What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

the phantom menace

First Grade
Folau wannabees... 😡

Amazed that some well-paid professional sports people still have a bee in their bonnet that they would boycott and sacrifice their team's chance at making finals just because of a few inclusivitrainbow stripes on their jersey.

Newflash - whatever your religion (and its intolerances), gay marriage is now legal and a fact of life in this country!

the phantom menace

First Grade
So Kevin Proctor sacked for mid-game vaping... do we put out a temporary late season lifeline, and get him on our bench for the finals push, so that Papalii can join the middle rotations, and everyone's not as gassed?

8 RCG
10 Paulo
11 Lane
12 Nuikore
13 Matterson
14 Papalii
15 Proctor
16 Makatoa / Kaufusi / Rodwell / NBrown

strider

Post Whore
19th man, and apparently still against game day rules. I reckon he'd be worth throwing a few grand at to fire up and play 6-10 games for us off the bench.
Im not saying it was ok - if there are rules, then so be it - and if he is posting it on social media he is dumb as dogshit (ithink he has proven that many times) ... but its being made out like he was sneaking a drag while playing at half time .... 19th man doesnt have any chance of getting on the field last time i looked

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Im not saying it was ok - if there are rules, then so be it - and if he is posting it on social media he is dumb as dogshit (ithink he has proven that many times) ... but its being made out like he was sneaking a drag while playing at half time .... 19th man doesnt have any chance of getting on the field last time i looked
I reckon Sideshow Bob knew exactly what he was doing. He wanted to end his association with the Titans early and clearly this has worked.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Agree, seems a piddling reason to be fined/sacked. That's why I think if he's hungry to go out with some decent efforts (before setting up a UK final year deal?) then he might be worth a shot for us this year.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Folau wannabees... 😡

Amazed that some well-paid professional sports people still have a bee in their bonnet that they would boycott and sacrifice their team's chance at making finals just because of a few inclusivitrainbow stripes on their jersey.

Newflash - whatever your religion (and its intolerances), gay marriage is now legal and a fact of life in this country!

The backflip is on, 3 of the 7 said they would play now

Danny Weidler himself reporting, saying 6 of the 7 wont be playing

A trio of Manly Sea Eagles footballers have reportedly backflipped on their decision to boycott the club’s pride jersey for this week’s NRL match against the Sydney Roosters.
Seven players sensationally stood down after the club announced the pride jersey – featuring rainbow stripes and trim – would be worn as a one-off this week.

Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolutau Koula and Toafofoa Sipley were reportedly opposed to wearing the jersey due to their religious beliefs.

But after Manly held an emergency meeting with the players in question on Monday evening, at least three Manly footballers are now considering wearing the pride jersey this week, according to 7News.

“Of the seven players who are refusing to wear the jersey, at least three now have had a bit of a change of heart and are considering wearing the pride jersey for this upcoming round,” reporter Michelle Bishop told Channel 7’s Sunrise on Tuesday morning.

However, Channel 9’s Danny Weidler reports that six players are currently of the view they won’t play.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think it's funny that this British politician once beat OJ Simpson in a 100m race:

14448974151_3c1ef2f68a_b.jpg