What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No speed, no size, no pride

daslacker

Juniors
It's got nothing to do with pride IMO.

It comes down to skill,strength & structure.

We have a bit of skill just not in their class.
NO strength to match it with these teams.
Our attack isn't structured it's more happy go lucky

Suzie

Juniors
Famous1 said:
jason moodie, 2 weeks in a row.......... missed out on 1st tryscorer both in the first 1 minutes
That seems to knock the team's confidence, and they don't seem to recover.

WT2004 - hi, welcome. I agree with what yousaod about the ref - not blaming the ref for the loss, but geez, some of those decisions were a bit odd - even sterlo and fatty were questioning some calls - so they musta been bad :oops:

I just hope this isn't the start of the downhill slide for 2004. Come on guys! We're still here supporting you!

Gr8_1 I don'[t think there was no pride, I think that's a bit harsh. No options, no tactics, lack of skills, maybe, but not no pride - didn't you see Bryce and Skando? How about Halatau? How can you say he has no pride? Their pride is taking a beating, but I reckon it's still there.

phenisha

Juniors
both last week and this week we were good till a few calls didnt go our way then we just dropped our bundle, what i think it is, is mental toughness. the thing that is worrying is that the older players didnt really stand up in this department, most of the rest of the players a kids and can be partially forgiven i think

HappyTiger

Juniors
I dont think their was a lack of pride on display last night.For alott of the game the boys were trying really hard and did look good in attack.But when you continue to come up empty handed it does get you down.
Even for the first 25 min or so defensivley we looked solid,the Roosters were finidng it tough to break our line.And then on the back of some mystifying penalties and some great second phase play all hell broke loose just like it did against the Dragons.

Like last week im not prepared to jump to conclusions about where we are headed this season.I know we can make the 8 because 2 weeks ago we were playing like a top 8 team and lets just hope its a little bump in the road.Next week against canberra will give us a good idea of just how much damage has been done in the last 2 weeks.

innsaneink

Referee
daslacker said:

BULLSHIT!!!
.Ask any of the greats of the game if pride came into it when they played.
Lewis.
Fulton.
Churchill
R Gasnier.
Beetson.

Suzie

Juniors
HT & phenisha, I think you both have valid points. I am more disappointed in the loss this week, because I expected Sattler, O'Neill and Senter to help the younger guys settle down and not drop their bundle. i thought that was the missing ingredient from the Saints loss, however, it must be something else.

I hope they can get tehior stuff together for next week, because it's a long way home from Canberra and I think it will be the last chance to even stay in touch with the 8 :(

gr8_1

Juniors
Someone shoot me cause I dont have the same opinion as others all the time.
Next time I will read everything and just agree I think.

I still stand by what I typed last night.
If people dont agree - dont really care.

Suzie

Juniors
Some people agree with you, some people don't Gr8_1, that's life. Good on you for standing by what you wrote, but don't get all shirty because I stand by what I said too, and I don't happen to agree with you.

gr8_1

Juniors
Did I get shitty with you ? Havent replied to anything you said.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Thats why its called a forum.

Wilks

Juniors
Suzie said:
not blaming the ref for the loss, but geez, some of those decisions were a bit odd - even sterlo and fatty were questioning some calls - so they musta been bad :oops:

Mander just did what any ref does these days - if its 50/50 its easier to give the decision to the glory boys. Sheens will say nothing.

Given the crap decsions we've copped this year maybe its time to employ somebody as a consultant to referees.

In todays game momentum is critical. I dont blame Mander for losing but he sure stifled the momentum we had in the first 15 minutes with some pretty dodgy calls.

daslacker

Juniors
innsaneink said:
daslacker said:

bullsh*t!!!
.Ask any of the greats of the game if pride came into it when they played.
Lewis.
Fulton.
Churchill
R Gasnier.
Beetson.

Na what i meant was i think we show pride in our jeresy.We just sorely
miss those 3 other things.