What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Damn. Dolphins utility Kurt Donoghue just resigned with them. I was keeping my eye on him. Great cash cow for next year @Ned Kelly
;)
Thanks for the tip. I am starting to plan for next year already. Then again I had a plan going into our league's finals and threw it all out one week before hence my crash and burn.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Have you been to the COE Ned?
All the hype about the joint seems to be a bit over the top as I can't see any physical improvement in our lads. Every other team's players look like athletes, big, strong and fast. Our boys look underdone. We have played out the full 80 two weeks running though.
Nah, I haven't seen the joint but a player having a look at it means they are at least thinking joining the Tigers is a possibility.

Nutz

Bench
Thanks for the tip. I am starting to plan for next year already. Then again I had a plan going into our league's finals and threw it all out one week before hence my crash and burn.
Get your little black book going.
I never really knew about Kini until he started killing it in your team. Do you know how much money he earned you?
Nows the time to start jotting down a few of these guys who catch your eye.
When Penrith sacked centre Taylan May I picked his replacement Casey McLean in my team at a cost of 250k.
After some terrific performances he is now worth 410k. He's recovering from a collarbone injury and he may not play again this year which should keep his price tag around 410-450k.
If you have several of these lads who increase in value you will have the money to trade them in on some superstars at the pointy end of the season.

Nutz

Bench
Daniel Saifiti off to Dolphins only if a transfer fee can be settled on. If not he'll stay at the Knights.

Tiger05

First Grade
Just watching Dolphins v Broncos, the Dolphins have run a couple of really nice set plays in the 20 tonight leading to tries, Benji should have a look. Averillo try and Farnsworth try. Nice plays and really well executed.

This is what I want to see the coaching staff do. They need to get something going defensively as well.

They have something to work with and they have to try and get the team they have performing as well as possible.

Tigerm

Coach
I hope the forwards are good enough to hold em, while the backs fold em.

The possible forwards for ‘25
Api
TDS
Pole
Seyfarth
Klemmer
Porter
Sa Fainu
Si Fainu
Johhanssen
Twal
*Horshack
*Hunt
*Hetherington

Backs
Luai
Galvin
Skelton
Olam
Bula
Tito
Staines
L Fainu
To’a
Faataape
*Bird

Is not a bad line up, plenty of competition for spots, for a change.
On one of the other sites, they are saying Bird, Horshack and a Cup forward (no name) from the eels have been signed?
Has anyone heard anything about this?

Nutz

Bench
This is what I want to see the coaching staff do. They need to get something going defensively as well.

They have something to work with and they have to try and get the team they have performing as well as possible.
Or maybe we should do something that Penrith do well and that's identifying a slow D edge and hammer it at different angles to get it to fold in, then put on plays. We should be a bit more patient.
We don't have to spread it wide on every 4-5th tackle...Galvin has been a bit too predictable in this depth.
Luai has a good kicking game so hopefully he'll know when 'hold them and when to fold them' ;)

Last edited: