What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Eelogical

Referee
First year living in Brisbane and my local team the Redcliffe Dolphins are in the ISC Grand Final V Easts Tigers..............woohoo!

Eelogical

Referee
Fair enough.
Good luck.
Feeder club to the Broncos, amongst many. Having a club up here called the Easts Tigers is hard to get my head around. I'll admit, I didn't know too much about the current competition here before moving to QLD. Some interesting reading, Suity. I've watched a few games from the ISC on 9now. There are a few faces from the NRL who pop up in games.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queensland_Cup

Gronk

Staff member
The complainant now no longer wants to talk. A confidential settlement ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
can you imagine when she gets off the plane at the airport ? the f**king media will monster her

she may not want to come home for some time

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Feeder club to the Broncos, amongst many. Having a club up here called the Easts Tigers is hard to get my head around. I'll admit, I didn't know too much about the current competition here before moving to QLD. Some interesting reading, Suity. I've watched a few games from the ISC on 9now. There are a few faces from the NRL who pop up in games.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queensland_Cup
I'm partial to the Norths Devils. Used to go and watch them play a fair bit when I lived close-ish. I'm in AFL and union territory now and am slowly turning into a mincer.

Gronk

Staff member
I heard some money exchanged hands there.
Perfectly legal and if the complaint is withdrawn then I bet that suits the NRL as well. These types of deals happen all the time and in varied formats. It can be as simple as a straight up settlement deed with confidentiality terms or sometimes more creative.

I heard a story where a prominent media personality was going hard on a topic which was damaging to another organisation. Things were arranged that something was said blah blah and the media personality was "horrified" and promptly sued for defamation. The case did not go to court, resolved promptly and the media personality received a confidential tax free "settlement" for the case. They bought his/her silence.

Of course it was been reported that Trump often buys silence too. In order for a beauty queen not to blab about horizontal shenanigans, the National Enquirer bought the lifetime rights to her story for a substantial amount. The same thing happened to the doorman at Trump Tower. His life story was bought and then buried.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...g-infidelity-national-enquirer-karen-mcdougal
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-ami-doorman-20180412-story.html

Gronk

Staff member
Alright, I f**ken admit it. I am the world's biggest mincer!!!

We still love you Gaz.

giphy.gif

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he' OK but I dont know about love

not that there is anything wrong with that

TheParraboy

Staff member
This hasn't got a lot of media,

Went to court last Wed 19th Sept according to this article, cant find what went on or was it rescheduled?

www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/id/24670874/souths-player-domestic-violence-charges

South Sydney have revealed forward Zane Musgrove has been charged with domestic violence offences and will face a Sydney court next week.

Hours after the Rabbitohs became embroiled in a video tape scandal reportedly involving two star players, the club released a statement confirming the Samoa international is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.

The 22-year-old pleaded not guilty to charges of common assault, domestic-related common assault and another of damaging or destroying property when he faced court on July 11.

Musgrave was stood down by the club after the alleged incident on July 8 and reinstated following his not guilty plea - a decision they say was endorsed by the NRL Integrity Unit.

"The South Sydney Football Club takes allegations of domestic violence very seriously and will take decisive action should the charges be proven," the Rabbitohs said in a statement on Friday night.

"The Rabbitohs will be making no further comment on this issue until after the court proceedings."

strider

Post Whore
Interesting he was stood down until it got to court and he pled not guilty ... i would think teams would be reluctant to stand people down if they are pleading not guilty ..... was he injured anyway?