What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
That’s my mate there. He is a true Gentlemen. Have never met a kinder soul. Always happy and brings a smile to everyone’s face.

Well its a great acheivement what he has done. Its quite good food for the price. There is better italian around but far more pricey. So its a win win.
It is a little to loud and crowded for me. I like quiet places to eat.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
we are truly f**ked as far as pollies go, I am generally not politically aligned and just when I thought we may have some common sense in govt this clown undoes all his good work

I cant stand Shorten and his unionism, and the greenies are too radical for mine, if it were up to them we'd all be living in a tent

I am a greenie as far as renewabels, recycling and climate change but politically I would have no idea who I would vote for if there was an election tomorrow

if there was a greenish party that was no so radical I reckon they would clean up

Check out the science party

https://www.scienceparty.org.au/environment_policy

T.S Quint

Coach
Do yourself a favour and dine in at my mates restuaruant, The Italian Bowl in Newtown. Best Italian food in inner Sydney.

I’ve eaten there. It’s very good. Always packed out too, so very popular.
I’ve never been to Italy, but the best Italian food I’ve ever had is in Griffith, La Scala restaurant is the name of the place.

Gronk

Staff member
I am confused that the competitors at Invictus are playing wheelchair tennis and rugby, but they are not necessarily (traditionally) disabled. The girl has a lower back injury and PTSD. Not downplaying her issues, but an able-bodied person in a wheelchair seems wrong.

Dibs

Bench
I am confused that the competitors at Invictus are playing wheelchair tennis and rugby, but they are not necessarily (traditionally) disabled. The girl has a lower back injury and PTSD. Not downplaying her issues, but an able-bodied person in a wheelchair seems wrong.
You reckon she should be allowed to play without one?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F388944%2F8542b262-f37b-4da2-bf66-99f10ebe74fc.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member

https://www.physioroom.com/info/what-are-the-invictus-games/

The Invictus Games are a world-wide sporting event that see wounded or injured servicemen and woman, both currently serving and veterans, compete in a set of events in pursuit of gold, silver or bronze!

It’s aimed at giving those who may not feel like they have much left, renewed hope through sport and all the unique benefits that can bring a person. It’s about overcoming the odds and conquering your fears.

In fact, the word Invictus itself is Latin for ‘unconquered’, and it’s that spirit which helps the wounded, injured and ill service personnel achieve everything they can post-injury.

hindy111

Post Whore
I can only watch sports at there best.
I cant watch A league cause there is the prenier league.
I cant watch bathurst cause there is F1
I cant watch state cricket cause there is international cricket.

parra pete

Referee
In the great days of the British Empire, a new commanding officer was sent to an African jungle outpost to relieve the retiring colonel.
After welcoming his replacement and showing the usual courtesies (gin and tonic, cucumber sandwiches etc.) that protocol decrees, the retiring colonel said, "You must meet my Adjutant, Captain Smithers, he's my right-hand man, he's really the strength of this office. His talent is simply boundless."
Smithers was summoned and introduced to the new CO, who was surprised to meet a humpbacked, one eyed, toothless, hairless, scabbed and pockmarked specimen of humanity, a particularly unattractive man less than three feet tall.
"Smithers, old man, tell your new CO about yourself."
"Well, sir, I graduated with honours from Sandhurst, joined the regiment and won the Military Cross and Bar after three expeditions behind enemy lines. I've represented Great Britain in equestrian events, and won a Silver Medal in the middleweight division of the Olympics. I have researched the history of....."
Here the colonel interrupted, "Yes, yes, never mind that Smithers, he can find all that in your file. Tell him about the day you told the witch doctor to F@*k off."

Eelogical

Referee
In the great days of the British Empire, a new commanding officer was sent to an African jungle outpost to relieve the retiring colonel.
After welcoming his replacement and showing the usual courtesies (gin and tonic, cucumber sandwiches etc.) that protocol decrees, the retiring colonel said, "You must meet my Adjutant, Captain Smithers, he's my right-hand man, he's really the strength of this office. His talent is simply boundless."
Smithers was summoned and introduced to the new CO, who was surprised to meet a humpbacked, one eyed, toothless, hairless, scabbed and pockmarked specimen of humanity, a particularly unattractive man less than three feet tall.
"Smithers, old man, tell your new CO about yourself."
"Well, sir, I graduated with honours from Sandhurst, joined the regiment and won the Military Cross and Bar after three expeditions behind enemy lines. I've represented Great Britain in equestrian events, and won a Silver Medal in the middleweight division of the Olympics. I have researched the history of....."
Here the colonel interrupted, "Yes, yes, never mind that Smithers, he can find all that in your file. Tell him about the day you told the witch doctor to F@*k off."
Jeez, Pete. How many times have you told that one at the Hay rissole club to members who couldn't hear it?

RandyAndy

Juniors
In fact, the word Invictus itself is Latin for ‘unconquered’, and it’s that spirit which helps the wounded, injured and ill service personnel achieve everything they can post-injury.

my high school friend that I go 4wd/camping with went into the forces as soon as high school finished and did several peacekeeping missions along with afghanistan, after each trip something always seemed to be missing from him.

even though he has no physical wounds unfortunately his head has not been right since he got out, his marriage breaking down didnt help and either did the drink or drugs. It took time and moving to the country to start rebuilding something in his life. Seeing what he has gone through has given me a deeper appreciation for all the athletes competing in the invictus games