What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Superleague on Fox?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wait, it's my fault for you lying about the thread title?

Mate, come on, grow up.

Maybe as a member of the forum, you could do the right thing and not make 2 identical threads in two different forums, both with the same misleading title.

Then I wouldn't have to moderate anything.

Novel idea.

I dont blame you, I am grateful for your vigilance lol.
But as a common courtesy I think if mods are going to alter posts then they should notify the poster. Maybe something you'd like to consider in your guidelines?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont blame you, I am grateful for your vigilance lol.
But as a common courtesy I think if mods are going to alter posts then they should notify the poster. Maybe something you'd like to consider in your guidelines?
I give an explanation where required. I put the question mark there as a courtesy to you.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haha, yes because of two competitions, one that does exist and one that doesn't, it is natural for the Fox employee to think I was asking if they had rights to show a sporting competition this year that doesn't exist and probably never will?
Soccer fans have probably enquired about it.

Again, I'm giving you a plausible explanation which would allow you to back out of this without looking silly, given the facts put forward show that you are wrong, and yet you are choosing to argue with me.

It's like you are hitting yourself on the head with a hammer in the hope that it'll squash the stupid bit of your brain, leaving only the smart bits left.

Keep at it!

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Can someone call up Uncle Rupert and get to the bottom of this
Call up Uncle Rupert!, honestly if there wasn't $$$$ in it for him he couldn't care less about League, he's originally from Adelaide so he would be quite into AwFuL, while his son would probably prefer it too!.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Soccer fans have probably enquired about it.

Again, I'm giving you a plausible explanation which would allow you to back out of this without looking silly, given the facts put forward show that you are wrong, and yet you are choosing to argue with me.

It's like you are hitting yourself on the head with a hammer in the hope that it'll squash the stupid bit of your brain, leaving only the smart bits left.

Keep at it!

Why would they? Every soccer fan would know its a pipe dream by a select few clubs that FIFA will never sanction. Why would anyone be inquiring if Fox had the rights to a pipedream?

If the Fox staffer really did think I was inquiring about them showing a non existent soccer comp then they are dumb as rocks. And surely they wouldnt have said they hadnt acquired the live rights this year, they would have said we dont have the rights as the competition doesnt exist?

Back out of what? I restated direct from the horses mouth. Its not like I have anything to back out of. Fox were incorrect, its great news, move on!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why would they? Every soccer fan would know its a pipe dream by a select few clubs that FIFA will never sanction. Why would anyone be inquiring if Fox had the rights to a pipedream?

If the Fox staffer really did think I was inquiring about them showing a non existent soccer comp then they are dumb as rocks. And surely they wouldnt have said they hadnt acquired the live rights this year, they would have said we dont have the rights as the competition doesnt exist?

Back out of what? I restated direct from the horses mouth. Its not like I have anything to back out of. Fox were incorrect, its great news, move on!
You keep saying "Fox staffer" - you mean Foxtel staffer.

Foxtel have a billion* channels to look after and don't directly manage rights agreements for the channels, that falls to Fox Sports in this case. It's not unrealistic that the foxtel stooge didn't understand your question, particularly given you used terminology that wouldn't have been familiar to them.

Either way you still presented what you said as fact despite doing no other research than asking a customer service person on FB.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

We've all moved on from your hysteria and lies.

You're the only still trying to justify this mythical story.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What I stated was fact, that Foxtel had told me that they weren't covering Superleague, that is a fact. It is also now known to be a fact that they were wrong and are merkins who dont know what rights they are spending their money on. But whatever, if it makes you feel good keep on keeping on.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What I stated was fact, that Foxtel had told me that they weren't covering Superleague, that is a fact. It is also now known to be a fact that they were wrong and are merkins who dont know what rights they are spending their money on. But whatever, if it makes you feel good keep on keeping on.
Because you asked Foxtel, the parent company of Fox Sports who don't directly negotiate the rights.

You did zero other research to substantiate the position and presented it as fact to two different boards here rather than asking the question. Own it and move on

The Partisan

Out of curiosity if one was to cancel their Foxtel subscription, could they still watch the SL games via another format ?

More importantly would there be any availability of a recording capability via an alternative format ?

Would miss my Saturday morning fix of SL (watched live or via recording) if no feasible ( and technical dinosaur friendly !) option is available.

jim_57

Staff member
Out of curiosity if one was to cancel their Foxtel subscription, could they still watch the SL games via another format ?

More importantly would there be any availability of a recording capability via an alternative format ?

Would miss my Saturday morning fix of SL (watched live or via recording) if no feasible ( and technical dinosaur friendly !) option is available.

Kayo sports had Super League listed in their content I believe. Not sure if that fits in "technical dinosaur friendly" but if you have wifi and a smart phone, smart tv or computer/laptop you should be able to set it up.

Pommy

Coach

Works perfect on Kayo with their on demand footage but you need a device capable of getting it on to your TV. I use an Apple TV (it’s just a box not and actual TV) and can’t recomend it enough.

Latest posts