What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

johns_reds

First Grade
If souths win can we just change the title to “No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 57pts in a regular season match”

Nope doesn’t feel the same 😢

I really don’t want to cheer on panthers

mxlegend99

Referee
History says neither team can win.

Souths have the 50 point curse.

Panthers have a coach who cant win it. I recall a stat popping up somewhere that no coach has ever won their first premiership after 300 games IIRC.

Regardless of the winner. Average coaches or teams will be able to enjoy the fact one of these teams has proven it possible to win with either an average coach or a 50 point loss in a season.

RedVDave

First Grade

Panthers have a coach who cant win it. I recall a stat popping up somewhere that no coach has ever won their first premiership after 300 games IIRC.

Regardless of the winner. Average coaches or teams will be able to enjoy the fact one of these teams has proven it possible to win with either an average coach or a 50 point loss in a season.
I think it was over 250 games from memory, but that stat doesn't bring nearly as much joy as this one does.

GongPanther

Referee
If Penrith defend the way they have the past 2 weeks Souths won't get near them. Record is safe.
The Panthers have rarely given up more than 12 points at full strength. An average of 12 points last year (11.9 to be precise) and 12 points this year ( 11.91 to be precise). Taking into account the stern defensive efforts this year, coupled with the other obvious things factored in most notably that we are playing with a sense of redemption, which IMO is the strongest drive that is motivating us.

When you add everything up, I honestly cannot see us losing this GF.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Panthers have rarely given up more than 12 points at full strength. An average of 12 points last year (11.9 to be precise) and 12 points this year ( 11.91 to be precise). Taking into account the stern defensive efforts this year, coupled with the other obvious things factored in most notably that we are playing with a sense of redemption, which IMO is the strongest drive that is motivating us.

When you add everything up, I honestly cannot see us losing this GF.
We average 11.9 points against us.

But we haven't scored more than that through the finals. Our defence is premiership quality. Definitely.

Our attack has struggled to click since Origin. Put on points against a few reserve grade quality sides. But otherwise its just not clicking for us. We will definitely do everything we can to win. But Souths attack is in better form than ours and their defence is greatly improved over the Souths side we put 50 on. We only managed one try against them in week 1 of finals

Apey

Staff member

At least we could write the 50 point curse off due to Vlandysball. How can we write the coach one off?

Jono078

Referee
Massive pressure on the Panthers to maintain the 50 point streak.

If they fail, every fan of a team that is thrashed by 50+ points moving forward will be clamoring they have just started their premiership run..

Latest posts