What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no roberts no #22 premiership

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
if we dont land james roberts in the centres you can forget winning #22 premiership in 2016............ go hard souths we need him!

Rabbits20

Immortal
if we dont land james roberts in the centres you can forget winning #22 premiership in 2016............ go hard souths we need him!

Even if Roberts signs we probably won't win the comp in 2016.

We are missing a quality and experienced hooker.

Missing a very good second rower to do a role like Te'o did.

We are also missing a quality winger like Tuqiri.

I know we can't have all these things but if Roberts signs we can make the top 4.

Exactly r20 great minds think alike , why can't Madge see this
Still missing a hard as 2nd rower like teo
A big tall strong bulky winger like Lote
Not so worried about hooker as both Cook and carter are weapons ( forget Mcinnes)
Ican see us not even making finals ?..
Purely because so many other teams have advanced their rosters without any weak spots
Once again just being a realist and Sam can't do everything

Pommy

Coach
I'm not expecting a premiership even if we do sign him. A squad doesn't just get built in one window. I trust in the club and look forward to us having a full frontal assault in the title in 2017.
For me it's Broncos or Warriors for 2016. Warriors have added son real talent to what was a talented but fragile squad last season.

Galeforce

Bench
Crap.

Roberts provides us a speedy option however premiership 22 depends on

1) injuries
2) suspensions
3) luck

I hope Roberts signs , as he can make a try from little opportunity , however i am looking forward to seeing which young ones burst into our team in 2016. This will be the key make or break to our chances along with points 1-3.

in 2014 Walker, AJ, Auva and Turner all burst into the scene.We had little impact from fresh faces in 2015, this is what we need in 2016.....Cook or Oldfield or Hymel Hunt plus our youngsters grabbing their chances.

Last edited:

Matrix

Juniors
I'm not expecting a premiership even if we do sign him. A squad doesn't just get built in one window. I trust in the club and look forward to us having a full frontal assault in the title in 2017.
For me it's Broncos or Warriors for 2016. Warriors have added son real talent to what was a talented but fragile squad last season.

Ive still got big doubts on the warriors,they get talked up every year but are full of inconsistent players who often go missing when the pressures on.They have the talent but I think they need someone like Cleary coaching them to be a title hope.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Exactly r20 great minds think alike , why can't Madge see this
Still missing a hard as 2nd rower like teo
A big tall strong bulky winger like Lote
Not so worried about hooker as both Cook and carter are weapons ( forget Mcinnes)
Ican see us not even making finals ?..
Purely because so many other teams have advanced their rosters without any weak spots
Once again just being a realist and Sam can't do everything

Yeah re hooker Cook will go well.

At this stage I see us as 7th BR.

We will make the 8. Sam will lift the boys around him.

Just my opinion.

Yeah Sam will make a difference but can't do everything.

If Sam didn't return I'd have us as about 11th.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Crap.

Roberts provides us a speedy option however premiership 22 depends on

1) injuries
2) suspensions
3) luck

I hope Roberts signs , as he can make a try from little opportunity , however i am looking forward to seeing which young ones burst into our team in 2016. This will be the key make or break to our chances along with points 1-3.

in 2014 Walker, AJ, Auva and Turner all burst into the scene.We had little impact from fresh faces in 2015, this is what we need in 2016.....Cook or Oldfield or Hymel Hunt plus our youngsters grabbing their chances.

I've seen some of Hymel Hunt and he is ordinary. In 18-24 months he could be good.

He just isn't up too it though currently.

People can disagree but I won't change my mind.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Agree.

Even if we get Roberts about 5th sounds right to me.

Without Roberts about 7th.

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20 David Minute is a way bigger thicker lad then Pettybourne check footage of him on youtube ,very very hard to tackle

Pettybourne ran the ball hard with a little step at times even though he wasn't as big.

Minute reminds me of Pettybourne but obviously Minute is bigger.

Rsag85

Bench
It takes a team to win a premiership not one player. No need to make up these negative threads every week. Relax

Rsag85

Bench
Where is it confirmed that we have signed minute?I have seen nothing other than a rumor about a month and nothing since.

He has signed with the Bears but still can earn a 2tier contract with the Rabbitohs

Matrix

Juniors
He has signed with the Bears but still can earn a 2tier contract with the Rabbitohs

Norths have revealed 4 signings on their facebook page and he isnt one of them,seems odd they wouldnt announce it if he has signed.

doyen

Bench
Norths have revealed 4 signings on their facebook page and he isnt one of them,seems odd they wouldnt announce it if he has signed.

I read that Minute had his $90,000 contract torn up by the Dogs in August due to his lewd behaviour over the phone with one of the female employees at the club.
He in on a 12 month behaviour bond as a result of his day in court.

Maybe Sths decided to give him a miss!!

alien

Referee
Even if Roberts signs we probably won't win the comp in 2016.

We are missing a quality and experienced hooker.

Missing a very good second rower to do a role like Te'o did.

We are also missing a quality winger like Tuqiri.

I know we can't have all these things but if Roberts signs we can make the top 4.

i think one of mcinnes, cook, carter will step up and go well at dummy half

grevsmuhl could be similar to te'o

oldfield might go very well on the wing. if gray has got over his injury than even he might go well in the backline

if roberts signs, i think souths will be up there with the best teams. we should make the finals regardless

Latest posts