What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

What about if you give her an engagement ring, and pay for the hire of a tiger to appear at the wedding ceremony, and pay for a honeymoon cruise, then your fiance calls the engagement off, tells you that it's too late to get the cruise fare refunded, but actually takes the tickets and has a cruise with her boss who she's secretly been bonking for years. Can ask for the ring back then? And the fee for the hire of the tiger? This happened to my brother.
I've never been to a wedding with a tiger. You'd want to look closely at the seating arrangement for the reception.

lingard

Coach
Not sure why me not agreeing with you should put you on tilt. I'm not condoning anyone's behavior. All I am an doing is keeping an open mind about outcomes. Why does that upset you ?

Nah. I'm not on tilt. And I'm not upset. At least, not with you. I get a bit upset at the imbalance we have nowadays when it comes to viewing 'domestic violence', though. You know, the generic "he's a monster/she's an innocent victim" stance. Don't get me wrong; I know there are circumstances when men (and sometimes women) can behave in a totally controlling, manipulative, violent, and almost psychopathic way. They completely terrorise, victimise, squeeze the life out of their partners. and sometimes systematically beat the shit out of them, dehumanise them. Destroy them. They are complete arseholes in my opinion. BUT they do not represent ALL cases of domestic violence.
I currently work in an area that deals with families where there is mental illness, drug and alcohol issues and domestic violence, as well as DOCS (FaCS, DCJ) intervention. And, yes, we have cases that fit the 'psychopathic arsehole male' model. In these cases, you feel like the only real solution would be to go out and shoot the merkin. But more often, it's far more complex and complicated. There are women who are the instigators of physical violence. Or emotional violence. Or extreme forms of mental and emotional abuse. And humiliation. And goading. And sometimes the male resorts to physical violence. And guess what? She's then classed as the victim, even though her particular form of abuse may have gone on for far longer than his. I've seen such cases.

To say that there is absolutely no excuse for violence no matter what the situation, is a naïve position to take. I think that, except when one of the partners displays psychopathic behaviours, the responsibility for a violence-free relationship should rest equally with both parties. It's not just a man's problem (as the ads suggest). Nor is it just a woman's problem. Both partners need to be responsible for keeping themselves and each other safe in a relationship. Otherwise we will never find a solution to this f**king awful problem of family violence. End of rant.

Gronk

Staff member
OK the WCC between Roosters and St Helens is being played at Totally Wicked Stadium.

Who is Totally Wicked ? A vape store.

A vape store ? o_O

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not sure if real, but here it is anyway.

Probably real due to these types of banners being common at st merge

cdb1cfa58224addf3789cd35d4ce1118

Gronk

Staff member
A reminder that we all need to be careful about what we say about some chaps.

Latest posts