What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations thread.

Frenzy.

Immortal
And a Pom hate to rival R2D2.
I wonder if Rothfield has done any "research" ie: hit the search button

Yeah. Pom hate. Love for TTG. Love for The Limmo. Says Sean Ryan was the worst Shark ever.

Football isn't his strong suit.

Just a recap

From things posted here and there and a bit of research I'm doing seems like we have, on this Unity Ticket

McConnell - President of De La from 2006-2012 and a current VP
McCarthy - ex Shark out of De La Salle juniors
Keough - ? kids played at De La
Airey - Talks a lot about his Engadine days but have heard he is a De La wanna be.
Dunphy - pivotal in raising the funds for the building of the De La clubhouse

In the background there is the puppeteer of the Unity ticket Mr P Rothfield who is a current De La Salle committee member

Oh yeah, this is looking real good.:sarcasm:

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
Wrong Paul McCarthy. This one went to DLS a few years before the other one. Never played league in his life.

Both Bolderman's are ok, but not sure I'd want the younger one on the board. Very much doubt they'll be elected though.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Yeah, curios to know why the dislike for DLS?
Is it just the tribalism of local teams or is there more to it?

BTW, Glenn Gorrick is as good a bloke as you will ever meet. Heart the size of Phar Lap.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Whoever asked about the De LA relationship, there is lots to it. The infighting that has happened to the Sharks over the years, in particular to player recruitment & junior development has caused many rifts & has ensured our club stays broke.
From a DE La Salle perspective, the Sharks are their ticket, at the expense of all other Shire clubs.
What appears to be happening now is what happened in the 70's or 80's last time they made a push for control. It cost the club dearly.
Gow did not use De La connections when he was in control & it surpirses me now that he has. I may be wrong on that account.
What we need here is a comment from the presidents of the other shire leagues clubs on what they think about the control push of the Cronulla Sharks, by DE LA Salle.
I think most would be unprintable.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Whoever asked about the De LA relationship, there is lots to it. The infighting that has happened to the Sharks over the years, in particular to player recruitment & junior development has caused many rifts & has ensured our club stays broke.
From a DE La Salle perspective, the Sharks are their ticket, at the expense of all other Shire clubs.
What appears to be happening now is what happened in the 70's or 80's last time they made a push for control. It cost the club dearly.
Gow did not use De La connections when he was in control & it surpirses me now that he has. I may be wrong on that account.
What we need here is a comment from the presidents of the other shire leagues clubs on what they think about the control push of the Cronulla Sharks, by DE LA Salle.

Cheers, so ....factions ? Fighting for control?
That's where maybe the board/committee should have delegates from numerous clubs?
Similar happened years ago in StGDJRLFC. Does nothing to gather support from grass roots.

Fitzy2513

Juniors
Well next time you see him socially, you can ask, then report back?

Spoke with Cobby (Peter Cobb), he was in the process of signing up, just awaiting authorization to come in here. So if you are interested he will be open and honest.

Just on De La. I played A Grade with Gymea in the early/mid 90's we had a gun front rower who couldn't get a start with the Sharks, why ? Gymea not De La. And if my memory serves me correctly. A Sharks and Gorrilla legend resigned from the sharks board because of it.

Panda Power 78

Juniors

Barry Pierce's sons all went to DLS , he was on the board in Gow's time.
He's also good mates with Principal John Maguire.

The DLS connection - & I'm not making a judgement here either way - goes way back to the '70s , right through the '80s (ET , Docko , Massey , Gibson) to the point in the late '90s where it seemed every local junior in the team went to DLS (ET , Dykes , Pierce , Graham , Treister , Raper , Sammut , Lang) - there were other locals like Healey , Best , & Howland but De La seemed to get a good run.

It all seemed to die out once ET & Lang left & possibly Endeavour Sports taking over as the major League school in the shire but there was still a presence in S.Raper as coach & players like Dave Simmons.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Just out of curiosity, have you compared the 'experience and business success' of that group versus the current? Or you only looking at the one group?

Stuff, no I haven't compared them. Simply stating I was impressed with the guy's business success in that group. I know nothing about the DLS dramas of the past, and whether this group have a hidden DLS agenda (I'm guessing no one here would know that for sure).

It seems the Unity group are answering some of the questions which have been raised here..

OLYMPIAN Damian Keogh's bid to become Cronulla chairman has hit an eligibility hurdle as neither he nor six other members of the nine-man Sharks Unity ticket are football club members. Sin Bin understands the high-profile group were informed of the ineligibility problems on Thursday and are now expected to dump a number of candidates as five of the nine directors on the Cronulla board must be football club members. As a result, Dino Mezzatesta, an executive with the Accor hotel group, has been nominated to stand for Sharks Unity against chairman Glenn Coleman for the position but the odds also appear to be against him as the most seats the group could win is six, including all four leagues club seats. With nominations for the election already closed, the group are expected to try to form an alliance with other candidates, who include former Sharks stars Mark McGaw and Dane Sorenson.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-into-play-20130328-2gx90.html#ixzz2Oqi9IzsS

Stuff

Juniors
It seems the Unity group are answering some of the questions which have been raised here..

OLYMPIAN Damian Keogh's bid to become Cronulla chairman has hit an eligibility hurdle as neither he nor six other members of the nine-man Sharks Unity ticket are football club members. Sin Bin understands the high-profile group were informed of the ineligibility problems on Thursday and are now expected to dump a number of candidates as five of the nine directors on the Cronulla board must be football club members. As a result, Dino Mezzatesta, an executive with the Accor hotel group, has been nominated to stand for Sharks Unity against chairman Glenn Coleman for the position but the odds also appear to be against him as the most seats the group could win is six, including all four leagues club seats. With nominations for the election already closed, the group are expected to try to form an alliance with other candidates, who include former Sharks stars Mark McGaw and Dane Sorenson.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-into-play-20130328-2gx90.html#ixzz2Oqi9IzsS

Ha! Wonder if they'll still be handing out paraphernalia on Saturday night?
If you were a 'professional' group of people with strong business acumen and corporate governance, wouldn't you check your eligibility before nominating? Surely you would at least check the eligibility of the alliance you're jumping into bed with???

Latest posts