What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Is it a full moon ? Some loonies in some of the other threads today.
26.gif

Gronk

Staff member
Meh......

Who hasn't said tranny? FFS we live in a shit world!

Well now you know it's offensive. As a decent man you will take it on board and refrain from saying it again. I'm sure that you will lose little sleep over it.

Incorrect

Coach
Is there any info on exactly why "tranny" is offensive? Is it not just a shortened version of the word transvestite? You know , like how us "Aussie's" like to shorten everything we say? For example, instead of saying "I'm rather thirsty, I think I might go to the public house down near Parramatta Stadium and enjoy a schooner of ale", we're likely to say "I'm going to the pub near Parra stadium for a skewie of piss"

If some weirdo decides the abbreviation of the term which the rest of the public knows them/knew them as is now offensive well f%*K me, I'm afraid I can't keep up with all this nonsense. Have these people not got more important things to devote their anguish/energy towards?? Deadset

Gronk

Staff member
Is there any info on exactly why "tranny" is offensive? Is it not just a shortened version of the word transvestite? You know , like how us "Aussie's" like to shorten everything we say? For example, instead of saying "I'm rather thirsty, I think I might go to the public house down near Parramatta Stadium and enjoy a schooner of ale", we're likely to say "I'm going to the pub near Parra stadium for a skewie of piss"

If some weirdo decides the abbreviation of the term which the rest of the public knows them/knew them as is now offensive well f%*K me, I'm afraid I can't keep up with all this nonsense. Have these people not got more important things to devote their anguish/energy towards?? Deadset
Life changes. Im sure you adjusted ok when it was no longer PC to refer to a mans colour ir ethnicity in a derogatory manner.

You're a good man and I'm sure that your empathy for your fellow mankind will allow you to adjust but removing the T word from your vocabulary. Not that it's used daily right ?