What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Team as yet???

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Belly actually reminds me a bit of Dorothy the Dinosaur, especially side on.

dazeely

First Grade
Fui has nothing on my old mate Belly.

70234.jpg

Parramatta Eels near full-strength in Battle of the West

Thursday, 18 February 2010
Coach Daniel Anderson has named a full-strength squad for the Parramatta Eels’ second trial of 2010 against the Penrith Panthers in the Battle of the West Cup, with Timana Tahu the only name missing through a two-match suspension.
The Eels will travel out to CUA Stadium in Penrith on Saturday night, with the game kicking off at 7.30pm. Toyota Cup plays at 5.15pm and NSW Cup at 3.00pm.
Former Dragon Justin Poore will make his debut for the Parramatta Eels and will battle with Fuifui Moimoi, Nathan Cayless and Tim Mannah for starting spots in the front row for the club’s Round 1 game against his former club.
Competition is fierce in the forwards this season at the Parramatta Eels, as Poore’s fellow new recruit Shane Shackleton will again line up this week after an excellent pre-season debut for the club last weekend.
Coach Anderson’s selection dilemma is no easier in the backs, with Luke Burt, Eric Grothe, Krisnan Inu and Joel Reddy keen to make an impression before Timana Tahu returns from a two-year hiatus next week.
In the halves Anderson needs to fir three into two, with last year’s incumbents Daniel Mortimer and Jeff Robson fighting off a fit and injury-free Kris Keating.
Blues representative Poore is looking forward to his first game in the Blue & Gold and is not daunted by the competition he is facing for a starting spot in the side.
“I’m really excited about playing my first game for the club. I love being here and I’ve fitted in straight away because they’re a great bunch of blokes,” Poore says.
“We’ve got a great side and we’re almost full-strength for this game so we’ll all be putting in a big effort to try and win our spot for Round 1.”
Parramatta Eels squad for ‘Battle of the West’ against Penrith Panthers.
Luke Burt
Nathan Cayless
Eric Grothe
Jarryd Hayne
Nathan Hindmarsh
Krisnan Inu
Kris Keating
Matt Keating
Tim Mannah
Feleti Mateo
Fuifui Moimoi
Daniel Mortimer
Justin Poore
Joel Reddy
Jeff Robson
Shane Shackleton
Ben Smith

Toyota Cup Team
1. Jaydin Tavita/Fred Latulipe
2. Thomas Vandermade/Daniel Tupou
3. Rory Brien/Josh Tuitupou
4. Ken Sio
5. Ryan Morgan
6. TK Amosa/Brett Lahey
7. Dan Cross/Josh Murray
8. Ava Seumanufagi/Tua Taulupapa
9. Daniel Galati
10. Peni Terepo/Tonu Taulupapa
11. Pat O’Hanlon/Thomas Young
12. David Thomas/Solo Lasalo
13. Royce Hura/Shaun Vaotuua
14. Tim Crellin
15. Boyd Brown/Tavita Kaci
16. Jorge Tafua/Jordan Tukere
17. PJ Asiata/Fred Lang Siu
18. Phil Nati
19. Brad Graham
20. Krys Freeman
21. Keith Wicks

Wentworthville NSW Cup Team
1. Tom Humble
2. Tim Mortimer
3. Mark Luland
4. Jonathan Wright
5. Etu Uaisele
6. Mark O'Grady
7. Brendan Waters
8. Mitch Allgood
9. Anthony Mitchell
10. Pele Peletelese
11. Justin Horo
12. Taniela Lasalo
13. Tim Robinson
14. Tyrone Shelley
15. Blake Blackburn
16. Nathan Armit
17. Brent Rae-Millar
18. Domenic Nasso
19. Joel Latham
20. Danny Howard
http://www.parraeels.com.au/default...eels-near-full-strength-in-battle-of-the-west

bartman

Immortal
That's an awesome team line-up - well worth the wait :lol:.

Inu - - Tahu is probably the only thing that makes it "near full strength"?

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought they usually name more than 17 for a trial.

Interesting that in Wenty that Tom Humble is at fullback.

What are the halves like?

6. Mark O'Grady
7. Brendan Waters

parra pete

Referee
The Panthers have a good team also. I wouldn't be writing them off as a potential finalist in 2010.

parra pete

Referee
I thought they usually name more than 17 for a trial.

Interesting that in Wenty that Tom Humble is at fullback.

What are the halves like?

6. Mark O'Grady
7. Brendan Waters

Oh lord it must be hard to be Tommy, with all that expectation on him....

yy_cheng

Coach
Hayne's replacement during the origin series? Yes, yes i know, Burty is more likely but still.

That's why I made a question mark of it?

We can have Reddy, Burt, INU as possible FB replacement and most likely if Hayne makes origin INU will slot to wing and Burt to FB.

+ we've signed Hayne for another 4 years, he's not going anywhere, neither I think Burt or Reddy.

I reckon Humble's best chance to get a run on is 14 and possibly the halves if both KK and Mortz sign elsewhere.

That's also why I asked about the Wenty halves.

But some idiot can't read between the lines :D

bartman

Immortal
Surely Hayne will be Origin fullback this season... I'm not sure he's deserved it at mid-season stage in previous season, but just basic consistency for the first part of the year should see him earn the #1 jersey.

As for Tom Humble stepping up as fullback during origin... :lol:. Burt will handle it nicely, but to be honest I would rather see Burt instill confidence in someone younger like Inu coming up from Wenty and having a go, and benefitting from Burt's positioning experience and on-field instructions that helped Jarryd make the adjustment.

mickdo

Coach
Surely Hayne will be Origin fullback this season... I'm not sure he's deserved it at mid-season stage in previous season, but just basic consistency for the first part of the year should see him earn the #1 jersey.

Yeah, with Gidley injured and moving to 5/8 by the sound of things, and Stewart having a court case hanging over his head, it's really Hayne's to lose from here I think

As for Tom Humble stepping up as fullback during origin... :lol:.

:lol: Yes, I'd love to see the odds on that one!

Latest posts