else to show it, Nine are hypocrites not allowing Fox to show it as Nine broadcasts Ten's AFL games and F1 out here.
You'll find it's not really Nine's decision down here to opt against showing NRL at a reasonable hour.

I strongly believe that the AFL is personally playing a huge role in the tv schedules of all networks outside NSW and QLD.

The Matty Johns show on Channel 7 is on at midnight in Melbourne. 7 has 15 bloody HD channels, all playing repeated snot that no-one gives a flying f**k about.

The Footy Show (if it is screened at all) and the NRL games are all screened at midnight or later.

Considering there's 2 networks now that have NRL content and both networks have opted to screen it at midnight or later, one can only be left to assume that the AFL is playing a major role in the scheduling.

It doesn't make sense, from the TV Network perspective, to shell out big bikkies for NRL shows, only to show them prime time in 2 of the three most populated cities.

It is even odder still that the shows aren't shown at a more reasonable time on the HD channels.

Evenflow

Bench
EvenFlow , your sacred telethon starts at 9.30am - only stops for home and away , news , today tonight and ends at 11pm ...who the f**k are the storm to request a reschedule for a telethon that goes all day and night ? Why not ask melboring people to donate and come to the game , or even better , collect money from their own fans at the game , IF the telethon was the issue..what a load .

What exactly are you pissing and moaning about? The fact that it's not being shown live in Melbourne? (which should mean f**k all to you because you won't be there anyway) Or the fact that it won't be shown live in Sydney which again has stuff all to do with the Storm and is soley a channel 9 decision?

Doug2234

First Grade
What can u say. Ch9 are a joke and pathetic.. Anyone would think they run the game... not the NRL.

I hope that they loose the Broadcast rights... serves them f**king right

jpaciocco91

Juniors
They'll show a documentary on the pagan origins of Easter instead.
That's what I heard. Probably bullsh*t.
But still, pretty ridiculous its not live. It's clash of the week FFS

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Is it 4pm NSW/QLD and 11pm VIC?

If I was making the banner in Melbourne for the Storm to run through, mine would say :

"Channel 9?

F**k You!"

gsweeper

Juniors
You'll find it's not really Nine's decision down here to opt against showing NRL at a reasonable hour.

I strongly believe that the AFL is personally playing a huge role in the tv schedules of all networks outside NSW and QLD.

The Matty Johns show on Channel 7 is on at midnight in Melbourne. 7 has 15 bloody HD channels, all playing repeated snot that no-one gives a flying f**k about.

The Footy Show (if it is screened at all) and the NRL games are all screened at midnight or later.

Considering there's 2 networks now that have NRL content and both networks have opted to screen it at midnight or later, one can only be left to assume that the AFL is playing a major role in the scheduling.

It doesn't make sense, from the TV Network perspective, to shell out big bikkies for NRL shows, only to show them prime time in 2 of the three most populated cities.

It is even odder still that the shows aren't shown at a more reasonable time on the HD channels.

Thats what happens when we have the better product. Haha, if the AFL really does have the Networks by their balls then it is because they are scared that AFL supporters will see a game that is far superior to their own and convert to League lol :lol::lol: