What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No News Isn't Good News

deluded pom?

Coach
Checking out the AMNRL site and you can't help but notice the complete absence of any reference to the upcoming USA v Jamaica match :x

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I'd rather they played the games and didn't talk about it on the website than if they talked about it on the website but didn't play the games.

deluded pom?

Coach
I understand what you mean mig but they should be playing the game AND promoting it on their own website. Spinner has a few pages of the Jax website devoted to the game which is an obvious thing to do seeing as how he's staging the game and from what I believe underwriting it too. The Fight and the Raiders have a copy of Spinner's piece about the game on their sites so is it too much to ask for the governing body of the sport in the USA to, at the very least, promote it on their website? Even the ARN have something on their site.

deluded pom?

Coach
It reeks of petty jealousy if you ask me.

But don't the AMNRL have to sanction the event to allow the game to take place? Then you'd think they'd want to show Spinner some support by publicising the match. It probably reeks more of apathy than it does jealousy.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
But don't the AMNRL have to sanction the event to allow the game to take place? Then you'd think they'd want to show Spinner some support by publicising the match. It probably reeks more of apathy than it does jealousy.

How could they possibly refuse to approve it? That would be over the top.

I can imagine that the AMNRL formally approved it but were not happy that Spinner will get most of the attention and kudos for it. It should not be like that.

The AMNRL is normally quick to publicise its international events. I cannot think of any reason other than jealousy as to why they would not publicise it.

If I am wrong and oversight is the real reason, then I expect to see some publicity on the event appear on the AMNRL website in the next 24 hours.

Last edited:

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Guys!! The AMNRL is totally supportive. They want to leave the NRL Grand final as the lead story until after this weekend to try and get as many poeple to watch it on Spike TV before posting the news about the Nov 14 game. It is just a timing sequence to make sure that anyone who goes to the AMNRL site until Sunday may add a viewer to the SPIKE ratings.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Well Spinner, I am glad to hear that I was completely wrong. It just seemed so strange not to publicise such an important game.

Well now you have explained it with a good reason that was not obvious, and so I am happy to apologise to the AMNRL.

Last edited:

SaintScotty

Juniors
Just on their websites for a minute, I would like to see new websites for all the teams and the AMNRL. I am sure this is in the works with the new pro league (if that gets up). They should do the same thing as some of the NRL clubs that share the same website layout. I know the Dragons, Dogs and Sharks do it. N0t sure about the rest.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Just on their websites for a minute, I would like to see new websites for all the teams and the AMNRL. I am sure this is in the works with the new pro league (if that gets up). They should do the same thing as some of the NRL clubs that share the same website layout. I know the Dragons, Dogs and Sharks do it. N0t sure about the rest.

The Telstra NRL websites are absolute garbage.

The AMNRL could get unique, professional designs for every team for under $1,000.

They could get unique designs that look better than the NRL team websites for $200. Total.

deeznuts

Juniors
hmm its been over a week since the nrl grand final has happend. and still no news apart from on the axemens website regarding the tomahawks v jamaica game. hopefully the amnrl get something up on there website soon

coach

It seems to me that Rugby League in the US is all talk and very very little if any action.

Instead of trying to big note themselves, what about for once they think of the game.

deluded pom?

Coach
hmm its been over a week since the nrl grand final has happend. and still no news apart from on the axemens website regarding the tomahawks v jamaica game. hopefully the amnrl get something up on there website soon

I was going to wait for the fortnight to expire before posting something similar. The Raiders also have it on their website.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
It is now two weeks since the end of the NRL Grand Final, and still there is no information about the USA vs Jamaica game on the AMNRL website.

If nothing changes by next weekend then I will be inclined to withdraw my previous apology to the AMNRL.

deluded pom?

Coach
Less than two weeks to the game and still nothing on the AMNRL site even though the squad has now been named. :crazy:

Evil Homer

Staff member
This is the international forum, if you don't want to discuss international developments then go away.