What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

Loudstrat

Coach
He's being honest.

Non-Eels fans, a quick question: list any of the 17 players that ran out in Eels jerseys last night that you personally would be glad to have in your squad somewhere.

I will take a stab and say that Hayne, Mannah, Loko and maybe Sandow would be the only ones getting votes.

We have a terrible squad.
:lol::lol: at the brainless geniuss blaming Sticky. We are going better than last year, when we had Hindy and Burt in the side. This time last year we were just spanked by the team that eventually came second last.

But yeah - it's all Sticky...........:crazy:

You do realise that Kearney coached sides have won about 6 games since the 2008 World Cup Final?

Mr Fourex

Bench
:lol::lol: at the brainless geniuss blaming Sticky. We are going better than last year, when we had Hindy and Burt in the side. This time last year we were just spanked by the team that eventually came second last.

But yeah - it's all Sticky...........:crazy:

Yeah that's true ......this time last year I think the Eels fans were already boycotting going to their home games.

At least it hasn't gotten to that yet.....;-)

*Paul*

Juniors
The Cowboys made the GF in 2005 after having two 50s stuck on them during the season. Hope for the Squeels yet.

I think the most interesting figure is : Chris Sandow, $550,000 per annum.

FLMAO.

Hand shandies all round at Parramatta when Sandow was signed.

Hand shandies all round when Ricky Stuart was signed too.

Eels fans didn't want to listen to Sharks or LOL@Souffs fans about the apparent failings of their 1/2 and coach. Souffs fans just 'bitter'.

Chris Sandow worst defender for 3-odd years in the NRL at Souffs, but come to Parramatta and we'll instantly teach you how to defend.

2010's Parramatta are the Souffs of the 00's. Amazing to think they made a GF only a few years ago.

Noa

First Grade
Whats funny is those Parra posters who honestly felt Kearney was all that was wrong with thier club and thought they were getting an upgrade.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think the most interesting figure is : Chris Sandow, $550,000 per annum.

FLMAO.

Hand shandies all round at Parramatta when Sandow was signed.

Hand shandies all round when Ricky Stuart was signed too.

Eels fans didn't want to listen to Sharks or LOL@Souffs fans about the apparent failings of their 1/2 and coach. Souffs fans just 'bitter'.

Chris Sandow worst defender for 3-odd years in the NRL at Souffs, but come to Parramatta and we'll instantly teach you how to defend.

2010's Parramatta are the Souffs of the 00's. Amazing to think they made a GF only a few years ago.

Who claimed he was going to learn to defend?

Most of us were happy with Sandow's signing because he's a dangerous ball-runner who has a good kicking game. Last time we had a halfback with a good kicking game was back in '07 with Tim Smith...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Whats funny is those Parra posters who honestly felt Kearney was all that was wrong with thier club and thought they were getting an upgrade.

There is nothing funny about this situation for Eels fans. It's actually embarrassing - how did they let things get this bad in the first place?

blaza88z

Coach
Stuart's always been a mighty fine speaker in front of the media but his results at club level paint the real picture, sure he won a premiership but I would say that success was based off of what had happened in the previous years when he wasn't in charge

Just watch him when he gets interviewed, most coaches don't want to say anything more then they have to when asked a question, him on the other hand, you can't shut him up, he needs a job in the media or something

There is nothing funny about this situation for Eels fans. It's actually embarrassing - how did they let things get this bad in the first place?

With a wife who is an Eels supporter, we often ask ourselves the same question.

You're now in the cycle of having to pay overs for half decent first graders or the odd damaged former superstar in the hope that their 'experience' will rub off on the team.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think he's been very good for us in a badly beaten side (aside from his tackling).

He has been, any one thinking he was going to learn how to tackle has rocks in there head. He can hit and hope those around him will clean up mess, but he aint even got that now with the shoulder charge gone.

Sticky putting him out on the wing on our goal line was hardly a master stroke though.

Eelementary

Post Whore
With a wife who is an Eels supporter, we often ask ourselves the same question.

You're now in the cycle of having to pay overs for half decent first graders or the odd damaged former superstar in the hope that their 'experience' will rub off on the team.

The club needs an attitude adjustment from the top down - even our Holden Cup team has poor attitudes and discipline.

Time will tell if Stuart and Edwards can turn this rabble into a success. I, for one, hope so, but my head says, "Not possible for a long, long time."

Eelementary

Post Whore
He has been, any one thinking he was going to learn how to tackle has rocks in there head. He can hit and hope those around him will clean up mess, but he aint even got that now with the shoulder charge gone.

Sticky putting him out on the wing on our goal line was hardly a master stroke though.

That's been the toughest thing - where do you hide Sandow in defence?

So far the two best suggestions I have read (in my opinion, of course) are:

* in the middle of the ruck, with props and a hooker to cover him (less space and more bodies to cover for him should help; but conversely, having him defend directly against big forwards is a bad idea); and

* have him defend either at fullback, or as a "second fullback" 5 metres behind the actual play (it means our defensive line is one man short, but we are generally using a compressed defence anyway, so it could work).

But just because of his attacking ability he definitely needs to be in our squad. Also, his kicking game is first class.