What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO to Mason!!!

EGGG

Juniors
I would hate to see a person of this character at this club and I will never go to another home game as long as he is a rooster.

Why are we sourcing our players from the bulldogs? Call me stubborn but I would play with a team of local juniors and lose with dignity rather than win with the likes of Mason and his like.

People like Mason are not what this club is about.

Monk

Referee
EGGG said:
I would hate to see a person of this character at this club and I will never go to another home game as long as he is a rooster.

Why are we sourcing our players from the bulldogs? Call me stubborn but I would play with a team of local juniors and lose with dignity rather than win with the likes of Mason and his like.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
although masons pressence would well, "boost" our fwd pack...
i think that all the hype about this is in everysingle players head...
and they all could be thinking....
"if masin comes, will i be the one to leave"
and i would really hate to see any player leave

EGGG

Juniors
Well said, I wish Politis would just come out tomorrow and issue a public statement stating they have absolutely no interest in Mason and end this circus once and for all.

I think Freddie has handled this situation extremely poorly. He's pretty much showing he has no confidence in the current squad with his interest in acquiring Mason. Freddie should let the team gel for a year and if his coaching skills are up to it theres no reason why the team shouldnt improve on last year.

This is why I want Ricko in the front office. Somebody who truly understands the culture of the Roosters wouldnt get caught up in this Mason nonsense and would have put out the fire before there was smoke.

watatank

Coach
EGGG said:

lol if the roosters team was based on their juniors they would get the spoon every year

adamkungl

Immortal
EGGG said:

Local juniors = 4 clubs. Compared to most other clubs 20-30. You clearly know sweet f**k all about stuff like this. No wonder other clubs claim Roosters fans are disloyal when this is the sort of crap some come out with. Seriously, you just said you would rather not win. In that case, don't come to home games. The rest of us would prefer fans that actually support the players wearing the jersey. The Roosters are bigger than any player, the Roosters are about success, and if Mason will help us to return to success, then I'm all for it, as long as he plays well and shuts up. Did you have a huge moan about Anasta coming as well, only to change your tune when week after week he was one of the few showing the passion and heart the red white and blue deserves? How about Fittler? Unruly Penrith teenager, comes back from the offseason unfit and arrogant to get blasted by Gould back in his younger years. Would we want someone like him at the club? Stop bitching and support the red white and blue, Mason or not. I prefer Mason on the simple basis that he will at least turn up to games, whereas you will not. Go Easts.

EGGG

Juniors
You say we don't have any locals, I say we have had enough to win 1000 GAMES before anyone else.

The current lack of direction at the club is appalling, there is no long term plan nor a set culture. Its all based on short term fixes through signing whoever is the biggest name out there regardless of whether he is fit to wear the Rooster colours.

How about developing a team consisted mostly of eastern suburbs locals who actually feel loyalty and passion for the colours. Sure the talent pool we choose from is not as deep as some others, but what is lacking is talent will be more than compensated for through teamwork and determination. Ricko wasn't the biggest or fastest guy around, but don't tell me a team of 17 Luke Ricketsons wouldn't be better than what we have today.

I'm sick of seeing this player merry go round every year, I'm sick of seeing every second drunken lout kicked off his team being linked to the Roosters. Its time for some stability and end this humiliation.

adamkungl

Immortal
EGGG said:
You say we don't have any locals, I say we have had enough to win 1000 GAMES before anyone else.

The current lack of direction at the club is appalling, there is no long term plan nor a set culture. Its all based on short term fixes through signing whoever is the biggest name out there regardless of whether he is fit to wear the Rooster colours.

How about developing a team consisted mostly of eastern suburbs locals who actually feel loyalty and passion for the colours. Sure the talent pool we choose from is not as deep as some others, but what is lacking is talent will be more than compensated for through teamwork and determination. Ricko wasn't the biggest or fastest guy around, but don't tell me a team of 17 Luke Ricketsons wouldn't be better than what we have today.

I'm sick of seeing this player merry go round every year, I'm sick of seeing every second drunken lout kicked off his team being linked to the Roosters. Its time for some stability and end this humiliation.

Seriously, we have FOUR local clubs. We don't even have a competition, they play in the Souths Juniors comp. We won 1000 games buy scouting the best talent we could find, its been like that for decades and always will be. Not as deep? Our local talent pool is a puddle in an ocean! We have four clubs. Bondi United, Clovelly, Paddington Woollahara, and St Charles Waverley. Compared to Souths and Parra 24 each. We simply can not compete with juniors. And unlike yourself, the rest of the fans aren't content with "losing with dignity." There is no dignity in wooden spoons, and that's what we'd be claiming year after year if we tried to build a team of local juniors.
How can you say we have no direction. For the first time in 3 years we do! We have a new coach, a Rooster legend, arguably (with some helpful bias) the best player of the last 15 years, and a brilliant football mind, who is finally getting the best out of our players. The club has moved its HQ to the SFS, and is aiming to get memberships up on the back of Fittler and the club's youth policy, as well as trying to get a couple of experienced, touch props to give us some strength and help bring the younger blokes through. For the first time since Fittler retired we have a halves combination that looks the goods, with Jnr Jnr just 18 and sure to improve out of sight, and Anasta in career best form. Looks like a positive direction to me. Wake up and see that the next 2 years are going to be big for Easts.

Seth Gecko

Juniors
I recon take him....... Hard to believe a Roosters supporter would take the moral high ground. Your club is the most soulless of them all. Why not get a world class player?

Monk

Referee
Seth Gecko said:
I recon take him....... Hard to believe a Roosters supporter would take the moral high ground. Your club is the most soulless of them all. Why not get a world class player?

shut up,
roosters have the talet to win, easy with freddy at the helm...
we need stability and if mason comes anything could happen...
mason or no mason i would still support the roosters...

plus, freddy is the coach not mason...
and roosters wouldnt implode if mason lost his cool...
morley did it all the time (however his was on not off the feild)

however i do not wish mason on our club

dragons74

Juniors
Harrison punted t the Titans from the roosters, Mason to be signed bythe Roosters as reported on fox sports

RWB

Bench
When Mason holds up the trophy none of you will be whinging. Compared to a person who we nearly signed Mason is a saint. Forget what the media portray him as, he is an acquisition to any team.

punton

Juniors
RWB said:
When Mason holds up the trophy none of you will be whinging. Compared to a person who we nearly signed Mason is a saint. Forget what the media portray him as, he is an acquisition to any team.

ROTFPMSL. :lol: :lol:

This is going in my sig.

You poor dumb rooster fuctard. :crazy: :lol:

RWB

Bench
punton said:
ROTFPMSL. :lol: :lol:

This is going in my sig.

You poor dumb rooster fuctard. :crazy: :lol:

Hurry up and put in your "sig" already, it will make you feel 'cool' I'm sure :roll:

Smartman

Juniors
RWB said:

The biggest knob trophy?

Why not for the centenary year! :cool:

Seth Gecko

Juniors
Oh come the f**k on. Take him.

The Roosters are the most vacuous, soulless and mercenary team in the NRL..... and thats a big call from a Manly supporter. Take him and watch him get your club back in the game. All good. Dont become the departure lounge again. He's perfect for you.
Its footy.