What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noddy to Roosters ?

coolumsharkie

Referee
sharkadelic said:
As Long as we get rid of Noddy and his crappy tactics, I dont care if this nefarious plot was hatched back in 1492. F*ck off Noddy.

I still think Anderson was an agent of all that hate our club to sabotage it. Noddy is the last lingering cancer.

:clap:

Inferno

Coach
Sideline Eye said:
Nuts might have known about AndO!!!
Do u really think a deal was done at the Roosters in just 2 days??? Try the last 3 months.

Im not so sure about that SLE

you read Gus's article last night in the paper?
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/how-wayne-bennett-betrayed-roosters/2006/09/16/1158334728929.html

Gus is full of sh*t, but really a lot of it makes sense.

That said, this could become a huge sh*t fight depending on Bennetts reaction. It wouldn't surprise me if he did agree months ago given that he didn't come out and openly deny it.

sharkisland

Juniors
If anyone thinks that getting rid of noddy will solve all of our problems they are seriously deluded. Our problems are much, much, deeper than this and are caused by people much, much higher in the club. All this noddy bashing is gettin ridiculous.

tye

Juniors
Noddy at the moment is the only player at our club who can individualy turn a game, he is our star player. Although he didnt have the greatest season he puts in 100% every week. He has to much pressure on his shoulders and nobody is prepared to step up and help him out week in. Seymour and kearney are NOT going to win us a premiership. Kimmorly & Seymour would be a much better halves combo in my opinion.

cheese

Bench
tye said:
He has to much pressure on his shoulders and nobody is prepared to step up and help him out week in.

ffs mate .....this line is a forum favourite for the nodomites of this world.

I used to trot it out on a weekly basis back in 03

But face the facts ......

Noddy is a sh*t merkin

Sharkforever

Juniors
shame shame shame . You all want to get rid of the Club Captain and still one of the top half backs in the game . I agree that he may need to really look at changing his playing style for next year as he doesn't seem to have the players that could punch holes and play at the line like he did at Melbourne . But please don't suggest we'd be a threat next year with a souths reject and a broncos serial sinner ??? We are in real trouble if that's the case!

Inferno

Coach
That souths Reject was one of our best this year.

and as for Kimmorley being on of the top halfbacks in the game, how come he couldn't make Origin for NSW despite being about 5 or 6 unavailable. Face it he is past it mate, and the sooner we cut him the sooner we can move forward. What makes you think he can change his style if he couldn't this year?

Also what has being a Souths reject or a "serial sinner" got to do with how they play the game?

cheese

Bench
sharksforever really needs to ease up on the purple ohms, or atleast be kind enough to share

Dont be surprised in 2007, with Ricky as coach, that the halves, could have some surprises, Ricky gives youngsters a go if they show promise, a bolter for 5/8 would be Ryan Carr, playing hooker Flegg, and 5/8 Endeavour High, already has been u17 nsw rep

Inferno

Coach
Back on topic, it would seem as though the Chooks might not be the only club interested in Noddy.

http://www.sharksforever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7337
17 September 2006
The Sunday Telegraph

Tim Sheens last night admitted Wests Tigers might be interested in taking Brett Kimmorley off Cronulla's hands -- but only at the right price.

The Sharks halfback is a close friend of coach Chris Anderson, whose signing to the Roosters on Friday led to immediate speculation Kimmorley might be headed to Bondi Junction.

Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan ruled that out. But Sheens refused to "confirm or deny" interest in Kimmorley, although he imagined the cost would be "prohibitive".

But Sheens said: "As far as whether we're interested in [the former Test half], I would neither confirm nor deny it at this stage.

"Anyone would be interested in a player like him but I would imagine the cost would be prohibitive. We're interested in any quality player, but ..."

Insiders say that while Kimmorley is popular in the shire and highly regarded as a player, his $425,000 annual fee is seen as the ticket to funding the cleanout many are pushing for.

Even if the Sharks contributed to a Kimmorley contract at the Tigers, the money saved would help them sign Ricky Stuart as coach and upgrade the contract of NSW lock Paul Gallen, who has asked for a release.

But when asked if there was any prospect of the playmaker not being at the club next season, Cronulla chief executive Greg Pierce said: "No."

"This is the sixth or seventh call I've received on this issue and the only people saying it are the media. Neither Brett nor his manager has come to me."

Not really a ringing endorsement from GP.

Since 73

First Grade
I don't have any sources or insiders (real or otherwise) so this is pure guesswork.

Noddy will definately end up at the Rorters.
Ando, for all his faults, knows one thing about coaching a top rate football side.
You need a top playmaker.
Ando knows they may well go into next season with Anasta at 5/8 and that young nameless bloke at 7, but they will miss the 8.
And Ando isn't about to let his reputation slide further.

Without a top 7 you simply don't play in September. Although some coaches prefer to have their main man at 6 as with the likes of Thurston, Marshall or Lockyer.

Any premiership or Australian side Ando has coached he has head-hunted the best man he could.
Recent years it's been Noddy. Noddy understands Opes's game plans and strategies better than anyone and in fact still plays by them.

Ando would no more go into next season with that young Rorters half as he would Preston Campbell.

First thing Ando did when coming to us - get BK.
First thing he'll do at Rorters - get BK.
The FIRST thing.

The Noddy deal will be done before October 1.

Sharkforever

Juniors
Inferno said:
That souths Reject was one of our best this year.

and as for Kimmorley being on of the top halfbacks in the game, how come he couldn't make Origin for NSW despite being about 5 or 6 unavailable. Face it he is past it mate, and the sooner we cut him the sooner we can move forward. What makes you think he can change his style if he couldn't this year?

Also what has being a Souths reject or a "serial sinner" got to do with how they play the game?
ok... maybe I came across a bit hard on Kearney . He did play well at times and seem to enjoy the change of club . Kimmorley's reputation has taken a battering at the hands of people like Ricky Stuart(when he was NSW coach) and his FORMER mate:crazy: Phil Gould . They couldn't stand Kimmorley or Anderson . Ironic that Anderson is the new coach at the Roosters and I have it on good authority that Ricky Stuart will be announced as Cronulla coach within a fortnight offically. Whether we agree or not about what Kimmorley has to offer the Sharks next year , I don't think it will matter simply because he won't be playing with us if Stuart is coach . If Kimmorley was finished he wouldn't still be getting offers from other clubs would he ?

Let me say this in fiinishing .... if you thought this year was bad .. wait for next year if Kimmorley does leave ! The spoon maybe the only reward next year . YOU CANNOT WIN A COMP WITHOUT A GREAT no.7 . There is no-one better available than Kimmorley for us right now . Let the guy playout his contract as our club captain and earn his money unlike the dribblers we have taking up space on the board .

Since 73

First Grade
SF, take a look at the table on the left.
Where did we come?
Third Last!
And...we set a new record for consecutive losses.

What the hell do you think Kimmorely would do next year that he couldn't this year. Plus he's another year older.
For 2 years he has stagnated our attack.
When he runs the plays we do not score points simple as that.

Look at the table!!!!!
Third last!!!!!!
You want more of that????

We all know you can't win a comp without a top half, that's why we don't want the one we have.

Latest posts