What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He plans to run a candidate in every federal seat and heaps in the senate.

He expects to outspend the libs by forking out $50m in advertising.

He personally will stand in the marginal Queensland seat of Herbert (Townsville) in the LOWER house.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...r-in-huge-election-binge-20190117-p50rvi.html

Which is crazy because his Queensland Nickel was the one that went into administration in Townsville.
So the fat f**k can blow 50m on advertising but couldn’t pay the workers from Nickel their entitlements????

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'm betting that his intention of running a shit ton of candidates is he expects to garner enough first preference votes in each state he runs in order to meet the minimum requirement for electoral funding in each state and / or as many electorates as possible.

If the candidates on the ground receive no payment and he scoops it all up, he can fund as much as possible of his spend to re-enter politics, with a considerable amount at the expense of the taxpayer.

This would make more sense if he is running for the senate as having a candidate in each electorate in the state in which he stands is likely to help him garner more votes in the senate.

If it all turns to shit, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a litany of claims finding their way to court.

Eelogical

Referee
Best forum related caption will get the first three rounds on me at Yamba next week.

img57745854.jpg
Ram and Hindy discussing the Footy after Bones on Bones.
You're close to what I was I had in mind. Hindy and Rammy discussing coaching tactics over a couple of beers.

Gronk

Staff member

Two coal power stations failed in Vic yesterday and most if Vic was saved from blackouts because they souced power from SA. The SA power was from 80% renewables.
yes.gif

hindy111

Post Whore

Two coal power stations failed in Vic yesterday and most if Vic was saved from blackouts because they souced power from SA. The SA power was from 80% renewables.
yes.gif

I am all for renewable energy and also more efficent homes. I am still confused why so many people have black roof tiles when building new. Why arent all new houses built with those large concerete filled bricks, sarking, solar fans in roof spaces.Double glazed windows.
And solar should be now mandatory on new homes and factories. Even if it generates 25% of the power for now.
What type of solar do you have on your home Gronk?